Thread: How can I convert this into a ScrOG?

Thanks

Default How can I convert this into a ScrOG?

I've been vegging 3 orange bud bagseed for about 6 or 7 weeks now in a DR60. It became clear that the plants were far too big to be flowered in that tent, so I've got myself a DR90 tent for the switch to 12/12.

The new version of the DR90 came with a scrog net, so I'd like to try doing that for the first time this grow and would appreciate a bit help from those more experienced.

In your opinion, would it be best to

a) carry on vegging for another week or so, tucking shoots under the net then flipping to 12/12

OR

b) flip to 12/12 now and weave the shoots through the net for the first couple of weeks of the flip

Each plant has been topped twice so there are plenty of growing tips on each one.

If I've not given enough information to make a proper decision let me know!

Thanks,

Fridge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrog1.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	337210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrog2.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	337211

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fridge For This Useful Post:

Danuk (17-12-16), ganja.lad (18-12-16)

Thanks

I think i managed to sort this out myself. I just lowered the screen a bit as if the plant had been growing through it for a few days, then merrily tucked away.

I can't see why I won't be able to carry on running this grow as a scrog.

I've never been very good at telling whether a hybrid is indica or sativa dominant by looking at the leaves, especially round the 60:40 ratio, i don't even know if this is possible in veg?

Would somebody be able to take a look at the leaves and take a guess to help me work out the amount of stretch I can expect. I know its impossible to be spot on but a lot of you here have a lot more experience of this than me.

I can't even rely on this being orange bud my dealer talks strains out of his arse.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fridge For This Useful Post:

imnice (20-12-16)

Thanks

Currently looks like this:

Name:	scrog3.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	337232

Currently using 250w MH, but will flip on Monday under a 400w or 600w HPS depending on how easy it is to control temps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fridge For This Useful Post:

Glynne (24-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Quote Originally Posted by fridge View Post
    Currently looks like this:

Name:	scrog3.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	337232

Currently using 250w MH, but will flip on Monday under a 400w or 600w HPS depending on how easy it is to control temps.
    It's already a scrog mate, although I would give another week of veg before flipping

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (18-12-16), fridge (18-12-16), Glynne (24-12-16), imnice (20-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

you could keep the 250W on them thru stretch to keep it down, then hit them with the 400 or 600 watters.
    good luck.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

fridge (24-12-16), Glynne (24-12-16)