Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: laptop problems

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,513 Times

Question laptop problems

I just bought a laptop from auction and it has had all the operating system cleaned/erased, i have a window 7 ultimate disc but it half loaded then said couldn't find the drivers to complete installation so come on you tech heads what do i do.
    Thanks in advance folks.
    Imnice

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Quote Originally Posted by imnice View Post
    I just bought a laptop from auction and it has had all the operating system cleaned/erased, i have a window 7 ultimate disc but it half loaded then said couldn't find the drivers to complete installation so come on you tech heads what do i do.
    Thanks in advance folks.
    Imnice
    Use another pc to download a new iso of windows 7. Burn to dvd & try again

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

imnice (29-04-17), TomKing (29-04-17)

Thanks

If it continues to not work on disk use a USB to install instead. might be something to do with disk drive if so.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

imnice (29-04-17), TomKing (29-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

What these guys said.

If you want everything legit, you can try burning the disk Image to another computer with a special program, then putting that image on to a USB drive.

Then on the laptop before you put the usb drive in you need to get to the computers bios, to do this you press f8 or delete, while it's starting up, often it will tell you what button to press if you watch the writing before windows boots up. And you need to set the boot order in the bios to look to USB first.

Then save, and restart with the USB drive inserted, you should install windows normally from this point.

If that doesn't work your disk is wrecked. So if the hard drive is completely blank, like literally a fresh drive, you would have to buy a new copy of windows.

Or not so legit, you could find a windows 10 torrent if you searched for it, then you would need a torrent downloader program, I like transmission for windows. You need to download a .iso file, then use the program you use to create the image earlier to load the ISO on to a Dvd/USB stick and install windows.

I would say tho, I'm quite familiar with downloading media, and would consider myself quite a geek. I personally always use legit operating systems, there is nothing worse than a flaky OS.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

imnice (29-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Default laptop problems

I've had a smoke, after reading that, it makes sense... mostly. If you want to do one or the other feel free to post pictures in here as your doing it and and I can talk you through it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

imnice (29-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

What make/model is the laptop?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (29-04-17), imnice (29-04-17)

Thanks

Toshiba Sattelite Pro L100 its an old un but seems faster than my own piss slow laptop,
    okl this is where i got to, i hit F2 for bios set up hit f5 to switch boot order that was on HDD changed boot order to cd/dvd hit f10 to save and exit, then restart and operating system not found, btw i have two the same i bought at auction and both the same issues.

oooot oohhh windows is loading files on one lappy

Thanks

ffs just encountered a problem and back to square 1 operating system not found.

Thanks

This is where i am at atm help help help
    lol
    Imnice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	345122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w2.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	345123  

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

There is a hard drive in it, isn't there?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

imnice (29-04-17), mrnice586 (29-04-17)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast