Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: wtf is that on my leaf?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Fogponics View Post
    ph has been between 4.3 and 6.3 ( i know i drop it too low accidently sometimes but it comes back up in a day so i dont think this is the problem)
    It ain't gonna be doing you any favours....

It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (02-01-17), Blue (22-12-16), Dr Anonymous Green (22-12-16), Fogponics (24-12-16), ganja.lad (23-12-16), Trex (22-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    What kind of light ? How far away from plant is it ?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    its a 330w led advertised at 1200w 11" away from the leaves.
    ok i think i can make adjustments that will keep the temps at about 68 - 80f, not much i can do about the humidity but i've been told that shouldn't be an issue

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

ok i think i can make adjustments that will keep the temps at about 68 - 80f, not much i can do about the humidity but i've been told that shouldn't be an issue

Holy shit , bring that up to at least 18" i have 300w LED uses 100w and i have em 18" go up to 24" , 30" maybe with a 1200w man .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Fogponics (24-12-16)

Thanks

16% humidity is always going to be a problem ....whoever told you it wont be a issue is wrong ....way too low

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (02-01-17), Fogponics (24-12-16), ggotch (23-12-16), M_C (22-12-16), Trex (22-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Holy shit , bring that up to at least 18" i have 300w LED uses 100w and i have em 18" go up to 24" , 30" maybe with a 1200w man .
    my other plants are growing way too slow and look even worse
    https://i.imgur.com/9NEcIA7.jpg
    i had root rot before, my last plant died because the water was too hot, there was more light getting at the root chamber, and i wasn't using hydroguard. i changed the reservoir, bought a res cooler, added more light shielding, and added hydroguard for the new grow. The worst plant has some brown roots, which was in there for the longest before i added more light shielding. should i change the reservoir again?
    also, i have the thermometer at the leaves and as long as the temperature is below 90 i should put the light as close as possible shouldn't i?
    Last edited by Fogponics; 22-12-16 at 11:37 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

Trex (23-12-16)

Thanks

my other plants are growing way too slow and look even worse
    https://i.imgur.com/9NEcIA7.jpg
    i had root rot before, my last plant died because the water was too hot, there was more light getting at the root chamber, and i wasn't using hydroguard. i changed the reservoir, bought a res cooler, added more light shielding, and added hydroguard for the new grow. The worst plant has some brown roots, which was in there for the longest before i added more light shielding. should i change the reservoir again?
    also, i have the thermometer at the leaves and as long as the temperature is below 90 i should put the light as close as possible shouldn't i?
    Low humidity is going to slow growth quite a bit...seems like your getting some really bad info from somewhere...as far as light on the roots i know a old hippy guy who grows outdoors in big ziplock bags and i have never seen him grow a bad plant....roots right out in the sun...i know people say its bad but im inclined to disagree as i have seen it with my own 2 eyes

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirBudsAlot For This Useful Post:

Fogponics (24-12-16), Trex (23-12-16)

Thanks

ok i raised the light and opened the door and put a fogger in a bucket in the room to lower the temps and raise the humidity. humidity at 30% and rising. but the old growth looks worse today and this sux i did so much research and i cant figure out what is wrong

Thanks

thanks to ur guys help and a little more research, i think i figured out the problem.
    due to the combination of my low humidity, and low lights causing an increase in temperature and even lower humidity, my young plants were taking up a huge amount of solution through the roots.
    580ppm in a fogponic system is already way to high, especially for young plants, and they were taking up a ton of it because of the conditions. this caused nutrient burn in the leaves.
    i have scrapped the fogponic system for now, i will experiment with it again later when it is time to clone
    i have raised the lights, transferred the plants to nft, lowered the ppm to 240, added kelp and humic acid, and run a fogger in the room to raise the humidity. i think this will work much better. thanks guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2