Thread: How Did We Come to This?

Thanks

Default How Did We Come to This?

Sorry if it's been posted here before, but still a great read on Cannabis politics and culture, at least from the U.S. perspective:

The Emperor Wears No Clothes

Seems like a predominantly British clientele here, so I'm curious to learn if hemp repression evolved along similar lines in the UK? Any corollaries or uniquely U.K. aspects to the saga?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acewiza For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (27-02-17), Glynne (02-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acewiza View Post
    Sorry if it's been posted here before, but still a great read on Cannabis politics and culture, at least from the U.S. perspective:

The Emperor Wears No Clothes

Seems like a predominantly British clientele here, so I'm curious to learn if hemp repression evolved along similar lines in the UK? Any corollaries or uniquely U.K. aspects to the saga?
    There was multiple reasons for them to ban it, first is the cotton industry england used to have mills all over and my hone town was the largest producer in the world at the time i think anyways. Other reasons is alchol and tobacco industys aswell as pharma industrys

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (27-02-17), Glynne (02-03-17)

Thanks

What in the world would we ever do without greedy businessmen?

The Brits seem to be right on top of that enterprise in the Cannabis aspect to this day:

British drug manufacturer GW Pharma and its American subsidiary, Greenwich BioSciences, have responded to Leafly’s report last week about the company’s attempts to move proprietary cannabidiol (CBD) bills through at least two state legislatures.
    GW Pharma is Moving CBD Bills on the Down Low

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acewiza For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (27-02-17), Glynne (02-03-17), mrnice586 (25-02-17)

Thanks

The irony is british sugar is growing weed for gw pharma. Then they say in parliment no you cant grow your own because its harmfull!!! But yet big buissness can mess with it "staviex" and then sell it on for unreasonable prices like that makes any sence atall.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (27-02-17), Glynne (25-02-17), M_C (25-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mrnice586 View Post
    The irony is british sugar is growing weed for gw pharma. Then they say in parliment no you cant grow your own because its harmfull!!! But yet big buissness can mess with it "staviex" and then sell it on for unreasonable prices like that makes any sence atall.

We have been growing weed for years and years in the UK . I worked a good few years ago at the sittingbourne research center and worked on five big greenhouses for the production of savitex for pharmaceutical companies ( which happen to rule the world ) British sugar are only really experimenting at the moment but have spent thousands on getting there hydro tomato gardens growing using the spare heat and carbon dioxide that comes from the production of sugar . There are also a few farmers growing outside crops with a gov license .

sent from mission control

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (27-02-17), Glynne (02-03-17), mrnice586 (25-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    We have been growing weed for years and years in the UK . I worked a good few years ago at the sittingbourne research center and worked on five big greenhouses for the production of savitex for pharmaceutical companies ( which happen to rule the world ) British sugar are only really experimenting at the moment but have spent thousands on getting there hydro tomato gardens growing using the spare heat and carbon dioxide that comes from the production of sugar . There are also a few farmers growing outside crops with a gov license .

I hope you got a few cuts

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

British green (26-02-17), Catch_E_Monkey (27-02-17), Glynne (02-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mrnice586 View Post
    I hope you got a few cuts

They are always medical strains with very little thc and I think they could do with joining the forum as a journal can give you a yield increase

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (27-02-17), Glynne (02-03-17), mrnice586 (01-03-17)

Thanks

I'm expecting the UK to actually get tighter on weed in the future. It was Theresa May who (according to Nick Clegg) tried to have various sentences removed from a report on cannabis. They were scientifically accurate, but she personally didn't like them. Not only that, she is now in a position to tighten the law and happens to be married to a major shareholder in G4S who obviously have massive interests in the prison system.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ragnbone For This Useful Post:

Glynne (02-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ragnbone View Post
    I'm expecting the UK to actually get tighter on weed in the future.
    We have the Trump dude here attempting to orchestrate big business collusion at the highest levels once again now as well. Of course we can expect renewed assaults on our personal freedoms and general well-being from the business and government communities. I think I'll start calling it "the Govness," because it seems the lines between business and government have blurred so badly they should now be considered one and the same. Unfortunately for them, Cannabis represents what I view as a good example of the genie being out of the bottle. They've already lost. It's just a question of how much more damage gets done before it's finally over and they are forced to look for some other commodity to exploit.
    Last edited by acewiza; 26-03-17 at 06:33 PM.