Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 10 plants 1 main room 1 mother tent worst case what will happen?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

I got caught with 9, 3 big in DWC and 6 small under test LEDs, further complicated by being caught along with 3 friends who all got separately raided and they tried to lump our charges together into something bigger (didn't help there was an unrelated tazer in my house either)

They spent about 2 days searching my house with me in cells (and breaking lots of their tools on my monster plants, ha!) tbf they left it in a decent enough state, tore the grow room to bits and left near everything else, I was all ready for total devestation and my computers and phones and such to be gone *shrug*

After 18 months of too-ing and fro-ing on bail I finally pled guilty to cultivation and possession of the tazer (it was the tazer they were most pissed about, I wanted the charge thrown out but one of the co defendants panicked and indirectly grassed me, dick) In the end I got 300 hours comm service and 2 years probation, which is like the most heavy punishment possible bar jail. The long bail and following probation sucked, you're always para as you're aware normal law doesn't apply to you any more, there is no benefit of the doubt and simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time is now a crime. The upside is 18 months bail is a long time to make yourself look good, kept out of trouble, engaged with my lawyer and took every volunteer/education course I could get my hands on and it def helped.

When push comes to shove in weed cases it often isn't really a Judge who decides whether you go to jail or not, it's a social worker report, and they're a HELL of a lot easier to work with and convince than police and legal people, esp if it's a 'victimless' crime like weed, where you're up against the relatively unmotivated crown as opposed to an actively pissed off victim. The Judge can disregard the report if they wish but have little reason in such cases where no danger to the public ect is implied.

In hindsight i'm kinda glad it happened, I'd been rotting on the dole stoned all day for years, I genuinely enjoyed my community service (I got a kushy indoors post repairing and painting benches in a toasty workshop with a kettle and radio) came back as a volunteer afterwards and they got me a bunch of qualifications and a horticulture job with the council and then again with the housing association, opportunities & funding i'd never have had sitting on the dole ironically...Hasn't really put me off growing long term, I keep my numbers at 6 to be on safe side and once you get a growing charge on your record it's not like a second one is going to disqualify me from anything the first one didn't *shrug* I'm not scared of the process any more, I'd likely just plead guilty at the police station and go home to await my punishment in the mail.

(Went off track a touch...there isn't really a set 'Worst that will happen' It depends on loads of stuff but this is just my story with them.)
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (20-11-16), carpetburn (25-11-16), Cunning (20-11-16), ERBURT (20-11-16), FrostieNugs (18-02-17), GEORGE (28-12-16), Ginger-bud (20-11-16), Glynne (30-11-16), Jack_41 (21-11-16), Jazzy0121 (20-11-16), MrJungle (20-11-16), Trex (08-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    I got caught with 9, 3 big in DWC and 6 small under test LEDs, further complicated by being caught along with 3 friends who all got separately raided and they tried to lump our charges together into something bigger (didn't help there was an unrelated tazer in my house either)

They spent about 2 days searching my house with me in cells (and breaking lots of their tools on my monster plants, ha!) tbf they left it in a decent enough state, tore the grow room to bits and left near everything else, I was all ready for total devestation and my computers and phones and such to be gone *shrug*

After 18 months of too-ing and fro-ing on bail I finally pled guilty to cultivation and possession of the tazer (it was the tazer they were most pissed about, I wanted the charge thrown out but one of the co defendants panicked and indirectly grassed me, dick) In the end I got 300 hours comm service and 2 years probation, which is like the most heavy punishment possible bar jail. The long bail and following probation sucked, you're always para as you're aware normal law doesn't apply to you any more, there is no benefit of the doubt and simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time is now a crime. The upside is 18 months bail is a long time to make yourself look good, kept out of trouble, engaged with my lawyer and took every volunteer/education course I could get my hands on and it def helped.

When push comes to shove in weed cases it often isn't really a Judge who decides whether you go to jail or not, it's a social worker report, and they're a HELL of a lot easier to work with and convince than police and legal people, esp if it's a 'victimless' crime like weed, where you're up against the relatively unmotivated crown as opposed to an actively pissed off victim. The Judge can disregard the report if they wish but have little reason in such cases where no danger to the public ect is implied.

In hindsight i'm kinda glad it happened, I'd been rotting on the dole stoned all day for years, I genuinely enjoyed my community service (I got a kushy indoors post repairing and painting benches in a toasty workshop with a kettle and radio) came back as a volunteer afterwards and they got me a bunch of qualifications and a horticulture job with the council and then again with the housing association, opportunities & funding i'd never have had sitting on the dole ironically...Hasn't really put me off growing long term, I keep my numbers at 6 to be on safe side and once you get a growing charge on your record it's not like a second one is going to disqualify me from anything the first one didn't *shrug* I'm not scared of the process any more, I'd likely just plead guilty at the police station and go home to await my punishment in the mail.

(Went off track a touch...there isn't really a set 'Worst that will happen' It depends on loads of stuff but this is just my story with them.)
    Good story thanks for sharing

Great how you managed to turn it into a positive,onwards and upwards dear

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (20-11-16), GEORGE (28-12-16), Glynne (30-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post

Fair play lad. Made the best out of a bad situation.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jazzy0121 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (20-11-16), carpetburn (25-11-16), ERBURT (20-11-16), GEORGE (28-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Old Pioneer View Post
    jailed for two years - including 14 months for the drug offence - after he pleaded guilty to producing cannabis, dangerous driving, driving while disqualified and without insurance and a licence.
    Makes me sick, 14 months for growing plants and 6 months for driving like a twat whilst disqualified, putting lives at risk, no insurance, no licence. Priorities!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrJungle For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Im a medical patiant in Canada without a "license" 3 heriated discs , spinal stenosis , Even though I dont have a license , the Supreme Court Of canada ruled that it is unconstituitional to charge any medical patient for growing Medical marijuana ..... Plus its going to be legal come April .

Cops are still somewhat arresting people especially the arrogant assholes who are growing ,selling to kids from their homes with 2-300 plants , , but other then that cases one after another are being thrown out of court .

After the last bout with the cops , last fall , them throwing me in a cell for no reason whatsoever and refusing my Constituitional right to a phone call and lawyer 6 times , held me without cause for 6 hours without bathroom nor food , I am for the most part untouchable and i think they have a stand down order on me , to leave me the fuck alone for PR reasons ,because i was doing 70 km in a 50zone once , coped pulled me over , scanned my plate , came back to me , Said slow it down sir and have a good day . a 20 over in town is one nasty fine where i am ,500$ fineminimum i would say .

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-16), Glynne (25-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Im a medical patiant in Canada without a "license" 3 heriated discs , spinal stenosis , Even though I dont have a license , the Supreme Court Of canada ruled that it is unconstituitional to charge any medical patient for growing Medical marijuana ..... Plus its going to be legal come April .

Cops are still somewhat arresting people especially the arrogant assholes who are growing ,selling to kids from their homes with 2-300 plants , , but other then that cases one after another are being thrown out of court .

After the last bout with the cops , last fall , them throwing me in a cell for no reason whatsoever and refusing my Constituitional right to a phone call and lawyer 6 times , held me without cause for 6 hours without bathroom nor food , I am for the most part untouchable and i think they have a stand down order on me , to leave me the fuck alone for PR reasons ,because i was doing 70 km in a 50zone once , coped pulled me over , scanned my plate , came back to me , Said slow it down sir and have a good day . a 20 over in town is one nasty fine where i am ,500$ fineminimum i would say .
    Im currently on application for personal medical grow....you really think its going to happen by april?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I aint holding my breath to be honest , that dipshit Trudeau photo op Bitch ,has said alot of shit and has stabbed us in the back on every issue ..

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    I aint holding my breath to be honest , that dipshit Trudeau photo op Bitch ,has said alot of shit and has stabbed us in the back on every issue ..
    Ya i hear ya.My doctor said same thing though or he said by spring.as well not holding my breath.....at least that nazi harper is gone though lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirBudsAlot View Post
    Ya i hear ya.My doctor said same thing though or he said by spring.as well not holding my breath.....at least that nazi harper is gone though lol

How you go about getting a med license these days , i checked that out a few years ago , the stacks of papers to fill out was Beyond comprehension ...
    Needed like a signature from 2-3 surgeons and a family Dr , I dont even have a family Dr its been 6 years and still on a wait list . But immigrants get a free ride cut in line ... fucking Bullshit !!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Its pretty simple now...you just print the forms off health canada website....for the medical card its just a couple sheets...for the grow mabey 6 sheets....but if you have had a charge or conviction in the past 10 years your screwed on the grow..i just asked my doctor and he was happy to help....the rules for the grow part are much more lax now too just needs to be behind a locked door....a couple years back it was insane.....locked door with a cage behind and security cameras the whole shebang...they must be starting to realize people cant afford all this crap..oh and also if you plan to do any outdoor you cant be within a certain distance from schools playgrounds etc...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast