Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First conviction in Camden Town bong ban 'sets precedent' for more police raids

Thanks

Default First conviction in Camden Town bong ban 'sets precedent' for more police raids

POLICE have vowed to push on with an operation to make Camden Town a bong-free zone after a shopkeeper was convicted yesterday (Wednesday) of selling thousands of items of drug paraphernalia.

Ramalar Munjal pleaded guilty to supplying items, including glass bongs and king-size Rizla papers, that he admitted could be used to smoke cannabis, from a souvenir stall in Camden High Street. The 55-year-old also pleaded guilty to a second count of supplying scales, grinders and “self-seal snap bags”, that he admitted could be used to prepare cannabis for use.

The conviction at Highbury Magistrates’ Court is the first since police announced a crackdown on what has been a long-standing trade in Camden High Street.
    Never in all of my days have I heard of someone being charges for possession or sale of bongs, papers etc in this country.

Which makes this a little troubling:

Bongs, pipes and smoking papers have been on sale in NW1 for decades, but in October members of the local police Safer Neighbourhood Team warned that they were to begin enforcing a little-known section of the Misuse of Drug Acts, which makes it an offence to sell anything that you know will be used to “prepare a controlled drug for administration”
    Source: camdennewjournal (dot) com/bong-ban-conviction

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parsnip For This Useful Post:

British green (03-02-17), ggotch (04-02-17), joker_the_smoker (03-02-17), M_C (04-02-17), reganlives (04-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

links to news & journals are all good bro. nice one on article madness that lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (03-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

The police would need evidence of those items being used. They can't just raid on assumption. Heck if that was the case then they should be raiding every smoke shop in the country. Some people like smoking flavoured tobacco in bongs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

Karsa (12-10-17), Parsnip (03-02-17)

Thanks

links to news & journals are all good bro. nice one on article madness that lol
    Good to know However I'm under the 10 post limit so can't post links atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Terajuana View Post
    The police would need evidence of those items being used. They can't just raid on assumption. Heck if that was the case then they should be raiding every smoke shop in the country. Some people like smoking flavoured tobacco in bongs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    That's my thoughts, if they do have a 'clampdown' I'm sure with a half decent lawyer they could put this whole operation into question.

Thanks

Whilst the rest of the world is starting to take a sensible and fact based approach to cannabis, what does the UK do?!?!?!?!? Make bloody bongs illegal

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrthccbd For This Useful Post:

M_C (12-10-17), Parsnip (08-02-17), WF420 (22-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

he admitted could be used to smoke cannabis,

thats the only way he got done,and i bet there was more to it.my legals would rip them to pieces.

wonder if they(dibble) have spoons in their office canteens?..spoons, theyd have to admit, can be used to use heroin perhaps..dibble storing drugs paraphanalia(?)
    Last edited by ggotch; 04-02-17 at 08:47 PM. Reason: typing ablty going dowhuill fast

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

i spy (12-10-17), M_C (04-02-17), Parsnip (08-02-17), Type M (13-02-17), Volcano (17-02-17)

Thanks

King sized rizla are brought by tokers

Thanks

but selling seeds is legal in uk?

Thanks

Just saying, I've been going into Camden Town occasionally for the past 10 years, and I would tell everyone to not buy their smoking equipment from the shops in Camden High St.
    The grinders fall apart and are often knockoffs of other brands, and the bongs weren't of great quality either.

I honestly hope it's not coming across like I'm hating, but I'm just saying I hope they don't go into legit headshops and do this, however as for Camden Town their smoke shops have been tourist traps since day 1. Just speaking from years of being ripped off, unfortunately.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillSmith For This Useful Post:

Karsa (12-10-17), Trex (27-09-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

So all vacuum sealed apparatus like lunch boxes, mason jars etc are also illegal then? As they can also be used. Remove king skins we will use small skins on lplates foil buckets, apple bongs. Fucking morons... Well played UK..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast