Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NorthernStar's 1st Coco grow Ft. OG Kush + Deep Cheese. Mentored by Samwise Gamgee!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,089 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
    Hey NS,

I live in a hard water area (generally 0.5 to 0.6 base EC) and found on my first few grows I would get cal/mag issues, but this was down to the calcium in my reservoir forming limescale, which the plants cant take up as the particles are to large. I added amino acids to chelate (grip) the calcium particles, stopping them from binding with other particles and making the calcium more readily available to the plant.

I cant imagine with soft water that you will encounter this issue, and there is lots of cal/mag in the nutes, as its generally the first thing a chemical engineer would add. A bottle of cal/mag and some epsom salts are very beneficial to have, just in case thou, and even now in veg I will give the plants a good foliar spray with cal/mag and Epsom salts once a week. This is more preventative than anything else thou, as since i have been using amino acids I haven't had any cal/mag issues

Never heard of the ATA clean product tbh, but a bottle of cal/mag and a tub of Epsom salts are cheap as chips, and like the liquid silicon will last you a fair few grows

Some products are worth buying and using, but there is a lot of snake oil out there that people sell

Just had a look at the ATA clean and the liquid silicon will do exactly the same, as well as the benefits above that I have mentioned the liquid silicon particles are large and pourous and help to keep drippers clean of any build up.
    Ok Sam thanks for the info mate, great stuff. Most of the stuff has arrived, just waiting on the Canna Calmag, Silicon and Wilma. Roll on the chop on Saturday then roll on next week to get this next venture rolling! hoping to germinate by Wednesday and in the Coco by Friday if everything goes smoothly. Also i'm currently hydrating my PH Pen in the next couple of days i'll take a base EC and PH reading of my water and let you know.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-12-16), ERBURT (12-11-16), Samwise Gamgee (10-11-16)

Thanks

Just did the base test Sam, don't even know if this info will be of use to you but letting you know anyway - Ph seems to be at 7.3, the EC one was a bit tricky i tested 2 ways, one testing water straight from the tap and another from water i left out overnight in a gallon jug. Water straight from tap seems to be 0.2ec sometimes jumping down to 0.1ec and the water that i left out tests at 0.0ec.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

You always want to leave your water over night mate, so you pretty much have no base EC

The Ph we don't need to worry about thou, as when you are mixing up feed you pretty much want to aim for 5.8 all the time

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    Just did the base test Sam, don't even know if this info will be of use to you but letting you know anyway - Ph seems to be at 7.3, the EC one was a bit tricky i tested 2 ways, one testing water straight from the tap and another from water i left out overnight in a gallon jug. Water straight from tap seems to be 0.2ec sometimes jumping down to 0.1ec and the water that i left out tests at 0.0ec.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-12-16), Northern (11-11-16)

Thanks

You always want to leave your water over night mate, so you pretty much have no base EC

The Ph we don't need to worry about thou, as when you are mixing up feed you pretty much want to aim for 5.8 all the time
    Ok mate yeah I figured the chlorine etc would have something to do with my tap EC being different from the water left overnight. I bought a truncheon also and got the same results as the EC meter. Only thing I'm waiting on now is the Canna Cal/mag shocked everything has arrived so quickly, very unusual. Can barely move around with all the packages haha

Sent using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (12-11-16)

Thanks

Shopping complete! feel like a kid right before Christmas can't wait to get started.

I tried to get 0.5l pots Sam and had no luck at any shops, i picked these up that look to be around 1 liter to me so hopefully they will do then i will just plant them into their final pots after. Size comparison next to PK 13/14.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-12-16), ERBURT (12-11-16), kbag (12-11-16), Samwise Gamgee (12-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Looking corking fella, love all that shiney kit, the bluelab stuff is great kit as well, how come you got a truncheon and a pen mate?

I have had the pens for a couple of years now, as long as you clean and calibrate them every month, they will earn there money back after one grow

Nutes looking good as well mate, cant wait to get seed popping now

Noticed you were due a medal as well fella, so hope you like your new bling, and you also have your students cap
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 12-11-16 at 05:54 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-12-16), ERBURT (12-11-16), Northern (12-11-16)

Thanks

Looking corking fella, love all that shiney kit, the bluelab stuff is great kit as well, how come you got a truncheon and a pen mate?

I have had the pens for a couple of years now, as long as you clean and calibrate them every month, they will earn there money back after one grow

Nutes looking good as well mate, cant wait to get seed popping now
    Hey mate,

I was happy with just the EC Pen but then i seen the truncheon on flea bay brand new for a really good price, better than half price so just grabbed it before someone else did as a back up really and like the fact you don't have to calibrate em, probably won't use it much but it's there if i need it lol Yeah same i will let you know when i start germinating and we will get cracking

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (12-11-16), Samwise Gamgee (12-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Think il be in on this one lads : )
    Mon some life!

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Northern (12-11-16), Samwise Gamgee (13-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post
    Think il be in on this one lads : )
    Mon some life!
    Yes Erburt glad to have you around mate!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (12-11-16), Samwise Gamgee (13-11-16)

Thanks

Hey Sam, just bought a new tent which should totally maximize my space, it may actually be a bit too tight tbh but i'm taking the risk and bought it anyway. I will now have 90x90x180 space so should make up for the Wilma taking 20cm of height off of my current tent. Should arrive on Thursday and at the very latest Friday so i'm still on course to get started this week, current grow is drying in my tent just now anyway just taking a little longer than expected.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-12-16), ERBURT (15-11-16), Samwise Gamgee (15-11-16)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast