Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Severe Withdrawal After 2 Months Of Daily Use

Thanks

Default Severe Withdrawal After 2 Months Of Daily Use

Ok, I do not know if the stuff I have been smoking was laced but on day 1 of no cannabis I had a seizure (a fit) and had completely biten my tongue all open. We know that withdrawal causes night sweats and when I woke up my whole bed was drenched in sweat but where is the evidence of it causing seizures?!

I had this years ago after stopping after 5 years of daily use, but I simply put that down to the extreme, abrupt discontinuation, however I did not feel as sick as I do now after stopping just after 2 months of daily use. I had a seizure when I last stopped and I was back to normal within days, just depressed.

This time tho I have only been daily smoking for 2 months, I had no cannabis on 28/03/2017 and had the seizure in the early hours of the morning on 29/03/2017. Also woke up with my whole bed drenched in sweat. I have been since stopping, feeling as if I am honestly going to die, I would not wish how I have felt PHYSICALLY to anyone (there actually has not been a lot of psychological withdrawal except insane panic attacks and mood swings which change every hour).

So, I just had to report my experience ok, to be having seizures from cannabis withdrawal?! I feel the worst I have ever done in my whole life, except a shed load of my social anxiety has disappeared, I actually feel happy a lot of the time and this time I swear to you I am experiencing physical withdrawal rather than psychological which is the way cannabis is supposed to be, not physically addictive at all.

Again we all know that withdrawal causes night sweats, but I had that seizure and also my legs and back are extremely painful since stopping, and again I just had to report this as I would not wish this on anyone.

Please feel free to add any of your thoughts, opinions etc etc guys.

I am currently on day 3 of no cannabis, my breathing is better but the sweating is out of this world.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

If I go without cannabis it never really bothers me....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (06-04-17), ganja.lad (23-04-17), ggotch (06-04-17), joker_the_smoker (06-04-17), Kobayashi (03-04-17), Trex (04-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,034 Times

Me neither. Same with booze, can it or leave it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kobayashi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Withdrawals from weed ? JEsus Christ how much of it are you smoking ?

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

ggotch (06-04-17), joker_the_smoker (06-04-17), toblue (18-04-17), Welshgorrilla (10-07-17)

Thanks

Default Physiological Effects of Long Term THC Exposure

Quote Originally Posted by HazeyMan View Post
    ...having seizures from cannabis withdrawal?!
    THC produces "epileptiform activity" in several regions of the brain. It has been show to be effective in reducing seizures related to epilepsy and post electroconvulsive shock therapies. If you are a heavy user your body and nerves have "habituated", your nerves may react by "upregulating" some of the structures that are suppressed by the presence of THC. Sudden withdrawal can then produce a rebound effect in which your body becomes hypersensitive to the stimuli that THC was suppressing.

This is similar to the phenomenon in Alcohol use and withdrawal known as "Delirium Tremens". Alcohol is GABA'ergic, which affects the parasympathetic nervous system. This is the part of your nervous system that help you to relax after arousal. Removing a stimuli (alcohol) that activates that relaxing system in your body can produce excessive arousal. In the case of Alcohol withdrawal, it can cause "shaking, shivering, irregular heart rate, and sweating. Occasionally, a very high body temperature or seizures may result in death."

While the CB1 and CB2 nerve receptors do not work the same as the receptor sites in Alcohol use, the same process of habituation with THC use can occur with long term use. You can expect things like Nausea, Sweating, Excessive Arousal (anxiety states), and even flu-like symptom in your gut. In your case, you seem to have a significant reaction which included seizures. You might consider consulting with a doctor (depending on confidentiality laws in your area). Your reaction would seem to indicate slowing usage over time (if possible) prior to discontinuation for long term usage to avoid these pronounced symptoms.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokedragon For This Useful Post:

HazeyMan (18-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Moderation is key ......

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Moderation is key ...
    Often with Alcohol use, true addicts who are sober for quite some time that begin use again will fall directly back to the previous "depth" of dependence. Your body becomes permanently adjusted to the substance that it has been exposed to. I'm not sure if this is the case with THC exposure.

You can think of it like a path that you are walking down. The longer you "walk" into use, the longer it will take your body to "walk" out of habituation.

Thanks

I hope to avoid long-term adjustment issues by taking breaks every so often. I suffer through skipping a few days every couple-3 weeks. Just not sure how to gauge that. I don't seem to have a tolerance making me want more at any one time, so hoping I'm at least on the right track. But I also suspect my perceived tolerance level might be just from using different strains. I keep around a dozen or so on-hand and cycle through them all in a similar 2-3 week period, basically never using the same strain more than 2 days in a row.

Anyone know anything about the effects of using either the same or different strains all the time WRT tolerance development?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to acewiza For This Useful Post:

Trex (04-04-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I tip my hat to you guys that can take a break and not bother you. I wish I could be like that, but cannot. No willpower.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (06-04-17), biggiebri (04-04-17), ggotch (06-04-17), mrnice586 (07-04-17), M_C (04-04-17), toblue (18-04-17), Trex (04-04-17)

MrChedHead Guest

I dont get withdrawal as im always topped up

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

biggiebri (04-04-17), mrnice586 (07-04-17), Trex (04-04-17)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast