Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Buds with burnt or no hairs.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Have you removed any calaxes from the plant and looked inside them . I'm not 100% sure and can't tell but have a look to she if she is producing seeds . A plant can give you the impression she's finishing early with all her hairs/pistols turning orange/brown and not producing any more because she has been pollinated. Take one or two of the pods/calaxes off the buds especially ones that look swollen and have a look inside. This is just a theory because I can't really tell from your pictures 😃 I could be well off the mark

Sent from a green pleasant land

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-22), r33ee (29-07-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyB View Post
    can you take one of these?
    Attachment 345142
    I managed it with a loop and a cheap camera phone. Would be interesting to get a proper close up of what's going on.
    I can.. my buddy has one of those attachments. I'll have to wait till he wakes up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GSIntegral For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Have you removed any calaxes from the plant and looked inside them . I'm not 100% sure and can't tell but have a look to she if she is producing seeds . A plant can give you the impression she's finishing early with all her hairs/pistols turning orange/brown and not producing any more because she has been pollinated. Take one or two of the pods/calaxes off the buds especially ones that look swollen and have a look inside. This is just a theory because I can't really tell from your pictures 😃 I could be well off the mark

After looking at those new pictures last night it totally crossed my mind about producing seeds. We just switched them into flower about a month ago, and with the stress they endured right before hand..most likely had an effect. I'll rip one open.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GSIntegral For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just being bored, killing time until my friend wakes up and until I can fully open the tent when I water. Different plant/bud. Seems like three out of four plants have the same status, producing or somewhat producing on the top and then these kinds of results on the bottom. The fourth plant and the one that took the biggest hit on the ph still seems like it's in shock. I'll have to get photos of that plant later. I also want to double check the height of the light and look into turning it up a notch (from 600w to 750w). I'm going to atleast soil probe the ph before I water.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GSIntegral For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Hiya fellow budists . I don't know if this any help but I have had success with following method. I have hydroponics,I DO NOT EMPTY AT ALL, all I do is replace every 2weeks with the drained aquarium water so plants an fish both happy, I don't have an ec thingy either, I do Check pH of course BUT RARELY HAVE TO ADJUST ,Also I am still using the SAME cocoa and clay pebble that I started with 5\6 grows now,
    I am currently on 2 strains of auto flowering , ( don't like same bud all the time)
    Every crop has been perfect, I do give an intense clean before each grow , set it up and off you go,
    I am still a rebel so don't do what I am told only what I think is best, I EVEN START MY SEEDS IN SITU,600 watt light, I was told I couldn't do that ???? But I do and it works,
    As an old time gardener of the past ( am 60 years old now) I read the plants by feelings, if I think it needs more food ? It gets it ,
    Granted the base root of my system has already been written , I use suggested dose ratio of food ONLY DOUBLED as not new media ( cocoa n clay) , so far so good,
    Well I ain't a pro but everyone I know loves my weed ,
    Hope not too far off topic
    There ya have it
    Ady

Sent from my V11 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to addry0 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-22), r33ee (29-07-22), The Cornishman (05-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Quote Originally Posted by addry0 View Post
    Hiya fellow budists . I don't know if this any help but I have had success with following method. I have hydroponics,I DO NOT EMPTY AT ALL, all I do is replace every 2weeks with the drained aquarium water so plants an fish both happy, I don't have an ec thingy either, I do Check pH of course BUT RARELY HAVE TO ADJUST ,Also I am still using the SAME cocoa and clay pebble that I started with 5\6 grows now,
    I am currently on 2 strains of auto flowering , ( don't like same bud all the time)
    Every crop has been perfect, I do give an intense clean before each grow , set it up and off you go,
    I am still a rebel so don't do what I am told only what I think is best, I EVEN START MY SEEDS IN SITU,600 watt light, I was told I couldn't do that ???? But I do and it works,
    As an old time gardener of the past ( am 60 years old now) I read the plants by feelings, if I think it needs more food ? It gets it ,
    Granted the base root of my system has already been written , I use suggested dose ratio of food ONLY DOUBLED as not new media ( cocoa n clay) , so far so good,
    Well I ain't a pro but everyone I know loves my weed ,
    Hope not too far off topic
    There ya have it
    Ady

Sent from my V11 using Tapatalk
    Ooen up a thread and well help you out lol

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post

Status update..

Let the laughing begin and the lesson of the story is check the small things.

As I do believe ph may have played a small part before switching to "flower". I noticed something the other night while taking the last picture in the dark. We have a 3-way extension cord running in the 4'x4' tent that has an orange-ish light on the end. So the tent is not going full dark. The light is also right in line with the lower set of buds.

I pulled a small bud off and peeled it apart. The calaxes did look like they were producing "seeds" and had more of a plant feel to them. They are not full and fluffy like the ones on top. There's no males around though as I thought you need those to actually get a full seed. I could be wrong, word of mouth.

We've fixed the problem for the time being. We will see how much damage is done in the next couple of days..if anything turns around and see if we want to continue.

I do thank you guys for the info on the ph though. It's not pretty and will help in the future. Good luck on the grows!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GSIntegral For This Useful Post:

British green (04-05-17), GEORGE (29-07-22), ggotch (10-12-17), Trex (04-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 6 Times

No hairs, smells great. Good or bad Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220727_130013.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	426855

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mattler For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-07-22), GEORGE (29-07-22), Jingo (29-07-22), mpsj (29-07-22), r33ee (29-07-22), V8 (29-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Mattler View Post
    No hairs, smells great. Good or bad Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220727_130013.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	426855

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I've seen some indica flowers that are just a mass of sugar leaves, they're still good.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (29-07-22), GEORGE (29-07-22), mpsj (29-07-22), r33ee (29-07-22)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4