Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbitts RDWC build, so many questions

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

The spray bars I used was 20mm waste pipe the white long stuff. Cheap cheerful and easy to trim.

After this next one I'm hoping to rebuild mine with all new pipes.

I sealed mine but if you cut holes big enough for the tank connectors to slide in and out you only need the rubber washer to seal them. I think I use 40mm returns I'll link my thread of my build there's no pics of ut there's everything I bought.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=149871

Jesse obviously had a much more refined build than me however I went with what worked for me.

When I do the loft into a giant tent I'll do similar to Jesse.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fwank; 02-08-17 at 08:49 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    You don't need 32mm stuff, it will make zero difference,
    and 22mm bits are readily available from screwfix. b&Q etc, and will provide higher pressure for the spray bars (acceleration of liquid thru smaller diameter is quicker than larger diameter pipes, given the same thrust at source)

Why make life complicated?
    Cheers mate I had a similar thoughts on pressure I wondered if people were using bigger for less friction. Any ive bought it all now and I know that it will work as i followed a fair few of Jesses grows. Woulda been soo much cheaper using 20mm ( we dont get 22 here). Im just waiting on some seals and Im good to go. Bloody cost me a fortune as well. I havent added it all up yet but im up around $500 for everything including 2x 80 ltr tubs and pump. I made a start on the flooring for my groom tonight as Im putting in a false floor with the grow chamber sunk into it so i can lay my returns and also cause i needed to come up at least 200mm so i can run my pipes out one of the vents in my tent. Im gunna put the res outside the groom as its tidier and I dont have the space.

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fwank View Post
    The spray bars I used was 20mm waste pipe the white long stuff. Cheap cheerful and easy to trim.

After this next one I'm hoping to rebuild mine with all new pipes.

I sealed mine but if you cut holes big enough for the tank connectors to slide in and out you only need the rubber washer to seal them. I think I use 40mm returns I'll link my thread of my build there's no pics of ut there's everything I bought.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=149871

Jesse obviously had a much more refined build than me however I went with what worked for me.

When I do the loft into a giant tent I'll do similar to Jesse.

Cheers mate, yeah Jesse went all out and that kinda suits my personality. I wanna do it once and once only lol. Keep you all updated as I go Im taking pics and all so I can document the build.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Cheers mate, yeah Jesse went all out and that kinda suits my personality. I wanna do it once and once only lol. Keep you all updated as I go Im taking pics and all so I can document the build.
    I definitely agree. Just problems that arose with mine that need sorting out.

Like I want misters on the spray bars and something to increase dissolved oxygen.

I also want more boxes, closer together. So 4 in the tent and then my reservoir moved outside the tent as my pump now has a pipe connector on it so it can suck water out and up over the sides.

Hobbit Guest

I had good sucess with aeroponics mate loved that little diy system. The only drama is misters can get clogged but possibly a finer inline filter than I had may stop that. Not that it was a biggy it was rare one got clogged. The beauty of it was I could go away for a few days once the res ws stable. The biggest downside ws tat if ya have a power out or a pump fooks up your screwed. Thats why i like this RDWC it wont be as stressful wondering if everything is humming while your not home. Im pretty much gunna go same as Jesse the only differences will be that Im using 20mm not 22mm, Im only gunna have 3 inlets to the spray bar cause you cant buy a 4 way + junction here and Im gunna have 2 return pipes into the res for the same reason. The only other change Im making is im gunna put a 15mm tap into the flower chamber to empty it right out for res changes.

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fwank View Post
    I definitely agree. Just problems that arose with mine that need sorting out.

Like I want misters on the spray bars and something to increase dissolved oxygen.

I also want more boxes, closer together. So 4 in the tent and then my reservoir moved outside the tent as my pump now has a pipe connector on it so it can suck water out and up over the sides.

Also mate I know Jesse didn't do it in that vid but he usually has fook off big air stones under the plant to keep the roots floating of the bottom, You could do the same if your after more oxygen. Jesse rekons there wasn't a difference between having just the bars and the bars and stones

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Also mate I know Jesse didn't do it in that vid but he usually has fook off big air stones under the plant to keep the roots floating of the bottom, You could do the same if your after more oxygen. Jesse rekons there wasn't a difference between having just the bars and the bars and stones
    Issue I have with airstones is the extra plug!

I have my main tent then a mother tent that's in a bubble box so my plugs are literally full.

I've been investigating different ways to get it done.

Looked at barrels with clay pebbles half way down and a return at the bottom and pump sprays it over the plant then drips down to the bottom and returns and all the usual ways.

I'm so indecisive haha.

Hobbit Guest

Haha yeah plugs is always an issue. I got 4 power outlets in my shed and Everything is power packed of them and I still need more.

Hobbit Guest

Thanks to every one who gave me input, the build is done and was a success. Apart from too many extra trips to the hardware store for extra bits was smooth as... I will do a thread on the build but here is a couple pics of the finished product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1055.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	349320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1060.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	349321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1061.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	349322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1062.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	349323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1063.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	349324  

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Buttercup (02-11-17), Dazmandaz (04-08-17), ggotch (04-08-17), joker_the_smoker (10-08-17), redisiel (05-08-17), Trex (07-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

great job there hobbit im looking at stepping into the rdwc game myself and looking at building my own as well .cant wait to see your plans and photos on how you did it as all the other builds seem to have there photos with held now cos of photobucket . i may be tapping you up for some pointers in the future

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

ggotch (04-08-17), redisiel (05-08-17)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast