Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Didn't expect it... Kidney disease/failure

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Only just came upon this thread and read it from start to finish "well sorry finish is not the appropriate word" start to date, a very emotional read made more difficult through tears god bless you and of course your friend Valentina and all that are giving you advice, i only wish i myself was more experienced and had the knowledge to throw my hat in, i have said before on the talk in the past that it is a shame that we couldn't set up some type of discreet donation bank for cases such as this as what i lack in positive knowledge i could sure make up for in the form of a good quality bud donation, once again god bless you Valentina and all concerned, good luck for the future, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-08-18), Valentina (04-08-18), WhIpLaSh (04-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

A long overdue update:

Looks like the Fat Lady is warming up.

Don't really know what else to say!

At a glance he is scrawny but within the "normal" weights but the symptoms are undeniable that things are going south.

I am keeping him "oiled up" (hmm...) as much as we can and I reckon the actual oil itself is providing some calories.

Ducking clucks that ... well. Ducking clucks.

Thank you all for the support and help with the grows. Honest to all that is holy I hope this is just another bump in the road.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-12-19), Greengrass (05-12-19), IceCalibur (04-12-19), M_C (04-12-19), Trex (04-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    A long overdue update:

At a glance he is scrawny but within the "normal" weights but the symptoms are undeniable that things are going south.

I am keeping him "oiled up" (hmm...) as much as we can and I reckon the actual oil itself is providing some calories.

Thank you all for the support and help with the grows. Honest to all that is holy I hope this is just another bump in the road.
    Ahh shit eh . Thats too bad .
    Any hope of a transplant Val ? .

My mom found out her and her siblings all have Hemachrematosis ffs . I may very well have it too . Would explain alot of weird things goin on in my system

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-12-19), IceCalibur (04-12-19), M_C (04-12-19), Valentina (04-12-19)

7. Default

A long overdue update:

Sorry to read this Val..the fact he has you helping him is honestly such a wonderful thing, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both that it's just another bump in the road.

Sending my positives vibes to you and the person you're caring for.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-12-19), M_C (04-12-19), Valentina (04-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Ahh shit eh . Thats too bad .
    Any hope of a transplant Val ? .

My mom found out her and her siblings all have Hemachrematosis ffs . I may very well have it too . Would explain alot of weird things goin on in my system

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Thanks Trex. Sorry to hear of your family situation. At least for women we bleed, but for blokes, can you give blood to offload the iron...?

Transplant is out of the question for us.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Sorry to read this Val..the fact he has you helping him is honestly such a wonderful thing, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both that it's just another bump in the road.

Sending my positives vibes to you and the person you're caring for.
    Thanks Ice. Some times I look back and wonder where and how did I get the strength or courage to grow, besides that it is the last ditch effort to sustain him. It's been a wild ride and I have gained/grown a lot on this journey too.

The thoughts I have now are hard to put into words, because it bounces from the mundane to absurd, the light and the dark. Some say that meditation works, but not for my second and a half concentration span, which is why I have taken to smoking a little, and it does help somewhat.

From the get go of this journey it was "any minute now" to at best a few months. Then here we are nearly 2 and a half years on, thinking that "minute" could be just around the corner; but it is no different from every single day when we step on a bus or walk on a bridge, we just don't know what we may see or if any it might send us into the Next Realm.

There is a saying which I am going to paraphrase, "hope for the best, prepare for the worst". Truth be known I am PETRIFIED from looking at all the bad scenarios and am not really seeing much of the good.

The best I can do now is to keep him fed and comfortable to the best of my ability. Getting a "grown up's tent" and the kit to grow has certainly pushed the boundaries for me. Just looking back now at how far we have come, and how good it has been to have the Talk with us. Thanks again.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

AND (05-12-19), CityDweller (06-09-22), GEORGE (04-12-19), IceCalibur (04-12-19), M_C (04-12-19)

Thanks

Hi all. Our patient transitioned into spirit world yesterday at around 3pm UK time. His body just plain gave out, despite his spirit strong.

Thanks everyone for the support and banter and everything else here. Without you all this journey would have been even more arduous.

Thanks to the sacred herb, his life was extended, almost doubled, even if it's still a bit short. Praise Lord Shiva for His herb, and thanks Santa Muerte for ferrying him.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

barney_b (07-09-22), Bethmeg (07-09-22), Blue61 (07-09-22), CheapHomeGrown (06-09-22), CityDweller (06-09-22), Deku Nut (06-09-22), Easy-T (07-09-22), GEORGE (06-09-22), IceCalibur (06-09-22), M_C (07-09-22), queequeg (06-09-22), scoot (07-09-22), TightNugs (06-09-22)

13. Default

Hi all. Our patient transitioned into spirit world yesterday at around 3pm UK time. His body just plain gave out, despite his spirit strong.

Thanks everyone for the support and banter and everything else here. Without you all this journey would have been even more arduous.

Thanks to the sacred herb, his life was extended, almost doubled, even if it's still a bit short. Praise Lord Shiva for His herb, and thanks Santa Muerte for ferrying him.
    I'm so sorry to read this Val, and although your post is very sad it is nice to see you peek in, we were fondly chatting about you with Blue just today.

My deepest condolences to you and your family at this difficult time.

I hope you are well.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

barney_b (07-09-22), Bethmeg (07-09-22), Blue61 (07-09-22), CheapHomeGrown (06-09-22), CityDweller (06-09-22), Deku Nut (06-09-22), Easy-T (07-09-22), GEORGE (06-09-22), queequeg (06-09-22), scoot (07-09-22), TightNugs (06-09-22), Valentina (06-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Condolences Val. Nice to see you about.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

barney_b (07-09-22), Blue61 (07-09-22), CheapHomeGrown (06-09-22), Deku Nut (06-09-22), Easy-T (07-09-22), GEORGE (06-09-22), IceCalibur (06-09-22), scoot (07-09-22)

Thanks

Thanks, Ice. It's still a bit raw one minute, surreal the next.

What a crazy ride it was, and I have very fondly cherished memories.

My Thai roommate is on her green diet, but suddenly I am a bit lost as to "what next?"

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

barney_b (07-09-22), Blue61 (07-09-22), CheapHomeGrown (06-09-22), CityDweller (06-09-22), Deku Nut (06-09-22), Easy-T (07-09-22), GEORGE (06-09-22), IceCalibur (06-09-22), scoot (07-09-22)

Thanks

Hi CityD, it's been a while. Thanks. Congrats on getting the blue.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

barney_b (07-09-22), Blue61 (07-09-22), CheapHomeGrown (06-09-22), CityDweller (06-09-22), Deku Nut (06-09-22), Easy-T (07-09-22), GEORGE (06-09-22), IceCalibur (06-09-22), scoot (07-09-22)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast