Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to vapourizers

Thanks
    Thanked 5 Times

Default New to vapourizers

Hi All,

I've been a heavy pot and tobacco smoker for comming up to 20 years. Recently I've started to notice how much this is affecting my health and have taken the decision to quit smoking. I dont actually want to give up weed though so I've switched to e-cigs and herbal vapouriser. I bought the Mighty by Storz & Bickel, it's appreatly highly rated and I didn't want to waste time and money on an inferior model. Anyway I've been using it a few days and there are a number of things I'm concered about:

1) Coughing: any good hit on this vape seems to irritate the back of my throat, way worse than smoking a joint. It reminds me of smoking bongs which I've only done occaionally. I really hope I can improve the coughing problem because at the moment I can't enjoy the vaping process when I always have to stop not because I feel stoned enough but because my lungs hurt so much from coughing that I have to stop.

2) Taste: I taste litterally nothing though this vape, kinda dissapointing because I like the taste and smell of cannabis. Is this normal?

3) The High: Is ok at first, first hit of the day tends have a very noticable effect although the high is diffrent to a joint; less drousey and more of a mental high than a full body high. Arguably a more desirable high to have throughout the day, I do however miss the full-body "submerged in a bath" feeling I got from smoking joints in the evenings though. Also, I dont seem able to take it up a level with the vape; Previously, if I didn't feel stoned enough I would have another joint, but with vape I can only seem to maintain a "half-high" state.

Anyway, I remain determined to give up smoking, but hope that I can improve my experiance with any knowledge from more experianced vapourer's

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bobert For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (05-10-18), GEORGE (28-09-18), ggotch (10-04-17), TomKing (08-04-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Welcome to the Talk, mate.

I can't help out on the vape as I've not had good results from mine. I either get a metallic taste in the mouth, or I don't get a hit.

I've only done a bong once, and it ripped my throat apart. I was surprised I didn't cough my eye out.

If you do smoke tobacco and your throat hurts, a little olbas oil on the fingers help. That's if you don't mind a menthol joint.

Thanks

Hi mate you can lower temps of vaporizer i use a arizer extreme q
    And im happy about it i vape around 200°C And get good flavour And a mild throat irritation when i do a big hit

sent from under the coco tree

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mercegue For This Useful Post:

dreamgreen (03-07-17), GEORGE (28-09-18), happyjack (05-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

I have this problem!! Pretty much exactly!

I have the mighty, I bought it to stop smoking Tobacco but makes me cough really violently!

I get the mighty to about 190 and have to take the tiniest hits, I also miss the "bath" feeling with vape.

I'm subbing up to this, hopefully someone can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-18)

Thanks

In my experience ( I still smoke tobacco/joints, but use a Q for vaping fairly regularly ) vaping is a different stone completely. I have read more than once that a large part of the "stone" when smoking joints with tobacco comes from the carbon monoxide it produces?? And a restriction of oxygen? I can't quite remember exactly ; but it's basically that.
    You don't get that when you vape pure weed. ( never heard or people vaping tobacco mix) best next thing is a high temp, that will give you the body hit type thing, but I believe you need to get well away from the baccy to properly appreciate it.
    As for the coughing, that's also a learning curve. I used to cough when I did neat weed in any form; blunt/vape, just like I did when I started smoking fags. You get a handle on it👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to marque08 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-18)

Thanks

Hi Bobert,and welcome.I havent smoked since January.I replaced the joints with an Arizer Solo,and the ciggies with a 100w box mod.
    A mate of mine has the Mighty,which is a great vape,but has caused me lots of coughing whenever he,s shared with me!
    I found the Mighty to have a very mild plastic like taste from the mouthpiece when taking a good hit.My Solo has a glass mouthpiece
    which I think goes a long way to improving the flavour and taste,but cant compare to the Mighty for actual vapour production.
    Good luck with giving up the ciggies mate.I gave them 49 years of my life,and its a nice feeling to be free of them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autobox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-18), UpT0wn (28-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

if you are going the vape route for giving up the fags then id go for just that until youve got off the tobacco first.get a glass blunt etc for your erb.

reason is that the tobacco really really fucks with your tastebuds and smell ability and until you are able to purely vape an ecig without resorting to the odd fag here n there you simply wont be able to identify the taste of anything properly,smell neither.

been vaping ecigs only,for 2 years now,havent touched fag at all and my sense of taste is mad now,everything from curries to roasts etc are gorgeous now,and my home jarred erb is totally stunning now as well.

there is a downside mind,i can smell my own feet now and all my friends that smoke absolutely stink like fkn ashtrays.

thats enough of the ex smoker shit,youll either do it or you wont,i just found it easy after all the patches n stuff plus i bought a hookah n used that for the erb side of things

have an Air and ive had to learn how to use it,especially what dryness the erb has to be,ideally you need it to be a moist/sticky still,not grinder/burn dry for sure as you are using heat to remove the moistness from the bud ,thats the vapour,if its totally dry ie ready to burn then theres fk all moisture to pull out of it and at best youll just get a very harsh hit.

experiment with you homegrown till you find the sweet spot for moistness and then experiment with that at different temps,i adjust mine on the fly as different bud needs different handling.
    you will find the sweet spot i assure you n then "youll know" haha.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

autobox (27-05-17), Cleargreen (31-12-18), GEORGE (28-09-18)

Thanks

Hi Bobert - I started vaping my bud after visiting Amsterdam last year and to be honest I have not looked back. I honestly believe they're the best thing since sliced bread!

I was never too tuff into roll ups. I always preferred big bong rips.

I agree with Marque08 - the high produced from vaping is totally different to smoking weed. I found when I blazed I got really high, my thoughts became confused and all I wanted to do was sleep!! Using the same strain with the same amounts in my vape I found I got twice as high, it lasted twice as long but I'm still able to move around and get sh*t done! Also, it's more of a cerebral high - the kind where if you follow a thought down the rabbit hole you'll never know where you'll end up :-P!

I read somewhere that vaping is much more economical as when you smoke weed you actually burn away 70% of all the good stuff - that may or may not be true... I can't remember the source!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrthccbd For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (31-12-18), GEORGE (28-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

is near 25 years since I quit tabac, I been smoking cannabis in pipes and bongs but its been ripping my throat out and giving me a bad chest. think this is my 3rd week using a vape and i'm loving it, I love the taste and the high and i'm getting more from my pot, I can smoke bud and hash till its dead where I was wasting the last half because of the discomfort I was getting through coughing, once its warm I can turn it off and just enjoy the wonderful taste coming through

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-18), Mrthccbd (05-08-17)

Thanks

Switched to vaping beginning of the year after best part of 20 years smoking splifs mainly with rolling baccie, id tried to cut down and use filters before the move to the vape. Anyway it's been a real revelation. Its so much cleaner and the taste is great too. I find I use far less weed and can go a week or more without using it without any of the withdrawal of tabaco. I feel so much more healthy for the change too, no more hacking cough or weeing lol

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulie-Walnuts For This Useful Post:

BritishBotanics (09-08-17), GEORGE (28-09-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast