Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bubble bag questions

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I can get bags of ice from the supermarket, but will need to get them just prior to starting it as I have nowhere to store it.

Jerking them shouldn't be a problem. I've had years of practice.

I wish they would sell the ruddy buckets with the bags. Most annoying.
    Pmsl
    Your getting the 5 gallon ones yeah they suit the 20 liter black buckets from the grow shops perfect mate and cheap as chips.
    That's funny you saying about the Ice, I feel like a nutter walking out of Iceland with 3 bags of ice in the middle of winter lol, party time I suppose.
    I'm ordering v a new fridge/freezer tonight and I will be taking into account for this shit in the freezer for sure, I got a shelf full of trim and a mother wanting room lol
    Happy jerking brother
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Trex (19-06-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Pmsl
    Your getting the 5 gallon ones yeah they suit the 20 liter black buckets from the grow shops perfect mate and cheap as chips.
    That's funny you saying about the Ice, I feel like a nutter walking out of Iceland with 3 bags of ice in the middle of winter lol, party time I suppose.
    I'm ordering v a new fridge/freezer tonight and I will be taking into account for this shit in the freezer for sure, I got a shelf full of trim and a mother wanting room lol
    Happy jerking brother
    Redz
    Yes. mate, the 5 US gallon ones. I rarely go into the grow shops, but may have to take a visit.

Tesco's sell 2kg bags for £1, and I think 3 will be enough. I've a number of grows to do yet before I'll have enough to make my own bubble hash.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

redisiel (19-06-17), Trex (19-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Yes. mate, the 5 US gallon ones. I rarely go into the grow shops, but may have to take a visit.

Tesco's sell 2kg bags for £1, and I think 3 will be enough. I've a number of grows to do yet before I'll have enough to make my own bubble hash.
    Haha ,i once by accidnent passed just 100% shitty fan leaves ,and got a good return believe it or not , pass them in also ,but watch not to overdue the mixing

Sent from the Land of Fuck OFF !!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

redisiel (19-06-17)

Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    One bucket is all you need Aspie.

When you gt the bags, work out the circumference of the bucket that you'll need. It's easier than trying to guess & having to buy a 2nd one...
    Its not often I disagree with M_C, but I do here (sorry m8).

I use the all mesh type (5 gallon). Work it in the first bucket and then strain it through however many bags you have. Scrape the hash off the bottom and then fit the bags into a new bucket. Take the water from the first bucket and pour it into the second one. No need to work it again, just filter.

I usually do this 3-4 times before pouring the water away. Never had great hash, but I always look at it as something that doesn't cost anything except hard work. Maybe the butane method is better, IDK.

Try the orange B&Q buckets. They do have a small pouring spout, but its never been an issue. My bags fit them OK and the buckets only cost £1 each.
    Now if you`ll excuse me, it`s my lunch time

dougtheheads 3 strain grow Completed.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dougthehead For This Useful Post:

M_C (19-06-17), Trex (19-06-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dougthehead View Post

I use the all mesh type (5 gallon). Work it in the first bucket and then strain it through however many bags you have. Scrape the hash off the bottom and then fit the bags into a new bucket. Take the water from the first bucket and pour it into the second one. No need to work it again, just filter.

I usually do this 3-4 times before pouring the water away. Never had great hash, but I always look at it as something that doesn't cost anything except hard work. Maybe the butane method is better, IDK.

Try the orange B&Q buckets. They do have a small pouring spout, but its never been an issue. My bags fit them OK and the buckets only cost £1 each.
    I've got a number of B&Q buckets, but most have holes drilled into the bottom of them. IIRC they are around 11 or 12 litres in size.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Trex (19-06-17)

Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion!
    Thanks

I've got a number of B&Q buckets, but most have holes drilled into the bottom of them. IIRC they are around 11 or 12 litres in size.
    My local store has them at the entrance. They encorage people to use them to carry their shopping in. Nothing special, just cheap.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dougthehead For This Useful Post:

Trex (19-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dougthehead View Post
    No need to apologise, I'm a bit of a novice myself on bubble hash
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Trex (19-06-17)

Thanks

Anyone try dry ice extraction?

Seems an easier and cleaner method then water. No clogs...

I have the bubble bags already and the local grocery store has dry ice for free (ships with frozen seafood).So when the time comes I'm gonna try it out.

Punch in dry "ice extraction" in YouTube
    I don't know anything... And I can prove it!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CloneBonerStallone For This Useful Post:

Trex (20-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CloneBonerStallone View Post
    Anyone try dry ice extraction?
    FACE, Loki & MrG have all tried that as far as I know?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

CloneBonerStallone (20-06-17), Trex (20-06-17)

farmshop Guest

I've used the bubble bags a few times.. Not that i'm an expert. But had some really good results off kg or 2 of trim. Some people like to freeze there trim, I tried both freezing and drying and the dried trim worked out alot better. Better end product. It was a three bag set off ebay. Yellow blue and purple bags. 5kg of ice, 20l of cold water which I had put in the freezer for a few hours before starting.
    This is the little setup I use....
    A big ol bucket I got from a friends work and the black 12l bucket from home bargins. Chopped the base off it and slide the bags over it. Jobs a good en. I only run a few oz at a time otherwise it's too hard to work with all the ice. Cordless makita drill with a plaster paddle mixer. Put the mixer in the bag first then add your stuff. Try layering the ice and trim otherwise it's a pain to get to the bottom. Fill it up with water. Then let it have it for 15/20 mins. Let it rest for 10. Time to smoke a j.
    Lift out the first bag, get a large spoon, scrape it out of the bottom , put it on a tray of some sort. Repeat with other bags. If there is still water in the bags tap the bag from underneath with the spoon and it starts flowing. It will get less and less grittier as you get to the last bag. Them sets normally come with a square of really fine mesh, press each bags product separate. Loads of pressure to get any water left out of it. I'd normally run that lot once more then on to some fresh stuff.
    I used my fishing kettle to dry it off. Boiled some water init then just reset the pancake of hash on the lid.

Don't throw the bucket with all the run off in it either. Let it settle and syphon the water off and use all the stuff in the bottom. Bits that have fallen through fine mesh.

That's just my 2p if you will. Hope you have fun aspie.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farmshop For This Useful Post:

Trex (21-06-17)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast