Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No more sun-Moving inside-need help!

Thanks

Default No more sun-Moving inside-need help!

Hello THCtalk. First timer and first post. I've attempted many time to research but the information out there is downright overwhelming. I am an avid home winemaker and use a forum daily so I know just how helpful your advice can be.
    Please bear with me here. I'm a rookie so I'll do my best to give the background info:

I was given small 3 plants in May that were about 6"-8" with a few nodes already. I have limited space and no experience (aside from 2 previous failed attempts without research). I gave 2 plants to a buddy who's got some exoerience, and kept one for myself.
    I gave her TLC all summer long, and re-potted into a 3 gallon pot by the end of June. Watering as needed. I had to keep the plantnon my small deck where it received about 65% of the sunlight it would have gotten in an open field. Things have been progressing decently. I topped it once. Then bent some areas for that knuckle high stress technique. Worked like a charm. She grew to over 3' tall.
    -first sign of flowering was 3rd week in august.
    - sparingly used an organic nutrient 1-3-1 a couple times since then
    - the potting soil was also organic
    -due to reasons beyond my control I was forced to move the plant away from the edge of the deck further from visible eyesight. Getting much less sun when the sun is already out for much less
    -live in jersey so in a northeast climate.
    -since my buddy has 2 other plants in able to see how it "should" be looking
    -my flowering is moving at a snails pace and the leaves are not as healthy as they were. Slightly cupping down around them.

With some basic research I think my plant has a sunlight deficiency. And I'm running out of outside time. My thoughts as to moving forward to make this a successful harvest:
    -move the plant inside
    -repot with some fresh legit soil (don't know what type)
    -buy some proper cannabis flowering nutrients (endless options)
    -purchase a light and come up with a schedule
    -can't break the bank for this. Many cheap ones on Amazon for less then even $30. But wattages and sizes I'm
    clueless what I would need.
    -buddy's plants are budding beautifully looking amazing. My plant has no buds though flowering has thickened up in the middle of he stems and with lots of white pistils. But nowhere near where it should be by now.
    - haven't checked my soil or water but I do have a ph meter and could if I needed to.

Please help a dude out! I just need to finger pointing in the right direction.

I'm including a number of pictures to help with this troubleshoot. -----don't know why but some of my pics are able to upload. I'll keep attempting to get them on here.

Thanks
    AJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2491.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	351311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5853.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	351312  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrewYou For This Useful Post:

Trex (29-09-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Resize your pics. Too big in memory size.
    Other than that I can't offer much man. Hope one of the other more experienced guys and girls can help you out

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

DrewYou (30-09-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l400.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	351322
    Just over £50 from the bay 400 watt enough for 4 plants
    HPS will get your buds popping out
    50 litre canna soil about £10
    And a bottle of plant magic grow and bloom £10 each
    Just a tent and a carbon filter to go
    No idea on that I just grow in a tricked out cupboard
    All the best fella

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

DrewYou (30-09-17)

Thanks

Will do. Thanks for replying

Thanks

Uploading pics from my phone is not that simple of a thing. I'm putting up the few I was able to upload. You can tell which are recent by the cupping of the leaves. I wanted to post what the other 2 plants currently look like but couldn't even resize it. Anyway those plants buds are huge and beautiful. I feel like my plant looks like a month behind.

Name:	IMG_5952.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	351333Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5954.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	351334Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6259.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	351335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7149.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	351336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7273.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	351337

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DrewYou View Post
    Hello THCtalk. First timer and first post. I've attempted many time to research but the information out there is downright overwhelming. I am an avid home winemaker and use a forum daily so I know just how helpful your advice can be.
    Please bear with me here. I'm a rookie so I'll do my best to give the background info:

I was given small 3 plants in May that were about 6"-8" with a few nodes already. I have limited space and no experience (aside from 2 previous failed attempts without research). I gave 2 plants to a buddy who's got some exoerience, and kept one for myself.
    I gave her TLC all summer long, and re-potted into a 3 gallon pot by the end of June. Watering as needed. I had to keep the plantnon my small deck where it received about 65% of the sunlight it would have gotten in an open field. Things have been progressing decently. I topped it once. Then bent some areas for that knuckle high stress technique. Worked like a charm. She grew to over 3' tall.
    -first sign of flowering was 3rd week in august.
    - sparingly used an organic nutrient 1-3-1 a couple times since then
    - the potting soil was also organic
    -due to reasons beyond my control I was forced to move the plant away from the edge of the deck further from visible eyesight. Getting much less sun when the sun is already out for much less
    -live in jersey so in a northeast climate.
    -since my buddy has 2 other plants in able to see how it "should" be looking
    -my flowering is moving at a snails pace and the leaves are not as healthy as they were. Slightly cupping down around them.

With some basic research I think my plant has a sunlight deficiency. And I'm running out of outside time. My thoughts as to moving forward to make this a successful harvest:
    -move the plant inside
    -repot with some fresh legit soil (don't know what type)
    -buy some proper cannabis flowering nutrients (endless options)
    -purchase a light and come up with a schedule
    -can't break the bank for this. Many cheap ones on Amazon for less then even $30. But wattages and sizes I'm
    clueless what I would need.
    -buddy's plants are budding beautifully looking amazing. My plant has no buds though flowering has thickened up in the middle of he stems and with lots of white pistils. But nowhere near where it should be by now.
    - haven't checked my soil or water but I do have a ph meter and could if I needed to.

Please help a dude out! I just need to finger pointing in the right direction.

I'm including a number of pictures to help with this troubleshoot. -----don't know why but some of my pics are able to upload. I'll keep attempting to get them on here.

Thanks
    AJ
    Well , Weed and most other fruiting plants need a minimum of 8 hours direct sunlight per day . the rest may be partially shaded ?
    Did it have this ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post

Name:	s-l400.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	351322
    Just over £50 from the bay 400 watt enough for 4 plants
    HPS will get your buds popping out
    50 litre canna soil about £10
    And a bottle of plant magic grow and bloom £10 each
    Just a tent and a carbon filter to go
    No idea on that I just grow in a tricked out cupboard
    All the best fella
    -Bay 400W- which would be enough for 4 plants. Thank you. I am going to research that tonight.
    -HpS. Remember I'm 100% green regarding indoor grows. I know nothing about these lights. I quick search tells me HOs is what I want especially for flowering and budding. But will HPS bulbs work in any grow light or are there specific lights for HOS and MH and CFL? Same thing with the ballasts. I'm just trying to finish one single plant. In the future I'm going to keep my grows outside so this might not be something I'll use often after this.
    -plant magic grow and bloom
    -canna soil
    -tent and carbon filter ? 100% necessary for one plant to finish?

Thanks for the info so far though. I'm at least starting to put a plan together

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrewYou For This Useful Post:

Trex (30-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Well , Weed and most other fruiting plants need a minimum of 8 hours direct sunlight per day . the rest may be partially shaded ?
    Did it have this ?
    Yes- for the majority of the summer it got much more than 8 hrs a day. But a certain city ran station up the street had been seen checking my spot out. I moved her way back off the edge so lost a lot of sunlight. About 10 days ago. I'm not risking that so I'm moving her inside.
    Also FWIW I'm pretty sure the flowering was going very slowly before I moved it back anyway.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

a 400 will do you well for 4 , or a 3ftx3ft area . Definatly better then no sun .
    grow blooom and pk , youll want biosilicone also .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Karsa (30-09-17)

Thanks

I would honestly be a little concerned about bugs. Do you plan on using this indoor grow equipment again?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast