Thread: john innes no 3

Thanks

Default john innes no 3

as one or two of you may know ive been collecting up bits ready to get going again in the next fortnight [waiting for seeds!] so im doing everything ready for the beans dropping onto my door mat what iv done this morning is order a hi lo thermometer/hydrometer £4.99 [flea bay] and the cheapest ph pen i could find [red £8.99 flea bay again!] then ive bin in search of soil and was amazed by the total lack of it in the shops! but then for regular growers the seasons over aint it? didnt want to use the grow shop because the one near me is not a good one and there isnt 1 bargain in the whole shop so i went to a local cash and carry and brought 6 5 liter bags of john innes no 3 for heavy feeding plants such as spuds and toms according to the blurb ill be doing the paper towel germ followed by peat pellets then into the john innes and small pots to get established can any 1 see a flaw in this? if so please point it out to me many thanx popeye ;]

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

john innis no3 is too strong for seedlings .
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Griffis Guest

I'm with wert on this one, You want to start of in Innes seedling soil, then repot into innes 2, and finish in 3. I've had seedlings wither and die because of the wrong compost. If you dont want to do loads of repotting plant in a big pot, and have a layer of 3 on the bottom, followed by a layer of 2, and a thick layer of 1 or seedling on the top

Thanks

good job ive still got the recipt then innit? they also had big sacks of miracle grow but thats it so should i get that or widen my search? as ever thanx for feedback its why i like it here

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

Dj gave a link ,i can't find it ,to miracal grow soil customer response.it is not good reading.

Thanks

@ wert no its not good reading
    @ popeyejohnson keep your John Inness and just get some decent seedling compost all you will need is a few litres at most, enough to establish seedlings for the first 2-3 weeks and then repot into your JI no3
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks

thanx dj thanx wert you bin most helpfull as ever i think i shall get some decent seedling compost and then repot them into my number 3 after a few weeks then nice 1 lads watch this space its gonna be a good un!

Thanks

alrite popeye i too am in the process of getting all my shit 2getha is there no garden centers near u? most have JI in stock including seedlin i bought multi purpose with added JI, but b+q and homebase both stock JI 1 2 + 3 as wel as the 1 i bought
    Last edited by Beatnik; 06-11-09 at 12:44 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Thanks

i went to home base near me and they did have compost but it didnt look verry clever at all more like that wood chip shit you get on kiddies parks it looked more like mulch to me lots of stick and shit in it, wilkos have NOWT not even pots at this time of year so ill have to go to the other side of the city to b+q and see what i dig up there, this shit is starting to get fucking expensive man its all pay out at the mo but wen you got everything you got everything innit? march onwards pops itll be time soon! ;]