Thread: Water problem, maybe algae? Help needed ASAP.

Thanks

Default Water problem, maybe algae? Help needed ASAP.

Hi.

I'm currently in my first week of flower. After a couple days of flush I added my coco a & b nutes and my canna boost to my autopot res. That was two days ago. Everything was fine until I checked the res this morning and the water has gone a dirty murky colour with some foam looking bubbles on the surface. It hasn't affected the plants as of yet, but I'm worried it could cause problems if I don't sort it now.

Do anyone have any idea what this is? And how to solve it?

Thanks.

Jake

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakewwfc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-16)

Viz Guest

Hello Jake,

first up lets find out where you got your water from, assuming tap. Then what is the temp of the water in your res?

And have you added anything else to the water besides the three components.

Obviously change the water ASAP.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-16)

Thanks

Well the temp is luke warm but I no that isn't the problem as it's no different to the temp it was in the 4 weeks of veg, and that stayed perfectly clear.

added nothing else apart from the solution to get the correct ph. Also I've spoke to a friend who is a regular grower and he said if it's not affecting the plants, there's nothing to worry about

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakewwfc For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

If the water is just standing in a bucket , of course algae will set in . especially if its warm , its like a breeding ground for funguses and diseases .

Get it away from light and keep the temps down ,make the water circulate if possible .

Ph plays a big role . 5.5-6.2 ish general range ,, 5.8-5.9 is the goldilocks for hydro . no too too ceertain about coco though .
    Last edited by Trex; 16-12-16 at 04:40 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-12-16), SirBudsAlot (17-12-16)

Thanks

Thanks all I think it is an algae problem I've left it a couple days and hasn't got any worse but hasn't affected the plants in any way which is good I'm due to do a water change midweek anyway so I'll just do it early today I think

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakewwfc For This Useful Post:

Trex (18-12-16)