Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mycorrhizae in hydroponics!!!

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    I've hesrd some good things about this working well in coco also on podcast pmsl,
    I am very much single brother and possibly the free ladies helping me get this way or at least my passion for the green kind did probably,
    The fungi grow hyphae this is where I would start a search for the fungi..

Onto something I've been reading more about is the way trichoderma also penetrate plant roots but they tend to get there sources/food please bare with me because I'm only just goi g deeper into it still brother, from organic matter instead of root exudates,
    More to come on this for sure.
    Hectic day here soooooooo damn hot ffs,
    Gimme your email again plz H I emptied out my inbox and I'm still not to good at sending or using the emails unless it's a straight reply lol.
    I use this for podcasts seems to work really well and you can see there's a few to get through pmsl

Just called podcast in iTunes
    Then you'll be able to subscribe and download the lot.
    It's a pleasure sharing knowledge brother it is the key after all!
    Blessings and gratitude
    Redz
    Interesting mate I thought the tricha were mostly feeding on carbs straight from the plant roots. Of course your right I expect I may have not understood the fungi topping thing , maybe its the hyphae that multiply when tricha feeds on fungi. That would make more sense. Ive had too many rainy days this week so not much work and I may be suffering from info overload. My whole desktop is covered in shortcuts to be re read. So Im gunna take a couple days to digest what I got then re read. I will pm you the addy mate. In regards to organic coco, the biggest hurdle may be getting the nutes in useable form. I wonder how quick the soil life breaks down minerals into useable form. Probs not quick enough. I did try organic coco with a tomato plant but failed.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 17-06-17 at 11:21 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

M_C (18-06-17), redisiel (18-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

I will start a coco grow with you this week mate, if I was you just leave it for now, the one book will make things clearer,
    But the little head clear will help lol,
    Gotta spend the day with my daughter as I get the bonus fathers/birthday combo so the garden has to get shunned a bit lol.

I'll get bricks of coco tomorrow and I'll get some reading done later on some coco notes, I know gypsum will be are friend here to and I think we will be using straight botanical teas, fpj's for feed with regular top dressing of some decent compost,
    This should be exciting brother I should of done this a while ago.

Not sure what to do though,
    Plant counts at 8 but I got the 2 autos finishing now so I think I'll have to try a auto so I'm flexible with lighting.
    Soon bro
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-19), gethighper (12-11-17)

Hobbit Guest

Cool Reds, take me with you mate. I got no more room for another weed plant or desire to have another lol. But I have plenty of strong health tomato seedlings self sowing every where, If you dont mind I will grow one of those and keep you company.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (19-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

When i tried with tomatoes Red I used chicken manure and molasses teas and it failed. I expect not enough readily available nutrition was the cause there. I think that worm casting teas may be much better for this purpose. In regards to top dressing coco with compost, mate that would seem to defeat the purpose in my mind. For me the aim that would make more sense is to come up with a method that could then be used in a hydro system.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (19-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

One more thing mate I rekon the gypsum is going to play havoc with your ph if your thinking to add it to coco.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (19-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    One more thing mate I rekon the gypsum is going to play havoc with your ph if your thinking to add it to coco.
    I won't be ph'ing anything here brother I'll be totally relying on microbes,
    I'll pick up the coco later hopefully, I'm the opposite I got too many fruit veg and herbs on the ATM lol
    Have a great day brother catch you soon, got the addy bro
    Redz

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And I can garuntee I won't have the so called bollox cal mag issue, there'll be no Epsom salt spray needed around week blah blah flower lmfao cal mag bollox, still makes me laugh.
    Redz

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When i tried with tomatoes Red I used chicken manure and molasses teas and it failed. I expect not enough readily available nutrition was the cause there. I think that worm casting teas may be much better for this purpose. In regards to top dressing coco with compost, mate that would seem to defeat the purpose in my mind. For me the aim that would make more sense is to come up with a method that could then be used in a hydro system.
    Overthinking this I think mate,
    I'll reread
    Redz

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

I won't be ph'ing anything here brother I'll be totally relying on microbes,
    I'll pick up the coco later hopefully, I'm the opposite I got too many fruit veg and herbs on the ATM lol
    Have a great day brother catch you soon, got the addy bro
    Redz
    I think you would have to in coco or hydro mate. You may just pull it of in coco but id be doubtful. I wonder what PH your soil/coco life would like mate. Adding gypsum would have to make that coco alkyline and that might kill your herd bro. Just a thought.

And I can garuntee I won't have the so called bollox cal mag issue, there'll be no Epsom salt spray needed around week blah blah flower lmfao cal mag bollox, still makes me laugh.
    Redz

I think mate that ultimately learning how to brew different blends for different growth stages would be the ultimate tbh. If I had no control at all over being able to knowingly boost certain nutes at certain times would make gardening a little less fun and challenging. I see this subject of soil life as another tool in my arsenal mate to be used in conjunction with other sound practices.

Overthinking this I think mate,
    I'll reread
    Redz

Haha you have no idea how often i hear that mate. But when i'm done overthinking I usually end up with a result that's worth it. Over thinking is much more fun than underthinking I rekon. Mate it would be nice if we could all go organic but people dont wanna change their method when they are getting results. And fair call. Why would a guy growing monsters in his DWC stick a plant in soil and go organic? Well he most likely wouldn't but if you could come up with a way to get similar results in his system with organic nutrients then he would be more inclined to give it a crack. I always feel guilty about any run off and waste from using chemical nutes growing weed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

redisiel (19-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

Oioi Red,can you believe they had that book teeming with microbes in my library. 10 outta 10 mate. I couldnt put it down , read the whole first section and some in one sit. It is the best book ive ever read mate and in terms of gardening and soil books I havent seen any thing close. ( I have some great books on soil chemistry etc) So well written. Ive had all these pieces of info floating about my head some of it for years and the book just tied it all together. I also learned a lot of new info. Gunna finish part 2 tonight and then re read it mate. Cheers so much Red. And it seems you were right I may have been overthinking a fair few things. I love how he cross referenced info over and over through the chapters so I never had to turn back pages to re read info. Gooooood Shit mate.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

gethighper (12-11-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast