Thread: Bagseed - Extending Flowering Time

Thanks

Default Bagseed - Extending Flowering Time

I am currently on my first grow and I am using unknown bag seed. I know that flowering time typically ranges from 8-10+ weeks but not knowing my genetics I was unable to anticipate how long the whole process would take. I have two different strains from bag seed and the buds on plant A are much more developed than plant B. They were both germinated and switched to flowering at the same time so it's my assumption that I just need to extend the flowering time for plant B. I am currently using the nutrient schedule attached and it states to repeat week 8 for a longer flowering stage but I am on week 10 so I was wondering if I should just repeat week 10 nutrients or I should go back and repeat week 8 and then proceed to 9, 10, and so on? Any thoughts would be super helpful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Recirculating-Nutrient-Schedule-custom.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	341561  

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Hi mate you'll want to carry on the week 10 schedule till you start to flush them. If your already on week 10 then they should be ready for that soon. You can check the trichs with a loupe or something similar and check how their are looking cloudy/clear/Amber and start the flush when you are happy with the mix. You can flush them both at the same time if they both look done you will just end up with possibly a different stone off each plant depending on the amber levels. Nice to have a variety.
    Check out these threads
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...f-Harvest-Time
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Curing-guide

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

Too small for me to read that image fella.

Need to know more about your grow too. Medium (Soil,Coco,Hydro), lighting, temps, humidity, Ph, most importantly, feed brand(including a bigger image of your schedule), EC and Photos of the two plants. It could be anything from simply having one indica and one sativa(or simple strain habits) or it could be down to one of the strains being more sensitive to feeding or environmental factors at play. Without all the information you probably won't get an accurate answer to your problems.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    Hi mate you'll want to carry on the week 10 schedule till you start to flush them. If your already on week 10 then they should be ready for that soon. You can check the trichs with a loupe or something similar and check how their are looking cloudy/clear/Amber and start the flush when you are happy with the mix. You can flush them both at the same time if they both look done you will just end up with possibly a different stone off each plant depending on the amber levels. Nice to have a variety.
    Check out these threads
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...f-Harvest-Time
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Curing-guide
    If one is a Sativa it could need up to another 4 weeks though couldn't it?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (03-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Could do mate , could be two completely opposite strains but checking with the loupe will tell u where the plants at if their worlds apart then he will have to be the judge on wether to flush them both or carry one on longer than the other. Like u say more info would be needed to make that call.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (03-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    Could do mate , could be two completely opposite strains but checking with the loupe will tell u where the plants at if their worlds apart then he will have to be the judge on wether to flush them both or carry one on longer than the other. Like u say more info would be needed to make that call.
    Loop's the way like. He may have to set up a separate drying area and keep one flowering.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (03-03-17)

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sincitygrower For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (03-03-17), Ginger-bud (03-03-17)

Thanks

It's DWC with 2 300W LED's, temp is mid 70's, PH 5.8-6.2, 40% humidity, and i'm using GH 3 part series. The plants are sleeping right now so I can re-post with pics tomorrow. I was just looking for a general assumption. I've been checking the trichomes and plant A has a very few amber ones while plant B has none, looks mostly clear.

If plant B is a sativa, should I just run week 10 nutes until ready to flush & harvest?

I'm unable to post the link (not enough posts). It's the GrowWeedEasy - Flora Series feeding chart for recirculating systems

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sincitygrower For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (03-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sincitygrower View Post
    It's DWC with 2 300W LED's, temp is mid 70's, PH 5.8-6.2, 40% humidity, and i'm using GH 3 part series. The plants are sleeping right now so I can re-post with pics tomorrow. I was just looking for a general assumption. I've been checking the trichomes and plant A has a very few amber ones while plant B has none, looks mostly clear.

If plant B is a sativa, should I just run week 10 nutes until ready to flush & harvest?

I'm unable to post the link (not enough posts). It's the GrowWeedEasy - Flora Series feeding chart for recirculating systems
    You can't post links anyway fella. Against site rules. If one is Sativa the experienced growers on here will be able to tell you from the photo when you get them off. Regardless you may want to start thinking about a separate drying area with ventilation while you finish the other plant. If you have a tent you'll be able to passive vent it using a large cardboard box with some venting hose and some thick black ladies tights.