Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sweat swab test

Thanks

I'm 0rrtty sure I'm buggered if I get caught, I dare not ask anyone about that drugs test because it looks a bit suspicious lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    I'm 0rrtty sure I'm buggered if I get caught, I dare not ask anyone about that drugs test because it looks a bit suspicious lol
    When they attempted to introduce random drug testing at my place of work, I was the first one banging down HR's door asking for a copy of their policy on it. By law, these things have to be included in the staff handbook. Never mind about feeling guilty about the fact that you smoke outside of work time, they have a legal obligation to provide you with access to any drug testing policy that they wish to employ...

The upside, for me, was that, when reading through their policy, I realised they had dropped a huge clanger - the clue was in post #10
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Welshgorrilla (11-07-17)

Thanks

It's a bloody nuisance isn't it, it's not like I'd dare coming into work actually high. I always make sure I have a few days off work after so I know I'm safe.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

M_C (11-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    It's a bloody nuisance isn't it, it's not like I'd dare coming into work actually high. I always make sure I have a few days off work after so I know I'm safe.
    Surprisingly, drug testing has never been challenged against Article 8 of The Human Rights Act (the right to a private life). Who is your company to tell you what you can, or can not do at home?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Surprisingly, drug testing has never been challenged against Article 8 of The Human Rights Act (the right to a private life). Who is your company to tell you what you can, or can not do at home?
    Pretty much spot on. But we have had workers turn up at 7am still pissed from the previous night and you can't have that at a large building site. All depends where you work too. But yeah if they did happen to call you out for it after a test, your statement is spot on. If your using harder drugs then again, the same rule as alcohol would apply mostly.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

M_C (11-07-17), Welshgorrilla (11-07-17)

Thanks

When they attempted to introduce random drug testing at my place of work, I was the first one banging down HR's door asking for a copy of their policy on it. By law, these things have to be included in the staff handbook. Never mind about feeling guilty about the fact that you smoke outside of work time, they have a legal obligation to provide you with access to any drug testing policy that they wish to employ...

The upside, for me, was that, when reading through their policy, I realised they had dropped a huge clanger - the clue was in post #10
    As mc said same in my old place in fact I'll name it as it's going down the pan anyway haha Tata steel all employees that had been there over 5 years were not subject to tests something to do with the union and a company can not dictate what u do out side work hours new employees how ever had a different set of rules so Tata if ur reading fuck u I cheated on the teats and stick ur job up ur arse (I got layed off) 😂😁😂😆😅😂😁

The Healthy Choice ♨

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Blunt View Post
    Pretty much spot on. But we have had workers turn up at 7am still pissed from the previous night and you can't have that at a large building site. All depends where you work too. But yeah if they did happen to call you out for it after a test, your statement is spot on. If your using harder drugs then again, the same rule as alcohol would apply mostly.
    We have a breathalyser at work, none of the guys object to that, what they object to is urine testing for drugs that can bring up history of cannabis use for up to 60 days previously.

Who would accept an alcohol breathalyser that blew positive up to 60 days later?

So, basically, I agree with you, turn up to work out of your face & you should face disciplinary action (we drive some pretty large MHE that's reaching for fully loaded pallets at 40 feet up) - but, what you do in your own time should never be monitored by your employers.

The sooner that they bring in a drug breathalyser that shows if you are actually 'under the influence' of drugs, the better!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Admiral (11-07-17)

Thanks

We have a breathalyser at work, none of the guys object to that, what they object to is urine testing for drugs that can bring up history of cannabis use for up to 60 days previously.

Who would accept an alcohol breathalyser that blew positive up to 60 days later?

So, basically, I agree with you, turn up to work out of your face & you should face disciplinary action (we drive some pretty large MHE that's reaching for fully loaded pallets at 40 feet up) - but, what you do in your own time should never be monitored by your employers.

The sooner that they bring in a drug breathalyser that shows if you are actually 'under the influence' of drugs, the better!
    Think the problem there is how certain drugs are taken and metabolised alcohol leaves body through urine and sweat different to thc and say opiates

The Healthy Choice ♨

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Welshgorrilla For This Useful Post:

M_C (11-07-17)

Thanks

It is pretty dire but there's been many an employee sacked where I am, albeit mainly for alcohol abuse which to be fair is pretty just as it doesn't stay in the system long and we do drive so obviously can't be under the influence in any way.

The fact cannabis can be detected for bloody months though is ridiculous, we do indeed need a better test!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

M_C (11-07-17), Welshgorrilla (11-07-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2