Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: does scrog weaken strenth of smoke

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

What about those that argue that increase stressed late in flower increases THC percentage?

These two statements are then contradictory...

Just shows that everything is subjective

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stirl_420_SA For This Useful Post:

jake420 (31-10-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stirl_420_SA View Post
    What about those that argue that increase stressed late in flower increases THC percentage?

These two statements are then contradictory...

Just shows that everything is subjective

I was yarning with a kiwi fruit farmer in New Zealand one day. They actually spray a very mild dose of weed killer over the crop at flower time. Not enough to kill the vines, just enough to stress the bejesus outta them and force more flower production. Think about that next time you eat a kiwi fruit lol. Any one mad enough to try this?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

jake420 (31-10-17), Karsa (31-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

I've seen whacko techniques like 'stem splitting' or supercropped a week or two before harvest to properly stress them out.

I assume it would be too late for stress to cause them to Hermie but whether or not this increases THC and resin production I don't know.

Damn Kiwi's. An exoerienced farmer knows best so definitely plausible!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stirl_420_SA For This Useful Post:

jake420 (31-10-17), Trex (31-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Some serious reading needs to be done here people,
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

FACE (31-10-17), jake420 (31-10-17), Karsa (31-10-17), Trex (31-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Default does scrog weaken strenth of smoke

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    I wonder how they grow weed when entering into thc strength competitions?

I'd like to bet they don't top.

Strength increase might be minimal but I would say that the bud from a single central cola would be of a higher quality. Just only very slightly.

Tip no is still well worth while though and I do it every grow. I'd rather a 30% + increase in yield than a 0.5% increase in thc content.

Still if you were to argue it scientifically I would say that an untopped plant would produce better bud on the middle cola. Just seems like you'd expect as much as that's how nature intended it.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    What a load of guff
    Honestly mate a dint no where u get it from
    Whether plant is topped of grown. Without topped
    Does not determine the strength n thc content
    Environment plant health n genetics will do this along with experience
    And as for ones winning highest thc content check out jungle boys grows. All cuttings begged to bout 12 inch then stripped back to top nodes then flowered
    So it’s none of this no topping all from seed stuff it’s down to there perfect environment proper feeding

Trays of cuttings all close together flowered to achieve this by jungle boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

ggotch (24-09-18), jake420 (31-10-17), redisiel (31-10-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Some serious reading needs to be done here people,
    Redz
    Personally apart from my earlier post on hormone translocation Redz when you top stems and nodes bulk up as well and you get a more consistency in diametre of stems. Bigger stems and nodes equals more nutrient uptake and greater hormone production so it's a no brainer for me but cant see every one agreeing on this subject lol.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

jake420 (05-11-17), Karsa (31-10-17), redisiel (31-10-17), Tokingtoker (09-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Personally apart from my earlier post on hormone translocation Redz when you top stems and nodes bulk up as well and you get a more consistency in diametre of stems. Bigger stems and nodes equals more nutrient uptake and greater hormone production so it's a no brainer for me but cant see every one agreeing on this subject lol.
    Facts are facts bro weather they agree or not lol, like I say some simple reading the right books instead of nutrient charts and pk boosters there’s a lot to learn, these plants get fucked all over the place in the wild, branches snapping from birds etc and im sure that don’t stop any growth. As for resin production again simple reading, trichones are there to protect a plant and collect pollen and shit so again by triggering the plants immune system will obviously help among other things.
    Blessings
    Redz

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

jake420 (05-11-17), Karsa (31-10-17), Tokingtoker (09-01-18), Trex (31-10-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Facts are facts bro weather they agree or not lol, like I say some simple reading the right books instead of nutrient charts and pk boosters there’s a lot to learn, these plants get fucked all over the place in the wild, branches snapping from birds etc and im sure that don’t stop any growth. As for resin production again simple reading, trichones are there to protect a plant and collect pollen and shit so again by triggering the plants immune system will obviously help among other things.
    Blessings
    Redz
    Lol i think your agreeing with me. TBF though cultivated plants are nearly always of better quality than wild . Smoked plenty of wild weed in asia and its not as strong or resinous. In saying that we often graft onto wild root stocks cause they tend to be hardier.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

jake420 (05-11-17), Karsa (31-10-17), redisiel (31-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Lol i think your agreeing with me. TBF though cultivated plants are nearly always of better quality than wild . Smoked plenty of wild weed in asia and its not as strong or resinous. In saying that we often graft onto wild root stocks cause they tend to be hardier.
    100% mate goes without saying on the cultivated brother.
    I’m just saying if you cut a bit off it’s forgotten and the rest gets it share fair enough a top higher than others might not get as much but that’s where the even canopy cones in.
    I ain’t smoked Wild weed lol but I sure smokes some brick shit in the past pmsl
    Redz

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

jake420 (05-11-17), Trex (31-10-17)

Thanks

When it comes to plants, growth hormone has been shown in various studies to not be DIMINISHED in topping but SPREAD. This allows for increased hormone circulation in SCROG as the plant grows more horizontal. A simple physiological adaptation we humans don’t see (except for the increase I bud sites). This way, THC is more SPREAD to more buds rather than one fat Kola. For SCROG, I don’t think there’s any point in HST stressing your plant unless it’s purpose is to expose more of these bud sites. Topping is recommended for SCROG to further spread growth hormone and create more quality bud sites, as opposed to one super high quality bud site. In my own experience indoor, I will always top and SCROG to increase a more well rounded, quality end product for almost every bud produced, removing the bud sites that don’t make it to the net. However, I do not believe in defoliating, rather I zip tie and tuck large fan leaves. Why remove the main light consumers of the plant, absorbing the most photons? Everyone is different, but knowledge of wise research folks out there (God bless’em) stands true to my own experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My current grow, Oregon vs Cali Diesel’s: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...29-Redwood-Co2

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DET—PDX For This Useful Post:

Gaz (21-09-18)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4