Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Didn't expect it... Kidney disease/failure

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    Sorry to hear that val
    Thanks. It is gut wrenching and I don't really have the words to say much more. It's like I have a zillion things to say and yet no volumes of books can contain all of it. It's like bad things just have to happen to the good, the sweet, the kind, the innocent, the genuine, the harmless.

Thank you for your support and everyone here. I wish that the laws (as well as attitudes) were different and I was able to provide some medication to my friend to alleviate his condition with more than just CBD.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

G' (04-08-18), GEORGE (29-11-17), Karsa (26-10-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Thanks. It is gut wrenching and I don't really have the words to say much more. It's like I have a zillion things to say and yet no volumes of books can contain all of it. It's like bad things just have to happen to the good, the sweet, the kind, the innocent, the genuine, the harmless.

Thank you for your support and everyone here. I wish that the laws (as well as attitudes) were different and I was able to provide some medication to my friend to alleviate his condition with more than just CBD.
    Don't we all. Cannabis helps me with my issues mentally and physically and others too. I have a friend with MS that I supply his weed for as he is only entitled to sativex which has next to nothing available in it. Be far better if the world took a look at itself and see what's working and apply it to their own countries. I really feel for you and your friend. It's never nice and you are right, the ones who don't deserve it suffer more than those who don't...

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

G' (04-08-18), GEORGE (29-11-17), Valentina (26-10-17)

Chew Guest

Someone I know has just been diagnosed with kidney failure, he just got the blood test results today.

I am hoping that CBD oils/paste/balm would help with his sleep and appetite, but would like to know if anyone out there has had experience in this?

Would CBD work better alone, or better in conjunction with THC?

Thanks everyone.
    Just a quick update:

We have tried CBD oil, balm as well as paste. The oil and the balm seem to work best so that is what we will be sticking to. His appetite has improved and even gained a little weight. Vomiting started again after one day's stoppage on the CBD. So I guess we will be using it everyday until we need to make adjustments again.
    It's been a month and some things have got better and some not.

The ONE thing known for certain is that the vomiting comes back when the CBD is stopped or dialled back.

Then there is the issue with appetite. It is slowly decreasing and we are struggling to keep his weight from falling again.

We're fighting till the end though. Just that some days are harder than others.
    Where are you getting the CBD oil from and do you have any THC oil to hand?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-11-17), joker_the_smoker (10-11-17), Karsa (10-11-17), Valentina (12-11-17)

Thanks

Thanks Chew.

The CBD oils are from CBD Brothers. Depends on how he is we switch between the oil and their paste.

Making RSO of our own is out of the question, as we have neighbours ALL AROUND.

Will THC basically amp up the effects of the CBD, by way of the entourage effect? Sorry, I am really very much a noob, and thanks again for your help.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

G' (04-08-18), GEORGE (29-11-17)

Chew Guest

Thanks Chew.

The CBD oils are from CBD Brothers. Depends on how he is we switch between the oil and their paste.

Making RSO of our own is out of the question, as we have neighbours ALL AROUND.

Will THC basically amp up the effects of the CBD, by way of the entourage effect? Sorry, I am really very much a noob, and thanks again for your help.
    Indeed. You don't need much. THC works very well for pain, increased appetite, sleep and nausea. These oils must be costing a small fortune, have you considered growing? If you could grow your own, you can play around with ratio's and find what works best for him

I assume the issue with making your own oil is the smell from decarbing? I have this problem too. I decarb before i extract and even using roasting bags in the oven, the house stinks! The way i got around this was buying a mini oven. I paid £50 for small 9 litre oven which is inside my spare grow tent with extraction and filter running. No smells any more

You can't boil off the solvent in there though. I don't worry about anyone smelling solvent fumes though.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-11-17), Karsa (12-11-17), Twisted (12-11-17), Valentina (12-11-17)

Thanks

Thanks, Chew.

On another thread there was a question regarding decarbing. I chimed in as I wanted to know if decarbing is something that just had to be done whilst dry in the oven, or, can it be done if time was on our side and just let it cure and cure and cure.

My concern with making RSO is the solvent removal. I have ideas about recondensing the vapour at home, but it is all a bit pie in the sky and are just ideas in my head. Whilst you're here, what volume of isopropyl alcohol is needed for how much vegetable matter if we take that route?

I like your idea of having a mini oven in the grow tent. I hadn't thought of that, but was wondering about pressure cookers. That way we can achieve 120 deg C without any oven, but, we have never owned or used a pressure cooker! So that is another thing to find out about.

For us we are in unchartered territories. CBD has helped us a lot and thankfully a little goes a long way, and has given him some quality of life too. If we are going along the growing route, we are looking at making oil by slow cooking the whole plant. We are still researching the recipe, noise and odour control, security and so on.

One woman on youtube, cherryhazemedibles, suggested 125ml coconut oil to quarter ounce of weed, slowly bake that at 100 degrees for 2 hours, then drain into pyrex bowl and decarb in oven at 120 deg C for 30-40 minutes. I know this is her recipe, but in your opinion can the drain be done at the end? It would save one step of the transfer and less oil would be lost.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Thanks, Chew.

On another thread there was a question regarding decarbing. I chimed in as I wanted to know if decarbing is something that just had to be done whilst dry in the oven, or, can it be done if time was on our side and just let it cure and cure and cure.

My concern with making RSO is the solvent removal. I have ideas about recondensing the vapour at home, but it is all a bit pie in the sky and are just ideas in my head. Whilst you're here, what volume of isopropyl alcohol is needed for how much vegetable matter if we take that route?

I like your idea of having a mini oven in the grow tent. I hadn't thought of that, but was wondering about pressure cookers. That way we can achieve 120 deg C without any oven, but, we have never owned or used a pressure cooker! So that is another thing to find out about.

For us we are in unchartered territories. CBD has helped us a lot and thankfully a little goes a long way, and has given him some quality of life too. If we are going along the growing route, we are looking at making oil by slow cooking the whole plant. We are still researching the recipe, noise and odour control, security and so on.

One woman on youtube, cherryhazemedibles, suggested 125ml coconut oil to quarter ounce of weed, slowly bake that at 100 degrees for 2 hours, then drain into pyrex bowl and decarb in oven at 120 deg C for 30-40 minutes. I know this is her recipe, but in your opinion can the drain be done at the end? It would save one step of the transfer and less oil would be lost.

You can take fresh harvest and put it straight in the oven to dry and decarb but, I feel slow dried and cured gives a better end product. That’s just my opinion though and I don’t have anything to back that up other than my own personal experience and with many others I’ve given oil to. But I wouldn’t hesitate to dry in the oven if needs must

I’ve extracted around 100 oz in the passed 18 months all with ISO. Providing you boil off correctly, you have nothing to worry about. I use 99.9 % food grade. You only need enough ISO to cover the contents but you need to do two washes.

Don’t smoke or vape with ISO oil though. Keep it for oral use

Yes you can decarb in a pressure cooker. I’ve not done it myself but I do speak to others that have recently started doing it this way. You don’t really want to go over 110c though

Infused oils do work well but my preference is ISO extraction. I like to know exactly what dose I’m giving people and I also believe you extract more.

Fresh harvest infused oil is another story though but that a conversation for another time.

How you make you oil is your choice and use what ever method you’re comfortable with. As long as he’s getting the meds into his system that’s all that matters

I wouldn’t use coconut oil for the carrier. Coconut oil is medium chained and will take the cannabinoids straight to the liver to be metabolised which you do not want. Extra virgin olive oil is a better choice because it’s long chained and will get more meds passed without being metabolised.

You will want to use Sunflower Liquid Lecithin too and put it through a hot and cold cycle. This creates liposomal encapsulation.

Suppositories are the best delivery method. Inserted shallow will avoid the first pass through the liver.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-11-17), Valentina (12-11-17)

Thanks

Thank you, Chew! Much appreciated!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

4th month update
    ===========

Everything is generally stable, no new bloodwork as we did not want to subject him to another visit to the clinic. He is already living for longer than the median life expectancy of those with his numbers so he is winning in a way. Everyday we get to have him with us is a blessing. Cannabis oils have helped us a lot. Thank you all who have given us advice.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

5th Month Update
    ===========

He has lost a little weight and is a bit scrawny now. But he is in good spirits and at a glance you wouldn't know he was so ill. We are at that crossroads where we have to face the hard question of, do I give him foods that he likes but may well reduce what is left of his life expectancy; or do we fight on with prescribed meals which he hates, but we get to have him around for longer?

Needless to say Cannabis has been giving us miracles and I am forever grateful.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

G' (04-08-18)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast