Thread: First time backyard grow SOUTH EAST ENGLAND

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default First time backyard grow SOUTH EAST ENGLAND

Hi I'm looking to grow one plant In my back garden so far I have germinated one seed into a seed bed and lightly covered the hole with a pinchful of soil and then put it in a warm dark cupboard. If my seed survives will it have a chance of growing in south east England also the seed purchased is a auto flowering and was advised it would grow okay. Could I get some opinions on whether this is the correct start and does my plant have a chance of growing. Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coopergreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-17), Valentina (02-07-18)

Thanks

Follow what these guys on here are saying it'll do ok, for sure it will grow just like any other plant

Thanks

We’re a bit north of London and for the past few years we’ve planted some straight into our garden, not from seed though. We’ve not bothered with any feeding or cutting back bits, just covered when trying to keep them warm. Mother Nature on her own has worked for us and my other half is still smoking it from last year. This this though I’d like to do it in the most efficient way as I’d like to use some medicinally as well as smoking. Have you got a cloche or a cold frame to help it get started and established?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

dude thats sketchy

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times

Im growing in my back garden and im in county durham. Wether is perfect at the minute.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks

I’m growing autos (fast eddy automatic) in my back garden: I’m in the SE UK (London/Kent borders). They’re blooming after approx 6 weeks. Last year I didn’t use autos & they fecked up due to street-light pollution. I started these autos indoors in propagators then planted 3 out into a 10 gallon fabric pot. One died due
    to either insect damage or breakage at stem. I’ve planted in homegrown compost & they’re doing well. Am feeding with tomato feed. I expect to harvest towards end of July (so about 12 weeks seed to harvest).

I’ve just planted out two more auto seedlings (Quick One Autos) and I hope to harvest those in about 10 - 12 weeks. I know you’re supposed not to replant autos but I can’t risk slugs/snails eating new seeds in a night (I lost whole crop of lettuce seedlings in one night). To protect my plants I spray liberally with a garlic water mix (stop the slugs) and soapy water if I spot aphids.

So yep, so far, I gotta say Autos in the SE will do well, and current weather is perfect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to annoyingmouse For This Useful Post:

Valentina (11-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elleinad View Post
    this though I’d like to do it in the most efficient way as I’d like to use some medicinally as well as smoking.
    I’m growing CBD rich autos, mainly for neuropathic pain relief. I don’t smoke it, I use a vape and this seems a pretty clean way to ingest it. (Rather than laborious way of making canna butter). I’m still using my poor crop (late flowering) from last year, I think this years CBD+ autos will have much better results.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Slug pellets and chicken wire is a must for outside growing bud😉

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    Slug pellets and chicken wire is a must for outside growing bud��

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒
    no slug pellets in my garden; don't want to kill the visiting toads & frogs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to annoyingmouse For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (02-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,032 Times

mine have 12 hrs in an average of 35 degrees sat on the patio in this sunshine, then 12 hrs dark in the tent, and they,re loving it