Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LED Light Choice - Mars or Vipar

Thanks

Thumbs up LED Light Choice - Mars or Vipar

Hi all,

Just after a quick LED light advice.

I'm in early planning stages of buying equipment for my first proper grow, the light is one first things I'm looking to get sorted.
    The planned growing space is going to be a 80x80x160 tent. Growing a single plant, maybe 2 at most after a time.

I was all near decided on the VIPARSPECTRA 450w LED. Found on amazon at £119.
    But today, I've seen the MarsHydro 600w on there too, for only £4 more.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these lights? I liked that the Vipar has a Veg&Bloom switch (which, in my noobness, I don't really know how important it is with these price range of lights), I can't quite see if the Mars has one too.
    But, I'm getting stuck on thinking that, for an extra £4 I can get an extra 150ws.

Thanks people!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-17)

Thanks

Wouldnt bother with neither of them get a lumatek 600w dimable. And use the 250 and 400w settings in winter time.
    Also a cooltube, rvk and rhino pro.

Leds just dont have the yields and they arnt effecient bulbs because they die over time. Also cant be replaced.

They are noisy. The watts dont matter and neither do lumens. Whats inportant is PAR and led manufactures dont give them out. Also they are all chinese made and dont have the canopy penetration.

I am biased to hps but i have tried both led and hps and found that hps is much better not just for your plants but your pocket aswell. Smd led just arnt efficent.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-17), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (15-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

A man chooses, a slave obeys!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

leds are fine for a normal non topped etc grow,specially autos,ive managed good weight off the panels i have .

i still prefer hps but its down to the enviroment for me,specifically in summer/hi heat times in which case ill happily use led,ill still get good enough weights for my percy,in soil grows,and itll also be very nice quality erb.

i have a pair of viparspectres 450ws(200ws each really) and theyre pretty good for the money,as good as any other non-cob lamps anyway,i also had a Holland 300(sold to a mate now but still going),which is 180w really,and that has grown me over 20 oz in single plant grows so far(i do a one lamp one plant ratio,approx 3oz a plant),and that was second hand when i got it 2yrs ago ,that panel has more than paid for itself in both erb and experience

the mars you mention is one another mate has,albeit its an early 3w led one not the newer 5w, and hes quite happy doing one plant under it,hes done several grows with it now and its always nice quality erb,however it is a very misleading title "mars 600w" as its not 600w at all,its really 190w some are only 140w the 5w ones i think,less than the vipars,(which are also misleading not 450 but 200.)

led lamps rarely advertise their real wattage,ie what its pulling from the wall,and you have to bear this in mind,also you need to figure in the amount of spectrums it covers and in the case of a switchable like the vipars the amount of leds in each switched phase.

no disrespect to mrnice but mine are all quiet and have proven themselves capable enough for a home grow,they are also ideal to use if living in flats etc for stealthy grows.
    in the case of the vipars,they also seem to be more powerful nowadays needing higher lamp heights than the early ones.()
    theyre also dead handy in an emergency if the hps bulb/ballast fizzles out.

but its swings and roundabouts,if you are after weight mainly or doing scrogs perhaps,then hps is also proven in this area and often has much better light coverage,and the costs imo cancel each other out,as youll need to counter higher temps using fans,possibly A/C and other heat removal gear.

this also adds to the noise of everything and of course bulbs dont last as long as the led panels and will need to be replaced once or more a year,in my personal experience of course .

i like and use both,i started out growing with the holland panel,that encouraged me to keep growing,so for me it was a great way to start.

and then of course theres cmh315,something im trying at the moment,but still no conclusion there for me really.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-02-19), Valentina (02-05-17)

Thanks

Thanks man, ended up with the LED though

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-02-19)

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys. Ended up going LED and with the Vipar though.
    I'm only small scale, hopefully I'll get a half decent at least grow from it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-02-19)

Thanks

I have a viperspectra but sold it on eBay and went back to hps

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puffindaerb For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-02-19), ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (16-05-17)

Thanks

Had

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puffindaerb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,213 Times

I have had great experience with CFL bulbs from green-lamp co uk. If their LEDs are anywhere as good as their CFLs, they would be amazing. I have my eyes on their aquarium light.

Vipars look like Budmaster clones but having had a look at the user feedback on Amazon I cannot say I am entirely confident with a high wattage product from them.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile

I use MEIZHI LED grow light, 900W, very good so far, amazing spectrum, my weed baby love it
    If you want to buy it, you can search it on ebay

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to growergrowweed For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast