Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to get the best taste and smell from your weed??

Thanks

yeh i think it was the drying curing part, I have the oldtimers bloom one now which a few people use here and told me i should use so it should be good enough. First grow using it tho! You dont even have to flush with that one do ya? i just fed water the last 5 feeds anyway but didnt go over what i usually watered.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (26-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), Solo Quin (26-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

No need for flush.
    It's your dry n cure.
    Feed till chop.
    Those packs are brown and are
    Squares.il pm ya

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

D90 (26-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), Solo Quin (26-01-17)

Thanks

aight mate cool, nice one

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17), Solo Quin (26-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,033 Times

Quote Originally Posted by D90 View Post
    I wanted to know what tricks and tips you have for getting the best smell and taste from your weed.. So far ive grown a few plants all of them have been autos and a couple have not tasted and smelt as good as i hoped. A few have been really nice though and i just want to know what went wrong with the others.

The one that smelt and tasted the best was the one i dried from hanging in my tent all the rest have been done in a box with small holes in..

Is it the way that you dry and cure that does it or are some strains especially autos just not as good? The best strains that ive had taste and smell from was my blackberry kush and girl scout cookies which was both made by fast buds.. Thats what makes me think it could just be the certain strains.
    Try hanging the whole plant, 20 degrees for 3 days then 18 degrees for the rest, takes me 10 days to hang dry.. the smell is amazing

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to locky_7 For This Useful Post:

D90 (26-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), Solo Quin (26-01-17)

Thanks

10 days damn, i cant really manipulate my temp right now so 19 will have to do throughout.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17), locky_7 (26-01-17), Solo Quin (26-01-17)

Thanks

Out of the bottled nutrients old timer has a good reputation would be OK each to their own and I respect that, it should be hung in a dark tent for 2 weeks till the branches snap then then cured in glass jars removing the lids a couple of times a day to release the condenced moisture a good week cure is ok 1 to 3 months if you can keep your hands off, oxygen and uv light degraded cannabis the jars should be sealed shut and kept in the dark.
    Last edited by Solo Quin; 26-01-17 at 08:17 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solo Quin For This Useful Post:

D90 (26-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17)

Thanks

how do d90. i am drying in the loft in uk so temps are low at the moment. im hanging for about 2 weeks and then in the jars but its still not snap dry on the twigs. i just open the jars more often. been looking at them humidity packs. will be buying some soon

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to menowhere For This Useful Post:

D90 (26-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), locky_7 (26-01-17)

Thanks

damn they're not snapping after 2 weeks? I definitely cant see mine going that long lol. Yeah im definitely going to get them humidity packs because my last couple bits dried up way too much while they was in the jars.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Quote Originally Posted by D90 View Post
    I dont wait till they snap to jar tho because that makes them too dry. I usually time it just before it gets to that point.
    That could be your main issue there, the bud should be dry & the stems should snap clean before it goes in jars.
    The buds may seem dry when the stems snap, but there will be some moisture left in the centre of the buds, this will spread to the outside of the bud as the curing process starts, that where the smell & taste come from. If it goes in before it's time, you will start to get a kind of Hay smell, this is the drying process trying to kick in again.

For drying, you want to aim for temps to be around the 21°c mark & Relative Humidity to be between 45 - 55%, it should take anywhere from 5-6 days to sometimes 8-10 days, that's when it goes in jars to start curing.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

D90 (27-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17), Solo Quin (26-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,557 Times

I dried mine on a drying rack in the bathroom with temps at 19 and Rh at 60 for 3 days. Jarred it overnight then back on the racks for another day as the buds felt moist again and Rh had jumped to 85+. After another days drying it all went into jars again as buds felt dry again but no snapping stems yet. Jars burped for half hour at a time every 5-6 hours as Rh was still hitting 75rh.
    I'm about 2.5 weeks from I chopped now and stems are only beginning to snap now and I can leave jars all day and Rh is stable in all jars between 65-68.
    I'm burping once a day now for 15 mins and the buds are looking and smelling amazing

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheHottDawg For This Useful Post:

D90 (27-01-17), GEORGE (26-01-17)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast