Thread: What part of Oregon is the best place

Thanks

Default What part of Oregon is the best place

Thinking of moving to Oregon to grow, was wondering if anyone knows an area where growers are or good town to grow in

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grower811 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-20)

Thanks

I live in Oregon and recently moved to Central Oregon from the Eugene area. I highly recommend if you can establish a greenhouse, it would be your best solution, unless you are planning on growing indoors. Eugene is very open to growers. The only issue I had growing outdoors was the rain usually starting in late August/early September which can cause mold. If you keep your plants in pots or are able to put them in a greenhouse, you are in good shape. Central Oregon is tricky, as it is can get very cold in the evenings. Towards flowering you need to protect them from frost, which the greenhouse has helped greatly. I have heard that southern Oregon is a good place to grow. Ashland is a very liberal town as well as some of the smaller towns around there. Oregon is a beautiful state to live in!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Egoncat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-20)

Thanks

If you get a little closer to the coast the temps will be a little warmer at night, and less likely to freeze later in the season, from the influence of the ocean. Get out of the fog belt and into the "Banana Belt" which is a few to 30 miles miles inland from the coast. You'll get some fog at night, burning off early to warm days. Used to live in Humboldt County, I was only a couple blocks from the ocean and had the fog roll in every day about 4PM and burn off about 10AM, but it almost never froze until late November or early December. I grew in an outdoor greenhouse, great bud, never had any mold problems, but the guy's growing just inland from me grew some world class skunkweed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-20)