Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: screen material any good

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,418 Times

600w hps duel spectrum BA and i was worried incase the plastic got to hot as its kicking out at 28 degrees just know and only getting hotter need 6"fan as only have a 5" one just now i thought getting a parabolic would have lowered it but the weather just now is hotter than usual as i was sitting at 22-24 with coolhood but think it was to small for my tent
    J

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (16-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Mate don't use the green hemp like garden string whatever you do. It is full of chemicals and due to its texture will get inside of your bud and wreck your smoke. The nylon stuf could be ok.
    thanks again toblue didn't know that either ffs i dont know much only started last year mucca lol ah well always learning thanks for that shout bud
    J

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Have a look in my diary below mate I just used a ball of string and a few packs of eyes and weaved it myself should be able to cut it all out at chop time. Don't laugh at my scrog attempt it looked ok before I flipped them haha might help a bit

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (16-03-17), Glynne (16-03-17), jake420 (16-03-17), JB (17-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    Have a look in my diary below mate I just used a ball of string and a few packs of eyes and weaved it myself should be able to cut it all out at chop time. Don't laugh at my scrog attempt it looked ok before I flipped them haha might help a bit
    hi ginger just had a gander looks well nice bud
    i was thinking screws, would they work? and i will go round a get a ball of string tomorrow mucca thanks again
    J

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (16-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Screws will be fine mate. Make sure you put a knot in every 3rd run and then if you need to cut it come harvest it won't all unravel. Make sure you have an over opposite an under when you weave your net if you get my drift.

Don't even attempt to put your pots on top of the orange net.

All the best mate.

Blue
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

jake420 (16-03-17), JB (17-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Screws will be fine mate. Make sure you put a knot in every 3rd run and then if you need to cut it come harvest it won't all unravel. Make sure you have an over opposite an under when you weave your net if you get my drift.

Don't even attempt to put your pots on top of the orange net.

All the best mate.

Blue
    hi toblue why not put the pots on that bud?
    yes i know what you mean about weaving but the knots thanks for that one bud
    J

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

toblue (17-03-17)

Thanks

I just think it will be too wobbly. It would be easier just to run a couple of lengths of 2x2 across, just less than the width of your pot and sit them on that.

I have only done the short side of my screen so far. I just cut a small piece of timber 2.5" for marking out then put the screws in at a very slight angle and made sure all of the screw thread was in the timber so the string runs smooth. I have knotted my string about every foot or so (not every 3rd one like I mentioned earlier). I have started each new run with a quick release knot incase the string stretches so I can just tighten it. If you are going to use thinner or not so strong string then Vine Eyes might be your best bet as Ginger has mentioned. I paid £18 for two rolls of Polypropylene Baler Twine (not the old fashioned sisal) from a farm store (enough to last me two life times). Its really strong with no stretch so you can get it real tight. I had toyed with the idea of not putting any knots in then just going around the screws and incorporating a bungie cord or exersise band at each end to keep it taught, but thought the lights might degrade the rubber and to be truthfull the baler twine is so strong with zero stretch it can be pulled real tight. I wouldn't use the braided nylon cord as although it is strong it would stretch and it won't be cheap.

I know some people use the plastic 2" garden netting but I have read string is easier to work with, time will tell.
    Last edited by toblue; 17-03-17 at 06:50 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

jake420 (17-03-17)

Thanks

toblue got a set of wheels and took myself to wickes and got this plz tell me this is ok mucca as starting to run outa money lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	342436
    J

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (17-03-17)

Thanks

I'm no expert mate but looks like the job to me. I know loads of people use it and it saves a load of work messing on with string.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

jake420 (21-03-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2