Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fabric/smart pot/clay pellet information needed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,030 Times

Default Fabric/smart pot/clay pellet information needed

I will soon be preparing 5 gallon fabric pots for my next grow, with fabric pots there problem is they sit on there run off and the bottom is waterlogged, so i will use a layer of clay pellets on the bottom as a flood precaution on top of those i will lay a coco fibre thing you see in hamging baskets (i have 2 here i can put to this use) then a layer of clay pellets also on the top of my soil for moisture trap and stop the top soil being dried with my light too quick

My question is.... i came across an article that say about a layer of pellets being used in the middle of the soil this prevents nute lock and salt build up, this be useful as fabric pots be almost unable to flush, so 2 question ha

Any more info on using a layer of clay pellets in the middle of the soil???

Any good technique of flushing using fabric pots???

"Real Eyes Realize Real Highs"

“Instead of taking five or six of the prescriptions, I decided to go a natural route and smoke marijuana.”

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

plant don't sit in water for long as the roots take it, no problem mixing soil with perlite or clay pellets

3. The Following User Says Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

THC2017 (06-07-17)

Thanks

Thanks jack, do you know what i mean with a middle layer? Picture this.... clay pellets as a drainage at the bottom, then soil, then the middle layer of clay pellets then more soil, then the clay pellets on top??

“Instead of taking five or six of the prescriptions, I decided to go a natural route and smoke marijuana.”

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

it wont work any better than just mixing into, you can do a side by side or try this on this grow that on next grow, hopefully trial without error

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

THC2017 (06-07-17)

Thanks

Thanks jack

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Feed, feed, flush. Iv had lockout in coco due to being lazy. And with fabric pots. Just water slowly otherwise it will just come out of the sides of the pot

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Namelesscults (10-09-18), THC2017 (06-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    Feed, feed, flush. Iv had lockout in coco due to being lazy. And with fabric pots. Just water slowly otherwise it will just come out of the sides of the pot

feed feed flush? in coco? never had to do that mate, long as am getting enough run off each time i feed am golden. minimum 20% run off never had lock out unless gone to heavy with pk an overfed ( which i have done in past, which then you need a good flush)

i usually do mid flower flush once to freshin up the media that about it
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 06-07-17 at 12:45 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

THC2017 (06-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    feed feed flush? in coco? never had to do that mate, long as am getting enough run off each time i feed am golden.

i usually do mid flower flush once to freshin up the media that about it
    Yes i roughly flush every 3rd or 4th feed. Evan with runoff salts do build up. But thats in my experiance. I find its stain dependent and how high of ec you feed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

THC2017 (06-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Feed, feed, feed in coco. As long as you are getting enough run off then salt build up shouldn't ever be an issue
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

15. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

THC2017 (06-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    Yes i roughly flush every 3rd or 4th feed. Evan with runoff salts do build up. But thats in my experiance. I find its stain dependent and how high of ec you feed.

theres no need at all bro, feed in the water every time mate. you treatin it like soil that way.

doesnt matter what strain it is or ec imho

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

M_C (06-07-17), THC2017 (06-07-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast