Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Semi Detached House question

The Aspie Toker Guest

Update: There doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference in the noise from the fan, at least the wife doesn't think so.

I had a thought. How much ducting do I need from the end of the fan? I presently have around 4 metres that runs under the bed. If I cut most of it off, there won't be so much weight pulling it down.

I have a stocking at the end of it, so catch any dust and shit.

Thank you
    TAT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

M_C (22-12-16)

Thanks

Good luck mate just keep an eye on that guy living in the attic

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cull For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-12-16), ggotch (24-12-16), happyjack (23-12-16), M_C (22-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Update: There doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference in the noise from the fan, at least the wife doesn't think so.

I had a thought. How much ducting do I need from the end of the fan? I presently have around 4 metres that runs under the bed. If I cut most of it off, there won't be so much weight pulling it down.

I have a stocking at the end of it, so catch any dust and shit.

Thank you
    TAT
    Sorry for delay Aspie , sometimes a pin hole/thin cracks in a duct can make a whistling noise check for that . GEt a propane torch and lighter and use that place unlit propane torch near intake in duct open full pin , then take lighter and check for the leak . No no just kidding dont use a torch LMFAO PMSL

Sometimes i need to punch holes in ducts to verify peoples furnaces and ventilation to check drafts and temperatures , and sometimes i foget to tape it up and people complain theres a whistle afterwards , Blocked intake can do it also , clean that sock off , and pass a vacuum lightly over your filter ..... lets eliminate one thing at a time .

Also , short radius bends can make noises also . i like to make bends and turns 4x pipe radius when possible .
    Last edited by Trex; 22-12-16 at 09:39 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Happy roken (24-12-16), M_C (22-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Sorry for delay Aspie , sometimes a pin hole/thin cracks in a duct can make a whistling noise check for that . GEt a propane torch and lighter and use that place unlit propane torch near intake in duct open full pin , then take lighter and check for the leak . No no just kidding dont use a torch LMFAO PMSL

Sometimes i need to punch holes in ducts to verify peoples furnaces and ventilation to check drafts and temperatures , and sometimes i foget to tape it up and people complain theres a whistle afterwards , Blocked intake can do it also , clean that sock off , and pass a vacuum lightly over your filter ..... lets eliminate one thing at a time .

Also , short radius bends can make noises also . i like to make bends and turns 4x pipe radius when possible .
    Hi mate,

No worries about the delay. We're all busy at times.

The ducting is good, hole wise. What I don't think is helping is the kink as it comes out from the fan. There's approximately 4 metres of acoustic ducting running from the fan to under my bed. If I cut off 4 metres off it, it will make it lighter and shouldn't bend as much. I haven't cut it off yet, as I was waiting to hear what others have to say about it.

Thank you
    TAT

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Trex (23-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Hi mate,

No worries about the delay. We're all busy at times.

The ducting is good, hole wise. What I don't think is helping is the kink as it comes out from the fan. There's approximately 4 metres of acoustic ducting running from the fan to under my bed. If I cut off 4 metres off it, it will make it lighter and shouldn't bend as much. I haven't cut it off yet, as I was waiting to hear what others have to say about it.

Thank you
    TAT

Ok , im more of a visual guy aspie , need pics hahaha , hard to troubleshoot with words on a screen lol, just do your best to have nice bends and turns , maybe you fan is too powerful for the size of tent , How many CFM is it rated for , and what are the dimensions of your tent in feet ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Ok , im more of a visual guy aspie , need pics hahaha , hard to troubleshoot with words on a screen lol, just do your best to have nice bends and turns , maybe you fan is too powerful for the size of tent , How many CFM is it rated for , and what are the dimensions of your tent in feet ?
    Hi mate,

I'm a visual guy myself. I've already posted photos and won't be taking more. It did my back in taking the last lot, as well as a lot of faffing around getting them online.

I am referring to the ducting as seen in the last photo that i posted (scroll up to see)

The ducting is coming out from the box/fan and drops shortly afterwards. It is approximately 4 metres in length. If I cut off most of it, there will be less weight to pull it down.

It's a 5" Rhino Pro
    I've no idea what CFM is or what the fan is rated at.
    The tent in cm is 60x60x140
    1.9685 feet by 1.9685 feet by 4.59318 feet

Thank you
    TAT

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8