Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Severe Withdrawal After 2 Months Of Daily Use

Guest Guest

I'm well overdue a break, I didn't have one for about eight years until recently. Stopped on a Monday, had a joint on the Friday and it killed me, I'd forgotten how it felt to be so high. I should do it more often but the withdrawal is really hard for me, I guess some suffer more than others. I am a very heavy smoker so that can't help. Nobody iv ever smoked with has ever been able to keep up, I'm rolling another joint whilst they're questioning reality, calling me insane for wanting another and they claim to be big time smokers haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (13-04-17), Glynne (18-04-17), Trex (06-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

You may want to go to the doctor and explain your situation. You may find you suffer from an illness and the weed is actually preventing the symptoms. Cannabis is not physically addictive, so the fact that you have these symptoms would suggest there is another issue at play here.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

ggotch (18-04-17), Glynne (18-04-17), HazeyMan (18-04-17), Trex (17-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferDankness View Post
    Cannabis is not physically addictive, so the fact that you have these symptoms would suggest there is another issue at play here.
    The fact that Hazeyman never even responded once in this thread suggests to me we have just another troll here. His situation does after all, appear to sound rather outlandish.

Sometimes I wonder why I ever even bother trying to help people.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acewiza For This Useful Post:

Glynne (18-04-17), Ironman (18-04-17), Trex (17-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

from a schoolboy till my mid 30's i was a heavy compulsive gambler, within a couple of years from starting smoking pot i realised for the first time how badly gambling was harming me and those around me, went see a shrink he sort of explained for me compulsive behaviour is till death, he told me find something to take its place, it was a no brainer at that point in my life and cannabis became my main focus in life, its not an addiction there are no addictive ingrediants so everything is just in the mind, i start everyday getting high and spend the rest of the day getting higher, dont feel any different now than any time over the last 40plus years is no getting used to it is still the same high but since i started growing i find its like smoke pure magic.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Glynne (18-04-17), Trex (17-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acewiza View Post
    The fact that Hazeyman never even responded once in this thread suggests to me we have just another troll here. His situation does after all, appear to sound rather outlandish.

Listen you. I've been away from the forums, end of, you really think I would troll about having a seizure? Ridiculous.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferDankness View Post
    You may want to go to the doctor and explain your situation. You may find you suffer from an illness and the weed is actually preventing the symptoms. Cannabis is not physically addictive, so the fact that you have these symptoms would suggest there is another issue at play here.
    Hi I have been given the all clear years ago from when I had a seizure from stopping cannabis, Thank You for your reply mate, as it's happened twice now from stopping cannabis is why I am confused.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedragon View Post
    THC produces "epileptiform activity" in several regions of the brain. It has been show to be effective in reducing seizures related to epilepsy and post electroconvulsive shock therapies. If you are a heavy user your body and nerves have "habituated", your nerves may react by "upregulating" some of the structures that are suppressed by the presence of THC. Sudden withdrawal can then produce a rebound effect in which your body becomes hypersensitive to the stimuli that THC was suppressing.

This is similar to the phenomenon in Alcohol use and withdrawal known as "Delirium Tremens". Alcohol is GABA'ergic, which affects the parasympathetic nervous system. This is the part of your nervous system that help you to relax after arousal. Removing a stimuli (alcohol) that activates that relaxing system in your body can produce excessive arousal. In the case of Alcohol withdrawal, it can cause "shaking, shivering, irregular heart rate, and sweating. Occasionally, a very high body temperature or seizures may result in death."

While the CB1 and CB2 nerve receptors do not work the same as the receptor sites in Alcohol use, the same process of habituation with THC use can occur with long term use. You can expect things like Nausea, Sweating, Excessive Arousal (anxiety states), and even flu-like symptom in your gut. In your case, you seem to have a significant reaction which included seizures. You might consider consulting with a doctor (depending on confidentiality laws in your area). Your reaction would seem to indicate slowing usage over time (if possible) prior to discontinuation for long term usage to avoid these pronounced symptoms.
    Someone with intelligence and proper, informative, and very important facts, Thank You for your information mate, this and the other guy I thanked are the only proper replies in this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acewiza View Post

Go read my post properly, you clearly haven't yet. I wasn't going to bother reporting my experience but I was just trying to actually put a warning out there to people who smoke cannabis, like I said, the stuff from dealers is probably laced so I was likely to be withdrawing from a different drug other than cannabis if it doesn't cause seizures, but one person in here has clearly typed up strong, vital information.

Guest Guest

Oh fuck off, probably laced?!? You have a health problem that you do not understand and have come to a very pro marijuana place to blame the marijuana, without evidence, then bitched out when you don't get the response you desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (18-04-17), ggotch (18-04-17), Ironman (18-04-17), Trex (18-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

Quote Originally Posted by HazeyMan View Post
    Listen you. I've been away from the forums, end of, you really think I would troll about having a seizure? Ridiculous.
    There is no medical evidence to support seizures & cannabis withdrawal. Whilst I don't doubt your seizure, I do doubt that cannabis played any part in it...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (18-04-17), ggotch (18-04-17), happyjack (18-04-17), Ironman (18-04-17), joker_the_smoker (18-04-17), ReeferDankness (19-04-17), Trex (18-04-17)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast