Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NorthernStar's 1st Coco grow Ft. OG Kush + Deep Cheese. Mentored by Samwise Gamgee!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,089 Times

Tent still hasn't shown up Sam, not even been dispatched. I phoned and they told me that they have had trouble at the shop and are backlogged with orders. It has now been dispatched and should be here Tuesday or Wednesday they said not ideal but worth waiting a few more days for. Sorry for the delay

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (18-11-16)

Thanks

So the tent arrived today didn't knnow PF delivered on Sundays guess the company wanted to make up for the delay. Set everything up looking good, not used to having all these extra duct and wire ports. Currently germinating 2 Deep Cheese seeds really hope they come through and i can get them in the Coco by Tuesday with a bit of luck. So what do you suggest for me to give them once i move them into pots Sam, plain PH'd water to start with or a bit of Rhizo? Gonna do a little dry run tomorrow with the lights and fans running to see what temps and humidity I'm getting.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (21-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Morning NS, its a horrible wet day in the Shire so some seed germing will cheer us up fella

I would mix up a 2 litre pop bottle, and add 1ml per litre of rhizo, and Ph it to 5.8. About 6 hrs before planting the seeds, I would give the coco a good soaking then leave it to stand and dry out for while. Then pop the tip of a pencil into the coco, which will give you about a 5mm hole to plant the seeds

If you have a prop then bung them in there until we see action above ground, then straight under the light, you can put them under the light when germing if you want, its a good way of keeping a nice even temperature

Have you thought about the light cycle you want to run for veg?, I often run 24/7 under the T5 for the first 4 weeks then drop to 18/6 for the rest of veg, but entirely up to you mate

Hope you have a great week fella

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    So the tent arrived today didn't knnow PF delivered on Sundays guess the company wanted to make up for the delay. Set everything up looking good, not used to having all these extra duct and wire ports. Currently germinating 2 Deep Cheese seeds really hope they come through and i can get them in the Coco by Tuesday with a bit of luck. So what do you suggest for me to give them once i move them into pots Sam, plain PH'd water to start with or a bit of Rhizo? Gonna do a little dry run tomorrow with the lights and fans running to see what temps and humidity I'm getting.
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 21-11-16 at 06:21 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-12-16), ERBURT (21-11-16), Northern (21-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
    Morning NS, its a horrible wet day in the Shire so some seed germing will cheer us up fella

I would mix up a 2 litre pop bottle, and add 1ml per litre of rhizo, and Ph it to 5.8. About 6 hrs before planting the seeds, I would give the coco a good soaking then leave it to stand and dry out for while. Then pop the tip of a pencil into the coco, which will give you about a 5mm hole to plant the seeds

If you have a prop then bung them in there until we see action above ground, then straight under the light, you can put them under the light when germing if you want, its a good way of keeping a nice even temperature

Have you thought about the light cycle you want to run for veg?, I often run 24/7 under the T5 for the first 4 weeks then drop to 18/6 for the rest of veg, but entirely up to you mate

Hope you have a great week fella
    Hey Mate! Ok i just checked the seeds they have tiny little sprouts going to leave them in the kitchen roll and plates until tomorrow and let them grow out a bit more. I'll make up the feed mix now I haven't got a propagator anymore i'll just cut some bottles down and put them on top. I'm not sure yet about light schedule, in my first 2 grows i ran the lights 24/7 for the first week then went 18/6 for rest of veg, maybe do an extra week of 24/7 this time.

Took some photos of the new tent with the Wilma in it to see how it looks. Tent size is now 90x90x185, think 2 plants in Wilma will be fine for that space?

Also doing a test run just now using 250w and sitting at 24c but humidity is a problem, sitting at 39 even though humidity in the room is around 60. I never had problems with humidity using LED's during veg, think i should buy a humidifier?

Yeah have a good one too mate speak later

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-12-16), ERBURT (22-11-16), joker_the_smoker (24-11-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Nice an tidy in there : )

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Northern (22-11-16)

Thanks

Looking good fella, nice tidy set up in their, mon the seedlings

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Northern (22-11-16)

Thanks

Thanks guys gonna try my best to keep it that way lol what you think about the humidity Sam? Cranked it up to 400w and humidity was sitting low 30's. I figure that will be fine during flower but probly gonna have to get a humidifier for during veg. If you can recommend me one for a fair price shoot me a pm I'll have a proper look when I'm home from work. Mon the seedlings!

Sent using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (22-11-16), Samwise Gamgee (22-11-16)

Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about humidity at the minute mate, keep the domes over them for the first few days, as the plants get bigger the humidity will rise anyways as they will transpire more.

Low humidity isn't to bad tbh, its worse when its higher as that can lead to Cal/Mag issues, but for the minute i would just play it by ear and see how we go

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
    Thanks guys gonna try my best to keep it that way lol what you think about the humidity Sam? Cranked it up to 400w and humidity was sitting low 30's. I figure that will be fine during flower but probly gonna have to get a humidifier for during veg. If you can recommend me one for a fair price shoot me a pm I'll have a proper look when I'm home from work. Mon the seedlings!

Sent using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-12-16), Northern (22-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about humidity at the minute mate, keep the domes over them for the first few days, as the plants get bigger the humidity will rise anyways as they will transpire more.

Low humidity isn't to bad tbh, its worse when its higher as that can lead to Cal/Mag issues, but for the minute i would just play it by ear and see how we go
    Ok mate just let me know if you think a humidifier is needed and i'll get one ordered.

And we're off! I did what you said and added 2ml of Rhizo to 2liters of water then Ph'd down to 5.8. Not used to PH'ing luckily i prepped a couple gallons of water as backup lol got it on second try though, EC was at 0.1. Had some nice big taproots on em when i put them into the Coco fingers crossed everything goes well and they crack the surface Gave the makeshift domes a spray and popped them on top they have been under for a couple of hours now and got the light set to 250w.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-12-16), joker_the_smoker (24-11-16), Samwise Gamgee (22-11-16)

Thanks

Hey Sam, so both seeds managed to break the surface, one yesterday the other today. Gonna make a fresh batch of feed up when I'm finished work and will add some pics. What you reckon for next feed 1ml/l of Rhizo again or up it to 2ml/l? Remember my EC was only 0.1 last feed at 1ml/l Rhizo.

Sent using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (24-11-16)

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast