Thread: Mycorrhizal fungi - are they all they are hyped up to be?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Default Mycorrhizal fungi - are they all they are hyped up to be?

I have been using that in my chilli grows and have had mixed results.

First season: Together with a high nitrogen feed I had LAUGHABLY GIGANTIC leaves but very few flowers.

Last year: Dialled back on the nitrogen and had a few chillies, but climate was not on my side and they weren't nearly as spicy as I had hoped.

This year: No meaningful results from this year's chillies yet due to pests and poor weather. I have lowered the nitrogen, upped the phosphorus and so far have some flower buds but hard to say what the yield would be as it is fairly late in the season.

Whether or not any of that translates onto other plants is anyone's guess. But has anyone used them and what are your results?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

if we all start using mycorrhizal and trichoderma it could reverse climate change, i'm a believer I thought about making my own but I think its a little above my ability

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-11-18), Valentina (27-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

One of my chilies is also struggling on flowering, gonna pop her in the grow room, with the light dialed down to 150w, for a week or two, see what happens...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Yes i would say its worth it, look up rhizosphere.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    One of my chilies is also struggling on flowering, gonna pop her in the grow room, with the light dialed down to 150w, for a week or two, see what happens...
    You gonna have to get them as close to the light as poss mate, chillis like hotter climates than canna, I put my lemon drop chillis in my tent and the got really lanky. They are producing well now that they are on a sunny East facing windowsill tho, I did notice that all my chillis had slowed down and had some fruits but were not getting bigger. I watered with some OT bloom and PK and they all started throwing out more flowers and they all have lots more fruits now.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-11-18), Valentina (28-08-17)