Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New to vapourizers

Thanks

WELCOME to the thctalk. I am offering the same which you are in. We offer for your Crafty or Mighty Vaporizer a adapter to use it with a water tool like water pipes with 18 mm.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapingfan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    Hi All,

I've been a heavy pot and tobacco smoker for comming up to 20 years. Recently I've started to notice how much this is affecting my health and have taken the decision to quit smoking. I dont actually want to give up weed though so I've switched to e-cigs and herbal vapouriser. I bought the Mighty by Storz & Bickel, it's appreatly highly rated and I didn't want to waste time and money on an inferior model. Anyway I've been using it a few days and there are a number of things I'm concered about:

1) Coughing: any good hit on this vape seems to irritate the back of my throat, way worse than smoking a joint. It reminds me of smoking bongs which I've only done occaionally. I really hope I can improve the coughing problem because at the moment I can't enjoy the vaping process when I always have to stop not because I feel stoned enough but because my lungs hurt so much from coughing that I have to stop.

2) Taste: I taste litterally nothing though this vape, kinda dissapointing because I like the taste and smell of cannabis. Is this normal?

3) The High: Is ok at first, first hit of the day tends have a very noticable effect although the high is diffrent to a joint; less drousey and more of a mental high than a full body high. Arguably a more desirable high to have throughout the day, I do however miss the full-body "submerged in a bath" feeling I got from smoking joints in the evenings though. Also, I dont seem able to take it up a level with the vape; Previously, if I didn't feel stoned enough I would have another joint, but with vape I can only seem to maintain a "half-high" state.

Anyway, I remain determined to give up smoking, but hope that I can improve my experience with any knowledge from more experienced vapourer's
    Welp you sound like you are in the same boat I was in a few years ago. First e- cig and dry herb vaping are two completely different things. My personal opinion is that current technology is not capable of bringing a strong dry herb vaporizer to market. I have been able to play with a few hand held units over the past few years and they are absolutely outclassed by wall plug table units. I'm not saying they arent usable but judging joints to vapes when using a hand held is like racing a Lambo that cant go past 2nd gear. I strongly suggest whip style vaporizers as they are ... better. That outa the way lets address issues!

1. So the thing is vapor will jack you up, because by itself you cant feel it. The "tickle" you get from vapor is the gas resting in your throat cause you've filled your lungs already. It causes your body to think that you're drowning and so you start that expository hacking cough. In years I have never been able to take a hit off a herb vaporizer until I could "feel it" in my chest and not end up hacking. If you take a hit that is deep enough that you get that "tickle" in your throat you have gone way way too far. A solid hit should slightly warm your chest and make your mouth water when you exhale. Properly done the only indication I have that I have even taken a hit is the vapor I blow out and the taste in my mouth. Well until I realize I've been laughing at a toothpick for 15 minutes.

2. This is not my experience at all. Vaporized dry herb taste like you infused water with the flower, warmed it and drank it. I did not know what pot tasted like until I started vaping. If you screw up and actually ignite the herb by vaping it then it tastes like... o , god its bad. Like all the worst parts of your childhood at once in your mouth. So there is a big range but I have never found it to be flavorless unless the herb wasn't getting hot enough.

3. I would describe the high to be much more heady than smoking or eating for sure but I wouldn't call it "less" or anything. I've found that the best use is to vape during day time hours and collect the vaped leavings. Once I get about an ounce and a half or so I mix up some butter and then use that for the "body" nighttime stuff. It allows me to double use my product and remove the drowsiness from my work day. The only time I ever feel like I am chasing the high I'm looking for with vaping is when I do not have a proper air flow/heat ratio going. I have been able to vape myself into a sofa on several occasions but you really do kinda have to have a knack for it.

As far as the ecigs go tech is really good on those. I use a 60w box mod now and have zero issues. The only time I see people get into binds with them is when they do not buy a "big" enough mod (you need something that runs off of at least a 18650 battery that can be removed and can handle up to at least 50 watts bellow .25 ohms). There are other quirks to them but me and my wife both went from 2 packs a day to nothing without a headache. Being able to home mix 6 months work of liquid for 30 bucks also makes things nice.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

I have the extreme q desktop and the pax3 . Both good . 190-200 seems like a sweet spot for me . No harshness

Thanks

Been thinking of getting a mighty myself and switching to vaping to stay off the tobacco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3