Thread: Biggest ever cannabis factory found in Wiltshire village

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Default Biggest ever cannabis factory found in Wiltshire village

What could be the UK's biggest ever cannabis factory has been discovered in a disused nuclear bunker in south Wiltshire.

Officers from Wiltshire Police arrested six people following last night's midnight raid (22nd Feb) at RGHQ Chilmark.

Although the site's no longer owned by the Ministry of Defence, the bunker is still intact and the nuclear blast doors are still in place

Officers attended the site late last night after gathering intelligence. They knew that the bunker was almost completely impenetrable, so officers waited outside until three people came out and immediately detained them, using their keys to gain entry.

Once inside, officers found three people, believed to be operating as gardeners, along with several thousand cannabis plants at various stages of growth.

SIX ARRESTED:

The three males found inside the bunker, aged 15, 19, and 37, all of no fixed abode, were arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and taken to Melksham custody.

The three males detained outside of the bunker, aged 27, 30 and 45, all from Somerset, were arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and human trafficking offences.

Detective Inspector Paul Franklin, of the Dedicated Crime Team, said:

"There are approximately 20 rooms in the building, split over two floors, each 200ft long and 70 ft wide. Almost every single room had been converted for the wholesale production of cannabis plants, and there was a large amount of evidence of previous crops. This was an enormous set up."

"At this early stage of the investigation it is almost impossible to work out how many plants are inside, but we are talking thousands rather than hundreds and we would estimate the value of the crop at over £1 million. I am convinced it is one of the largest crops ever discovered in Wiltshire.

"The actions of officers last night took a large amount of planning and teamwork, and I am very pleased that it has been so successful. This is the largest and most sophisticated cannabis factory I've ever experienced and I am delighted that we have been able to take such a large amount of illicit drugs off the streets of Wiltshire before they are able to reach vulnerable people within our communities."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Glynne (24-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,704 Times

Wow 😳 that's a big supply chain broken init 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WADDIS For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (22-03-17), Glynne (24-02-17)

Thanks

Madness i saw this one other day found it jokes http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3470861.html
    man tried to bust out with a bag!!!!!!
    "I always tell the truth, even when I lie."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ganja_Montana For This Useful Post:

Glynne (24-02-17), WADDIS (24-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post
    What could be the UK's biggest ever cannabis factory has been discovered in a disused nuclear bunker in south Wiltshire.

Officers from Wiltshire Police arrested six people following last night's midnight raid (22nd Feb) at RGHQ Chilmark.

Although the site's no longer owned by the Ministry of Defence, the bunker is still intact and the nuclear blast doors are still in place

Officers attended the site late last night after gathering intelligence. They knew that the bunker was almost completely impenetrable, so officers waited outside until three people came out and immediately detained them, using their keys to gain entry.

Once inside, officers found three people, believed to be operating as gardeners, along with several thousand cannabis plants at various stages of growth.

SIX ARRESTED:

The three males found inside the bunker, aged 15, 19, and 37, all of no fixed abode, were arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and taken to Melksham custody.

The three males detained outside of the bunker, aged 27, 30 and 45, all from Somerset, were arrested on suspicion of cannabis production and human trafficking offences.

Detective Inspector Paul Franklin, of the Dedicated Crime Team, said:

"There are approximately 20 rooms in the building, split over two floors, each 200ft long and 70 ft wide. Almost every single room had been converted for the wholesale production of cannabis plants, and there was a large amount of evidence of previous crops. This was an enormous set up."

"At this early stage of the investigation it is almost impossible to work out how many plants are inside, but we are talking thousands rather than hundreds and we would estimate the value of the crop at over £1 million. I am convinced it is one of the largest crops ever discovered in Wiltshire.

"The actions of officers last night took a large amount of planning and teamwork, and I am very pleased that it has been so successful. This is the largest and most sophisticated cannabis factory I've ever experienced and I am delighted that we have been able to take such a large amount of illicit drugs off the streets of Wiltshire before they are able to reach vulnerable people within our communities."

Good... keeps the heat off us perccy growers...🖒.
    If the lads caught inside were being kept against their will then im glad they are now free...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

WADDIS (24-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

Sounds like a failure to deal with the smell was a major factor. Armatures with ideas above their station. Human Traffickers too by the look of it. Serves them right. Fuck em.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

Glynne (02-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,704 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ganja_Montana View Post
    Madness i saw this one other day found it jokes http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3470861.html
    man tried to bust out with a bag!!!!!!
    Haha that's amazing, so wish that copper fell over when he was backing off into that wall 🙏🏻😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WADDIS For This Useful Post:

Ganja_Montana (24-02-17), Glynne (02-03-17)

Thanks

Bet it smelt beautiful in there

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Volcano For This Useful Post:

Glynne (02-03-17)

Thanks

That guy walking out with the bag is funny as!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ind For This Useful Post:

Glynne (22-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Idiots!!!!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Glynne (22-03-17), Master Yoda (22-03-17)

Thanks

I saw this on the news a few weeks back. Proper cheeky feckers. It was only a matter of time before they got busted.

Peace

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Master Yoda For This Useful Post:

Glynne (22-03-17)