Thread: Gooey Choc chip and mini egg Brownies made with sacred buttery goodness

Thanks

Default Gooey Choc chip and mini egg Brownies made with sacred buttery goodness

Again as with my 'rustic' milk chocolate slab I cant claim to be 'cook of the year' but
    I thought id go all out on prep of the Bud ( which had been cured and then decarboxylated by myself)

Again I was using the same combination of white widow, jack herer and amnesia haze for the mix.

Firstly I made the sacred butter, i didnt use water on this occassion, i just very slowly melted the unsalted butter in the same pan as I had decarbed the buds in.
    I melted the butter down and pulled the temp of the hob back to low and then for the next few mins i made sure the temp was stable
    I then added the ground herbs to the butter and mixed in with a wooden spatula for a good 30 mins (I ocassionally took breaks of a few mins to sip my coffee and placed a lid on the butter at these times)

after 30 mins or so had passed I took the pan off the heat and strained the butter through two strainers into a glass bowl

I then added some of the chocolate chips that came with brownie mix into the butter and mixed in well, I put the bowl over some very low temp hot water
    and allowed the chips to fully melt into the butter.

while the chips were slowly melting away

I added eggs to the brownie mix and whisked vigourously!
    I then added the butter and melted choco chips to the brownie mix added the remaining choco chips and then poured into my baking tray and placed the mix
    in a preheated oven and allowed to cook for just under 30 mins.
    I removed the cooked brownie from the oven , covered in tin foil and allowed to cool./
    earlier today I split the large brownie into 12 pieces. but there are only 11 left now!

using the same calculation I used previous the rough maths is:

70g unsalted butter (i read that 25% evaporation can happen when melting butter so I ended with around 50g)
    4g of cured decarbed buds

4g/50g = 0.08g bud per g of butter

the brownie was split into 12 pieces so in each brownie piece is 4.17g of butter

so 0.08g(bud) x 4.17g(butter)

so if these calcs are right each piece of brownie would have 0.33g of bud in.

It doesnt sound very strong but the buzz is very nice from one! I guess it very much depends on the quality of the buds as to effect, but I would be thinking I would
    need to devour 3 of these... however I think for me 3 could well offer something pretty lengthy!

anyhow, heres a few pictures of sum of the offending canna and of course the Brownies :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookingbuds5.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	346330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookingbuds2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	346331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookingbuds4.jpg 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	346332Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookbuds3.jpg 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	346333

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IsthereaDOCinthehouse? For This Useful Post:

ggotch (29-05-17), Scotty napalm (11-10-17)