Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is humic acid bad in hydroponics?

Thanks

Default Is humic acid bad in hydroponics?

I bought a powder mix of kelp and humic acid but a few people told me not to use it, some said that it would clog the pours in my roots. Is this true?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19), noodle (26-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

British green (26-12-16), GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

No its not bad but fulvic acid is better..

The Humic acid molecules are too big to be absorbed by the plant, while the Fulvic acid is a smaller size, allowing it to be taken up by the plant.
    The Humic acid works in your soil to break down soil particles, increasing aeration, increasing water retention, boosting microbial activity and repairing damage made by chemical fertilizers.
    The Fulvic acid works in the plant to increase the pore sizes of the root system, enabling the plant to take up more and larger nutrients that are available in the soil

So the fulvic helps the plant to up take the feed better..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy roken For This Useful Post:

Fogponics (26-12-16), GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

well this guy has me seriously worried he says humic will clog the pours in my roots! its already in the reservoir and has me thinking i should pour it all down the drain! also, the humic and kelp are mixed together, so i want to continue using the kelp, but maybe i cant because its mixed with the bad bad humic!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

guys name is redsiel, he has 5000 posts and 20,000 thanks! i cant find any other info on the internet about humic acid being bad in hydroponics though
    here is his post
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070502562

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

You have had two very knowledgeable people advising you that you shouldn't use it in hydro . So why use it . Or ask for advice if it's only ignored

merry Christmas from the north pole

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (26-12-16), Bethmeg (02-01-17), GEORGE (17-03-19), ggotch (27-12-16)

Thanks

because i have many knowledgeable people advising me that i SHOULD use use it
    the following article is posted all over the internet

By adding humic acid in hydroponic preparations, to the nutrient reservoir will increase the efficacy of the nutrients, making both micro and macro nutrients more readily available to the root zone. Humic acid’s high cation capacity serves as a chelator which helps plants better assimilate all the nutrients in the solution. The chelation process helps make and keep nutrients readily available to be used by plants as needed.

Also humic acid by is self will break down ammoniacal nitrogen

Environmental stresses can cause irreparable damage to plants; stunting or delaying growth, prohibiting flower production or even causing death. Free radical molecules result from stress such as high heat or temperature fluctuations, too high humidity, pesticide applications and nutrient deficiencies or toxicities.

The bio-stimulant activity of humic acid produces anti-oxidants that combat these free radicals making plants more resistant to these and other environmental stresses. Humic acid remains in the cells providing ongoing protection.

One of the organic compounds in humic acid is carbon which manufactures sugars in plants. Sugars are especially important during flowering as plants require an increased amount of carbohydrate to produce bud. The carbohydrate infusion delivered in humic acid will also organically enhance flavor, color and aroma of your buds.

Beneficial bacteria and fungi reproduction created in the presence of humic acid biologically increase plant growth. The microbial activity produced by these bacteria and fungi are excellent root simulators. Humic acid has also been shown to lower pH to a more neutral level helping with the availability of nutrients. All this translates into healthier, stronger more pest resistant plants.

Humic acid is an environmentally safe bio-stimulant that can be used throughout the entire growth cycle. The addition of humic acid black to a high quality nutrient regimen will result in superior quality bud production whether it is through soil or hydroponic cultivation.

Also Humic acid is a great defense to keep pathogens at bay the study done at the university of California and Mexico on avocado plants showed a decrease of sick plants in both controls by 43% vs the control that did not use it at all.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

So can these guys not give you the information you need about ratios and mixing or do you not trust there knowledge

merry Christmas from the north pole

16. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

no, i don't trust anyone. i am a research monster. i take in all the opinions i can, but more importantly, i look for people who can tell me why this and that are good and bad, the biology behind it. i cant find anyone else who corroborates with redsiel that humic acid clogs root pours. in fact i cant find any other post or article anywhere on the internet that says that humic acid is in any way inhibiting. all the articles only have good things to say about the use of humic acid in hydroponic systems. i will, however, be taking some of that advice and i will be adding fulvic acid to the regimen.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fogponics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19), noodle (26-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

If your talking water soluble powder Humic acid it will clog your roots!
    Peace
    Reds
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (26-12-16), British green (26-12-16), Fogponics (26-12-16), GEORGE (17-03-19), noodle (26-12-16)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast