Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You guys should use HTTPS

Thanks

True that. When I worked in Rumbelowes years ago (showing my age now) ...a guy walked in with a white coat, clipboard and sack barrow, hoinked up a fridge, wrote something on his clipboard, and walked out with it and no-one batted an eyelid lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BongJovi For This Useful Post:

British green (24-08-17), M_C (24-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeful View Post
    The NSA do have backdoors nobody else knows about (0days) - and I'm willing to bet they put some of them there.

But, to be on their hit list you're a serious criminal that they're specifically targeting. That's not what I was getting it. Without HTTPS on the site you're allowing Government agencies to sift through users data at any time they like and it's all there in plain text. With HTTPS that becomes impossible.

It was just a suggestion anyway. I work in security, and it's standard practice on every web server I provision to use SSL. It would definitely be more beneficial to use HTTPS than it would to not use it.
    Sniffed does mean cracked They still haven't cracked the AES-256 key. I can sniff wifi packets flying all around me, but I can't read them. They're encrypted. Same thing.
    I fully understand what you are saying, and I'm not trying to be awkward

But, getting back to your original point, I asked Inky a few month back the same question, she took the question to the site programmer & he said it wasn't worth it... & I'm inclined to agree.
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (24-08-17), Bud Lightyear (24-08-17), Smokeful (25-08-17), Trex (25-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

been very anti establishment all my adult life, have never paid into the system, it appears I need hits of endorphin everyday, challenged the tax man and the law and everyone in between. I filled with dread come 1984 and soon realised with the rise of the internet big brother is well and truly here, the new world order is being set in place as we talk and is nothing anyone can do about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

M_C (24-08-17)

Keeno Guest

Like Sir Lightyear ive been here years. Posted tons of pics and vids, in which i speak. I order all my equipment online, no security whatsoever. If anyone gonna get a knock its me and i havent and wont. With all the cuts and things going on around the world they haven't the time nor money for a site full of percy growers.

Im not worried, never have been, never will be. Use what you see fit security wise but if they want you they get you simples. But that wont come from this site. We have rules and enforce them to keep it that way.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

British green (24-08-17), Bud Lightyear (24-08-17), EaZiE (24-08-17), M_C (24-08-17), Trex (25-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Just to add...Its not deemed in the public interest as per instructed by the government to the cps to target or prosecute percy growers with a minimal amount of plants....Obviously the old bill are obligated to act on information received from the general public in relation to informant tipoffs. 8 out of 10 percy growers will receive a caution unless you have form for drugs or a long criminal record...I was told by a very close friend whos step dad is a serving cop that a caution counts as what they call a detect so it looks good on the clear up rates so most forces in the uk are happy to deal with it in that manner...

Regards BL

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

British green (24-08-17), M_C (24-08-17), Trex (25-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    But anyway, it's all getting a little geeky for the average member... suffice it to say, if the authorities want your data, then they will get it
    No shit ,im fucking lost in oblivion here tbh .

My organic diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=158556

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

M_C (25-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    been very anti establishment all my adult life, have never paid into the system, it appears I need hits of endorphin everyday, challenged the tax man and the law and everyone in between. I filled with dread come 1984 and soon realised with the rise of the internet big brother is well and truly here, the new world order is being set in place as we talk and is nothing anyone can do about it.
    We are in 1984 , most just dont know it yet is all .

My organic diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=158556

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

M_C (25-08-17), Smokeful (25-08-17)

Thanks

Without HTTPS on the site you're allowing Government agencies to sift through users data at any time they like and it's all there in plain text.
    This an absolutely incorrect, misleading statement. First define a few terms.

Sift: The communications would first need to be stored, before any sifting might occur. There are interesting ways of finding things you might be looking for on the network in real-time, but that would mean targeted investigations using considerable government resources. NSA? Weed growers? Really? Which begs the question - exactly what kind of data are we talking about?

Data: Stored or Comm? It means communications data in this example. More specifically page requests from a web server. Whether or not it is encrypted does not hide the fact this is a MJ site. Like hundreds, if not thousands other similarly legally operating web sites all over the world. What's in that data? Mostly page requests and error messages. Who cares?

Time: This goes hand-in-hand with the distinction between live messaging data and stored data. It also relates to the old ISP-marketing data collection conundrum ill-informed, paranoid lunatics like to harp on. Legally obtained stored data related to comm/messaging is only metadata. There is no personally-identifiable information contained in it. It is not outside the realm of possibility a targeted investigation would with a proper warrant, obtain fully fleshed messaging data. But like I said earlier in the thread, if they are looking for/at you, you've already got bigger problems. If not, you're just paranoid.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acewiza For This Useful Post:

M_C (25-08-17), Trex (25-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Percy uk growing is pretty much legal. Providing theres no evidence for selling or farms etc. If anything this site can protect you from the law. Why because theres rules that are followed.

If you dont follow them your banned. Stay under 8 plants and youll be fine. The police have bigger thnings to think about and just dont want to be commiting resorces to fighting percy cannabis grows.

Theres news articles which have said that most reports dont evan get followed up on providing theres no other suspicious activity in place.

Ohh and btw if your really paranoid qubes os with whonix is known to be the most secure way to browse and then though a online vps. Evan then its vunrable because every system is. And the mere fact that your going out your way to hide can get you a knock on the door these days. So be carefull.

And please dont bother with the deep web/tor its a discusting vile place what you shouldnt contribute to. I hope one day white hats will be able to take it down.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    Percy uk growing is pretty much legal. Providing theres no evidence for selling or farms etc. If anything this site can protect you from the law. Why because theres rules that are followed.

If you dont follow them your banned. Stay under 8 plants and youll be fine. The police have bigger thnings to think about and just dont want to be commiting resorces to fighting percy cannabis grows.

Theres news articles which have said that most reports dont evan get followed up on providing theres no other suspicious activity in place.

Ohh and btw if your really paranoid qubes os with whonix is known to be the most secure way to browse and then though a online vps. Evan then its vunrable because every system is. And the mere fact that your going out your way to hide can get you a knock on the door these days. So be carefull.

And please dont bother with the deep web/tor its a discusting vile place what you shouldnt contribute to. I hope one day white hats will be able to take it down.

Majority of dark markets have been seized. I used to check them every now and then see what people were selling.

Never bought anything but nearly all the big players are gone. Very few markets open now.

And they have information of buyers too in the recent overtakes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast