Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: blueberry + purple haze... Purpleberry haze?

Thanks

Default blueberry + purple haze... Purpleberry haze?

After my auto grow I am contemplating on buying photoperiod blue berry and purple haze. Growing a batch and getting 2 clones and crossing them together with c.s. in a small tent.

Am I being foolish has it been done before? Am I gonna make a mess or is it possibly a holy grail of cool?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WakaWaka For This Useful Post:

Blue (10-11-16), GEORGE (14-04-18), Northern (08-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Yes it's possible and not foolish at all. Plenty of free seeds and a great learning experience. Ideally you should do some selection first. Pick out the phenotype from each strain you like best as these are the genetics passed on through the generations of your breeding project. Your looking for things like smell,flower time, internode distance, vigour, yield, resin production and so on. Your first seeds won't be identical in growth as there F1s but I'm sure they'l be some nice plants amongst them

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (12-11-16), GEORGE (14-04-18), M_C (10-11-16)

Thanks

I dont really have the space to go full blown genetical testing but would more likely get seeds from a breeder that are photo period and feminized, grow and take clones, and correct me if I am wrong I dont have it all nailed down.

If i root a blueberry clone and let it thicken up at the stalk and graft 4 purple haze clones onto it I could spray the franken plant with CS and pollinate the blueberry fem with the hermed purple haze graft and make fem seeds from that?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WakaWaka For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-18)

Thanks

Your plan to take clones and use c.s is fine. Personally I wouldn't bother with the grafting. You could keep a clone from one of the plants aside reverse it with the c.s collect and store the pollen until your second clone grow is in flower then carefully apply the pollen to only a small amount of buds (there's a few techniques) which in turn will give you buds to smoke plus seeds from the cross in the pollinated buds. The best of both worlds

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (12-11-16), GEORGE (14-04-18)

Thanks

I get it. But my goal is just seeds so it will just be in my propagation tent or i might have to buy a small propagation tent for it smokeable yield is not really a goal since the hybrid seed is what i actually want to grow and test.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WakaWaka For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-18)

Thanks

So I ordered a small 90x60x90 tent with a 300W LED and a autopot easy2go water system that can just sit at a bottom of a large tray and set water level, this way I can just keep the autopot pots soakin in there and move em around easy. Im aiming to do quick veg times to keep em small and go straight to the seed producing stage.

as to what I have to work with. current seed stock is as follows :

5 Strawberry Kush FEM
    3 Purple Haze FEM
    3 Blueberry FEM
    5 Blue Dream FEM
    3 Super Silver Haze FEM
    5 Gold Leaf (unsure if FEM or not)

any suggestions guys?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WakaWaka For This Useful Post:

Blue (12-11-16), GEORGE (14-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WakaWaka View Post
    So I ordered a small 90x60x90 tent with a 300W LED and a autopot easy2go water system that can just sit at a bottom of a large tray and set water level, this way I can just keep the autopot pots soakin in there and move em around easy. Im aiming to do quick veg times to keep em small and go straight to the seed producing stage.

as to what I have to work with. current seed stock is as follows :

5 Strawberry Kush FEM
    3 Purple Haze FEM
    3 Blueberry FEM
    5 Blue Dream FEM
    3 Super Silver Haze FEM
    5 Gold Leaf (unsure if FEM or not)

any suggestions guys?
    Id certainly use the blueberry as one of the strains but research the other strains and there breeders further to ensure what your using is reliable as hermie traits etc need to be avoided at all costs... It's not really a case of throwing two nice sounding strains together to get great results.

For example you want to cross blueberry to purple haze for a blueberry tasting plant with purple buds. This isn't going to happen and the outcome could be a million miles away from what you expected due to hidden traits underlying in both plants.

You should start a diary for this when your ready to go as it'l be interesting waka

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (12-11-16), GEORGE (14-04-18), Valentina (30-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Id certainly use the blueberry as one of the strains but research the other strains and there breeders further to ensure what your using is reliable as hermie traits etc need to be avoided at all costs... It's not really a case of throwing two nice sounding strains together to get great results.

For example you want to cross blueberry to purple haze for a blueberry tasting plant with purple buds. This isn't going to happen and the outcome could be a million miles away from what you expected due to hidden traits underlying in both plants.

You should start a diary for this when your ready to go as it'l be interesting waka

Will definitely start a breeding diary, all the seeds are from Robert Bergen(ILGM) a breeder in amsterdam. I am quite curious to cross his Gold Leaf strain as I cant seem to find any info on it on the internet it must be pretty new

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WakaWaka For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (12-11-16), GEORGE (14-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Also once you have grown out your f1 seeds
    Not sure wether you would have to back cross
    Them several times to stabilise it.not sure if you
    Have to do that crossing fems but I would imagine so.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Blue (12-11-16), GEORGE (14-04-18), WakaWaka (13-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WakaWaka View Post
    Will definitely start a breeding diary, all the seeds are from Robert Bergen(ILGM) a breeder in amsterdam. I am quite curious to cross his Gold Leaf strain as I cant seem to find any info on it on the internet it must be pretty new
    Ive just had a look through this breeders strains. Most on your list are tall growers other than the strawberry kush. So bare this in mind when growing out and breeding these strains together as the outcome will most likely be some very tall plants. So ensure you have the space

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (12-11-16), GEORGE (14-04-18), Valentina (30-09-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast