Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buds with burnt or no hairs.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times
    Provided Answers: 53

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    if its good soil,not just a collection of recycled plastic etc,then ph isnt a factor and you can ignore having to worry about it as the soil /micros will adjust itself.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ As ggotch said - No need to PH when growing in soil

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), ggotch (24-04-17), M_C (30-04-17), redisiel (24-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 15

Probably unrelated but I have same issue with buds small dry,no hairs
    I have a white widow 14 weeks veg in 7 litre pot which I potted up to 10 litre when I flipped to flower now 7 weeks since ( 21 weeks total)
    I have 13 main kolas that are fatting up nicely but about 6-7 inches down each branch buds look like yours
    I've put my issue down to plant choking to death in too small a pot but only another 2-3 weeks to harvest I gotta just let it play out
    Good luck fella

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), ggotch (24-04-17), GSIntegral (24-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times
    Provided Answers: 71

Quote Originally Posted by GSIntegral View Post
    And yes it is good soil.. a mix of fox farms and happy frog. Nothing shotty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Definitely no need to ph.
    And this isn't what is call good soil. I've run straight ro water with a ph of around 8 for a complete cycle with no issues using just the water only.
    I would start with a better soil mix mate.

How do you actually want to grow soil with fertiliser or a water only?

I have a cheese plant that has no hairs and if I'm honest I'm gonna just put it down to the strain imo because in my soil they use what feed they need as and when they want.
    Same at harvest they finish when there ready just plain water.

But of course we can make it a whole lot more exciting than just water and explore the full genetic potential and use sprouted seed teas etc, but a GOOD quality compost or earthworm castings will serve all the fertiliser you need and don't forget to mulch the pots

Best wishes
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), ggotch (24-04-17), Greengrass (24-04-17), Type M (24-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Too much N can cause that , i see some of your plants got the claw and are very rich green ,too high N imo . Could be overwatering causing the claw also ,but theres a def high N trouble in a few . High heat with very low RH can also be a factor , whats your temps and rh buddy ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-22)

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys.

I say it is good soil because around here our ground is almost clay-like at times. It's the best route at the moment for the price.

I've never had to ph anything before. It just wasn't up until we started using distilled water that we noticed it.

We are strictly soil with fertilizer, no hydroponics.. If I read that question correctly. And I'm almost thinking what you are thinking when you ran with straight 8 on the ph. Our irrigation water is about 7.5-8 and never had issues. That distilled water being 9 could've thrown it out of whack.

Thanks for the help!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GSIntegral For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-22), Trex (24-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GSIntegral View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

I say it is good soil because around here our ground is almost clay-like at times. It's the best route at the moment for the price.

I've never had to ph anything before. It just wasn't up until we started using distilled water that we noticed it.

We are strictly soil with fertilizer, no hydroponics.. If I read that question correctly. And I'm almost thinking what you are thinking when you ran with straight 8 on the ph. Our irrigation water is about 7.5-8 and never had issues. That distilled water being 9 could've thrown it out of whack.

Thanks for the help!

Ohh distilled water , yeah , that could be it , i use r.o and it has 0 nutrients and is 8ph . Even in soil if ph goes out of range too much ,uptake of nutes will suffer , here our peat moss is 3.5 ph ffs and i have to add.limestone to balance things .

I am able to get my soil ph to 6.2ish , mix up some worm casting as a top dress , them microbes will innoculate your soil , and digest things ,balance out your nutes and ph into usable matter ,but it takes time that you dont have .

For the next few times , ph your water at 6-6.3ph and things should go better .

Ive farmed and been gardening for 20 years , i dont give a shit what anyone says , if ph is too out of whack , plants cant uptake nutrients , especially if there are no microbes in that soil to break shit down and balance things out .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-22), ggotch (24-04-17), GSIntegral (24-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times
    Provided Answers: 53

Isn't most good soil Ph'd correctly anyway?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-22), GSIntegral (24-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post

Well there a misconception going on here, a peat mix isnt soil,in the farmer world we call that a soiless mix . It contains nothing and is very acidic in nature ,and needs to be balanced with compost or manures . Worms are our best friends . I was taught all i know bout farming from Amish farmers ,trust me they know their shit haha .

At 3.5 ph , not much gets absorbed by them roots , under 5 ph if you ask me that where troubles stsrt in soil/soiless mixes .

When infirst started gardenijg ,my garden soil was 4.5 and lost many tomato crops to blossom end rot . Too ow ,no uptake of calcium and bang BER .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-22), ggotch (24-04-17), JB (30-04-17), The Cornishman (05-05-17), Type M (24-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Too much N can cause that , i see some of your plants got the claw and are very rich green ,too high N imo . Could be overwatering causing the claw also ,but theres a def high N trouble in a few . High heat with very low RH can also be a factor , whats your temps and rh buddy ?
    We try to run 75-80f on temp and the humidity ranges from 50-55 down on plant level and 55-60 above the light.

I thought the same thing with overwatering, some leaves are too droopy as well.

I can agree with you on too high of N in my thoughts. My buddy is into using full product line-ups and mixing everything together, respectively. Ive been trying explain to him that it all adds up in the end so your nutrient numbers are going to be different. Adding the ph problem and ya..issues.lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GSIntegral For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-22), Greengrass (24-04-17), Trex (24-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post

Should be, or that's the idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GSIntegral For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-22), Greengrass (24-04-17), Trex (24-04-17), Type M (24-04-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast