Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: When is to much electricity?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

I have read of people and seen on the news about getting busted for loads of elect, but it was only when the people was stealing it from another sores. Never heard of a bust for over elect bill if was paid on time. JMO

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (20-03-17), ggotch (10-04-17), Glynne (20-03-17), joker_the_smoker (20-03-17), M_C (21-03-17), redisiel (20-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Boys boys boys, look lets put this in perspective right. If you havn't paid a bill for ages then yes high usage will flag. If you have paid it will still flag. Its what they do with that flg tho. Pay the bill no policey, dont pay they get pissy and act out i.e cops.

My heating is on 24/7 pretty much aswell as extra heaters, tumble dryer all time.

the heating alone is 8,000 watts tumble dryer is on more than off, 3000 watts, computer on all time, 600 watts, my grow 18 hrs a day 1,200 watss at full tilt. Its whatever you make the norm, if you have high usage all year round then it aint really gonna flag. Its when it goes from 3-4 quid a week to 100 quid a week that leccy comp will wonder. but pay the fuckers and they call the boys off. You leccy theifs out there getting us 3/4 legit growers a bad name. grrrrr pay yer fackin bills lol.

Mate no one gives a fuck anymore where i live, boiler engineer was telling me bout his grow other day, not that i told him anything loike....God even me nan's on the goods. Its a plant not a gun
    Totally agree... was kinda what i wanted to say but im rubbish at explaining myself.... im gonna talk to my mates mate that works for SSE and see what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I have read of people and seen on the news about getting busted for loads of elect, but it was only when the people was stealing it from another sores. Never heard of a bust for over elect bill if was paid on time. JMO
    Nicely put.... the leccy companys are out to make money... dont steal from them and pay your bills, no probs. 🖒🖒

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (20-03-17), GEORGE (20-03-17), joker_the_smoker (20-03-17), redisiel (20-03-17), SmobyToker#1 (20-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,597 Times

Without a direct statement from the electric companies themselves we'll never know and can only speculate.
    But imho it's got to be incredibly easy to see that someone is running a grow just based on the power consumption and number of hours that usage peaks at daily. I mean really, 18/6 and 12/12 must stick out like a sore thumb, especially when you don't run a heater during lights off.

Do they care though?.. I really really doubt it seeing as we're paying for their bonuses each year.
    Us growers plough mega bucks into our grows and into that goes into their pockets like clockwork. If you were them, would you want us to stop?..

Sent From The Monkeys Dome

Odour Control!!!

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
    Bruce Lee

Be Excellent To Each Other, and Party On Dudes!
    Bill S. Preston, Esq

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Catch_E_Monkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-03-17), Glynne (20-03-17), joker_the_smoker (20-03-17), redisiel (20-03-17), SmobyToker#1 (20-03-17), Timbo287 (20-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

as long as you pay the bill they dont give a toss.
    I used to run over 4K without a knock on the door, no worries, crack on!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (21-03-17), GEORGE (20-03-17), Glynne (20-03-17), redisiel (20-03-17), SmobyToker#1 (20-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

Believe these smart meters can tell when your 18/6,12/12,...how eck re you gonna blag its your first grow..poca will have a field day,,lol.
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-03-17), Glynne (20-03-17), M_C (21-03-17), redisiel (21-03-17), SmobyToker#1 (20-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Believe these smart meters can tell when your 18/6,12/12,...how eck re you gonna blag its your first grow..poca will have a field day,,lol.
    More people will start growing using the gas lantern method.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-03-17), Glynne (20-03-17), redisiel (21-03-17), skippy (21-03-17), SmobyToker#1 (20-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks

I can't comment on as to why this guy needs so many lights for so little plants but....

the reason I started growing was to stop paying top dollar for shit weed from kids in shell suits and air max 90s! It just so happened I really enjoy the whole growing process. Considering I grow to smoke and not for profit I can quite easily harvest enough from 2 600 watt lights to tie me over until the next harvest. My electricity bill isn't that much higher than it used to be and I pay on time as I always have with no problems.

As far as the question "when does too much electricity usage become suspicious?" Does it ever get to that point? Reason being Every time I hear about someone using more lights they have always been cash croppers who always jump the electric meter anyway.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hanny098 For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (21-03-17), GEORGE (20-03-17), Glynne (20-03-17), potanist01 (20-03-17), redisiel (21-03-17), SmobyToker#1 (20-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hanny098 View Post
    I can't comment on as to why this guy needs so many lights for so little plants but....

the reason I started growing was to stop paying top dollar for shit weed from kids in shell suits and air max 90s! It just so happened I really enjoy the whole growing process. Considering I grow to smoke and not for profit I can quite easily harvest enough from 2 600 watt lights to tie me over until the next harvest. My electricity bill isn't that much higher than it used to be and I pay on time as I always have with no problems.

As far as the question "when does too much electricity usage become suspicious?" Does it ever get to that point? Reason being Every time I hear about someone using more lights they have always been cash croppers who always jump the electric meter anyway.
    Hmmmm yes Hanny my thoughts too but without saying them.....Op you a cash cropper, if so then peeps are gonna get pissy trust. 9 lights is commercial in my view soz
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-03-17), Glynne (20-03-17), M_C (21-03-17), redisiel (21-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

So... from my mates mate who works in the fraud department for SSE said... verbatim "if you pay your bill, it doesnt matter how much you use, if SSE gets your £ then no probs .... but... going from a normal usage (even if the KWH's is an average amount but hugely different from a previous Tennant/owner), and they feel that you might be stealing electric.... (they have flow meters on ALL external power cables exept the ones coming directly into your house (thats what private house meters are for), then they might investigate... 9 x 600W will deffo spike their suspision if u dont pay them for your usage...BUT pay your bills and they will not have a problem and it goes no further.... it might be filed but if you pay your bills, why would they need to look at the file?
    SSE's objective is to get payed for the services rendered (power consumed) if you have a huge difference in electrical pull between say midday and midnight (12hrs) then they will flag an unusual usage....but this is only within the company.... if you dont pay what you owe, thats when they look into bringing a conviction for unpaid electicity services, which then brings the attention of the piggies..(or extraction of electric, which is what its called in a criminal sense), will also bring attention of our favourite (not) ppl.
    Now... i can only comment on SSE as ive heard it from the horses mouth, other leccy companies might be different but im with SSE and i like havin a voice from the inside....
    Hope this helps a little.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (21-03-17), GEORGE (20-03-17), redisiel (21-03-17), SmobyToker#1 (21-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

9 X 600 watt lights is commercial. Nobody needs 5400watts of light for personal. That's two thousand pound plus a quarter for the bill I think.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-03-17), Glynne (20-03-17), M_C (21-03-17), redisiel (21-03-17), SmobyToker#1 (21-03-17), Trex (23-03-17)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast