Thread: Making canna butter slow cooker method

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,684 Times

Default Making canna butter slow cooker method

Howdy ladies and gents 😊

Little action in the Rex household this weekend so I just thought I'd share with all my talkers me making some canna butter. I know a lot of people on here will already know how to do it but just incase some folk haven't, or for anyone out there who is wondering what to do with the left overs from a grow 😁

You will need :

Slow cooker
    Unsalted butter (weight will suit your weed)
    2 cups of water
    Strainer/seive
    Muslin cloth/cheese cloth/coffee filter
    Container

So firstly the recipe I followed to make this suggested mixing

[B] 1 oz of popcorn : 1lb of unsalted butter [\B]

However I felt bad throwing all my popcorn away to something I never had any experience doing. So with this in mind I used 1/2 oz of popcorn and basically every single leave I had from the trim...

All the leaves and pop corn were blitz in a blender (these were frozen)

I melted 750g of butter in the slow cooker, once melted I added all the powdered greenery 😁😁 I then poured in two cups of water

I used 750g as I didn't want the mixture being to dry as there was quite a lot of powder from the leaves lol but this gets removed anyway so it's okay 😁

Now this has to be left on low for about 5-8 hours on the low setting this will allow the fat from the butter bind with the cannabis and retain all its goodness. Continue to stir it throughout this period, taking the stuff from the edge of the pot

Once you have let it cook away and the time is up, you want to get the cheese cloth or some coffee filter or anything u can find to filter it... a sieve/strainer and also a large container for all the liquid that your about to squeeze out.

[B] PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND WEAR GLOVES!! THIS WILL BE VERY VERY HOT!! [\B]

Now I just covered this with clingfilm and carefully and left in the fridge over night to set.

When cooling it down in the fridge you are basically re setting the butter and allowing the water and fat to separate from each other. So what you are left with is a layer of canna butter on top of water.

So now it's cool I removed a small section of the corner to pour the separated water down the sink. For easy storage I put it into another container and just left it in the fridge.

I'll probably use this butter for some cookies, however you can use it for most recipes out there 😁

Hopefully this has helped someone and it's clear to follow... not really sure how strong it's going to be as I only used 1/2oz of actual bud however I will have got plenty of trichomes from the trimmings.

That's all for now folks 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GanjasaurusREX; 16-10-17 at 02:46 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

Blue (17-10-17), eightleggeddj (17-10-17), Elias (17-10-17), GEORGE (01-11-17), ggotch (17-10-17), joker_the_smoker (21-10-17), MR B-loom (18-10-17), M_C (17-10-17), SpliffMiester (21-10-17), Trex (21-10-17), Twisted (17-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Top effort Rex, the grow that keeps on giving eh mate. Let us know how you get on with the cookies. Should imagine Itl be knockout stuff

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Elias (17-10-17), GanjasaurusREX (21-10-17), GEORGE (01-11-17), Trex (21-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

A nice guide with clear pics
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue (17-10-17), Elias (17-10-17), GanjasaurusREX (21-10-17), GEORGE (01-11-17), Trex (21-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,838 Times

Nicely done mate I’m a big fan of editables too

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elias For This Useful Post:

Blue (17-10-17), GanjasaurusREX (21-10-17), GEORGE (01-11-17)

Thanks

I've been using the same method for a few years now and it's provided some very enjoyable results. Usually make choc cookies with it which r always a nice treat.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulie-Walnuts For This Useful Post:

GanjasaurusREX (21-10-17), GEORGE (01-11-17)

Thanks

Thanks For the comments lads, phone downloaded new Tapatalk update and couldn't get logged on for a few days lol!

Just a nice easy guide lol, yet to make anything yet but I'll get on it soon lol

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

Blue (21-10-17), GEORGE (01-11-17), M_C (21-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Shit ,gotta make me some of that , put in fridge ,mix bit of chocolate.pudding ,so the kids can steal some so i can have some peace n quiet LOL

Well done rex

Organic Grow Journal
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=163164

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-11-17), M_C (22-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Shit ,gotta make me some of that , put in fridge ,mix bit of chocolate.pudding ,so the kids can steal some so i can have some peace n quiet LOL

Well done rex

Organic Grow Journal
    Yeah mate get on it buddy send those kids to a better place 😂

I'm very cautious about edibles lol heard they can be wild if I'm not careful... but why be careful eh 😁😁

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanjasaurusREX For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-11-17), Trex (22-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GanjasaurusREX View Post
    Yeah mate get on it buddy send those kids to a better place 😂

I'm very cautious about edibles lol heard they can be wild if I'm not careful... but why be careful eh 😁😁

Ohh yea , never underestimate the power of edibles LOL .
    Take a bit ,wait an hour lol cuz they will fuck you up , and for hours too lol

Organic Grow Journal

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GanjasaurusREX (01-11-17), GEORGE (01-11-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Links are not allowed, Satter.