Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Co2 Bags...pointless or not...?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

I have a 1.5m x 1.5 meter room that is not sealed. 1 exhaust. 3 bags. Ambient co2 up from 400 to 600 average. I felt like 400 was a little low. I don't know.

pls excuse autocorrect. i am high of course.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), GEORGE (28-05-18)

Thanks

Years ago someone I knew that would use co2 would turn off the exhaust for an hour or 2 as he brought ththe ppm of co2 up. Then resume normal air ventilation. He always had spectacular results but definitely seemed like a headache

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thelazyfarmer For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), GEORGE (17-09-18), JB (01-02-19)

Thanks

You will 100% waste your time with bags. You will also waste the Co2 if you do not drive the plant into metabolism overdrive with enhanced LIGHT, HEAT and PROPER Humidity. Make your environment optimal this way before you concern yourself with Co2. All the extra Co2 in the world means nothing without the proper vapor pressure differential to absorb excess Co2, plant stomata open the most when VPD is between 8 and 10. Check a vapor pressure differential chart on google to make sure your VPD is optimal, use a ppfd meter to check for at least 1200 ppfd light, and make sure temperatures are 78-90 degrees depending on strain. I switched to Co2 tanks, with a small room my 5 lb tank lasts forever. I use a titan regulator to control the flow, which is barely open, and a autopilot monitor with infrared Co2 sensor to automatically maintain its levels for me. I don’t use a timer because with my sealed room, it barely ever turns on to replenish the air. The key is to seal your room and use a monitor—you MUST have an accurate idea of the Co2 around your plants. My probe hangs off my light rig above the plants, where you want the Co2 to be. I use a small clip on fan, and attach the Co2 tube to the back of this fan, pointed DOWN at my plants to rain those precious gases. Two tower fans in each corner oscillate and circulate the air, which is ESSENTIAL for your plants to absorb the Co2. Following the wise instructions of growers before me, this has worked amazing so far, and remember, don’t waste time or money on Co2 if you haven’t mastered LIGHT, HEAT and HUMIDITY.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DET—PDX For This Useful Post:

AND (02-10-18), andymac (01-02-19), Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), Bin man (31-01-19), Click916 (09-03-19), GEORGE (02-10-18), JB (01-02-19), M_C (02-10-18), NZ_ (16-10-21), Sal_Governale (02-10-18), Spartacuss (09-10-18), WF420 (09-10-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DET—PDX View Post
    <snip>don’t waste time or money on Co2 if you haven’t mastered LIGHT, HEAT and HUMIDITY.
    I've seen this question asked many times on this site, and this is hands down the best and most informative answer I've come across. well done sir.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sal_Governale For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), GEORGE (02-10-18), JB (01-02-19), UpT0wn (09-10-18)

Thanks

You will 100% waste your time with bags. You will also waste the Co2 if you do not drive the plant into metabolism overdrive with enhanced LIGHT, HEAT and PROPER Humidity. Make your environment optimal this way before you concern yourself with Co2. All the extra Co2 in the world means nothing without the proper vapor pressure differential to absorb excess Co2, plant stomata open the most when VPD is between 8 and 10. Check a vapor pressure differential chart on google to make sure your VPD is optimal, use a ppfd meter to check for at least 1200 ppfd light, and make sure temperatures are 78-90 degrees depending on strain. I switched to Co2 tanks, with a small room my 5 lb tank lasts forever. I use a titan regulator to control the flow, which is barely open, and a autopilot monitor with infrared Co2 sensor to automatically maintain its levels for me. I don’t use a timer because with my sealed room, it barely ever turns on to replenish the air. The key is to seal your room and use a monitor—you MUST have an accurate idea of the Co2 around your plants. My probe hangs off my light rig above the plants, where you want the Co2 to be. I use a small clip on fan, and attach the Co2 tube to the back of this fan, pointed DOWN at my plants to rain those precious gases. Two tower fans in each corner oscillate and circulate the air, which is ESSENTIAL for your plants to absorb the Co2. Following the wise instructions of growers before me, this has worked amazing so far, and remember, don’t waste time or money on Co2 if you haven’t mastered LIGHT, HEAT and HUMIDITY.
    I wasted a lot of time and money over the course of a year to finally research enough to find out exactly what you said. I hope more people read this comment, its accurate.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spartacuss For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), CityDweller (09-10-18), GEORGE (09-10-18), WWBB (09-10-18)

Thanks

I’ve been reading up on vpd for months and still don’t understand it did you have a specific chart you followed for optimum vpd? A lot of them recommend 60-70 % humidity in flower but are you not prone to mould at that rate ? Also what ppm if co2 did you run ? I used the exhale co2 bags last year but didn’t notice any difference

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bin man For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), G' (01-02-19), GEORGE (12-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bin man View Post
    I’ve been reading up on vpd for months and still don’t understand it did you have a specific chart you followed for optimum vpd? A lot of them recommend 60-70 % humidity in flower but are you not prone to mould at that rate ? Also what ppm if co2 did you run ? I used the exhale co2 bags last year but didn’t notice any difference
    I've not used Co2 bags my last 2 or 3 grows brother imho no difference at, save some money, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), Bin man (01-02-19), GEORGE (12-03-19), MonsterEnergy (01-02-19), Squaggy (17-03-19)

Thanks

just bought an exhale bag oh no

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wayster For This Useful Post:

AND (09-03-19), Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), Bin man (13-03-19), GEORGE (12-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), Bin man (13-03-19), GEORGE (12-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Total wayster time
    Appears to be working for me. Numbers used to be higher but my newest bag is 7 months old and the rest are much older. Past expiration. Before the bags I never got past 440 ppm.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (17-12-19), Dr Green (12-03-19), GEORGE (12-03-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast