Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: GuardianGrow RDWC grow diary (1st grow)

Thanks

Well been about just 2 weeks since transplant. Things aren't looking good. The first 4-5 days I saw root growth, but since then nothing. Any suggestions on what to change?
    I should probably do a full water/nute flush in the near future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	353883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	353884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	353885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	353886  
    Last edited by Guardian Grow; 04-12-17 at 05:16 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

Oh dear something not right here, by the looks of it. The two in the right hand side pics anyway.

Right when you take the net pots out, are the underside of the pots wet or misted with water? Basically are they getting nutrient?
    The 2 on the left look ok, but the 2 on the right look either seriously overwatered or seriously under watered.
    Time for some severe action. If the rockwool cubes on the right hand side plant is water logged and one looks wet, then empty out the stones, try not to disturb the roots and shake the pot holding the top of the rockwool cubeit to displace some of that water. I know I said not to disturb them but it looks serious so needs must. Don't squeeze the cube tho, just shake the water out of it?

If the cube is dry then up the water level to just below the bottom of the cube, about half way up the pot indent for a few days. Again I know I said not to swamp the base of the pot, but they are either getting too much or too little water, but its impossible to tell from the pics.

Have a check of the cubes and let us know please, before you go any further.
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 04-12-17 at 07:59 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (04-12-17), GEORGE (12-01-18), Guardian Grow (05-12-17), Nappa (04-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

as above but you have been top feeding if i remember right? so im going more along the lines of overwatering. easily done mate.
    when was they top fed last? if they have been and how much
    but something is wrong i remember yours had more roots than mine at the time and now i have them in the solution and a nice mass already.
    when i transplanted into my system i dipped the bottom quickly into a feed and then put them in my system and i didnt top feed
    Last edited by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN; 04-12-17 at 09:49 PM.
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-18), Guardian Grow (05-12-17)

Thanks

Subbed up good luck with this grow.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rollingstones For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

it may be my eyes but roots looking a little brown, hope they are ok buddy
    im looking forward to watching this grow as i am using a similar setup

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-18), Guardian Grow (05-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    Oh dear something not right here, by the looks of it. The two in the right hand side pics anyway.

Right when you take the net pots out, are the underside of the pots wet or misted with water? Basically are they getting nutrient?
    The 2 on the left look ok, but the 2 on the right look either seriously overwatered or seriously under watered.
    Time for some severe action. If the rockwool cubes on the right hand side plant is water logged and one looks wet, then empty out the stones, try not to disturb the roots and shake the pot holding the top of the rockwool cubeit to displace some of that water. I know I said not to disturb them but it looks serious so needs must. Don't squeeze the cube tho, just shake the water out of it?

If the cube is dry then up the water level to just below the bottom of the cube, about half way up the pot indent for a few days. Again I know I said not to swamp the base of the pot, but they are either getting too much or too little water, but its impossible to tell from the pics.

Have a check of the cubes and let us know please, before you go any further.
    Ok, after lowering the water level to the base of the net pot left them alone for a while and didn't top feed. The water level was going down so I assumed I no longer needed to. I checked today and every rockwool cube was bone dry. I top fed them once this afternoon and the plant that looked the worst is beginning to look better. Should I still raise the water level to the level you said Billybob?

When I lift up the basket it looks as if the underside of the indent is getting wetted, but maybe not enough to keep the rockwool damp?

The roots are a little bit brown, but I also got them a little bit brown to begin with. I assumed that was from the lack of water.

I can't thank you guys enough for the advice and help you're giving me. But I'm gunna keep saying it. Thanks guys!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-18)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0972.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	353922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0973.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	353923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	353924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	353925

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-18)

Thanks

Other pics aren't uploading right now. Will try again later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0977.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	353926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0980.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	353927  
    Last edited by Guardian Grow; 05-12-17 at 04:33 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-18), redisiel (05-12-17)

Thanks

double post
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 05-12-17 at 04:22 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-01-18)

Thanks

Ok dude, no need to thank us, just send me an ounce when theyre done ha ha, only kidding.
    I just wanna save these plants for ya.

Right, the cubes need some moisture, so what I will suggest is to raise the water level, till its about 3/4 of the way up the indent. on the underside of the netpots
    This way the bubbles will still provide some spray from popping to the underside of the cubes.
    And to use a sprayer and scoosh the underside of the cube once a day with nutriented water. If you jus scoosh it with a spray bottle , it wont get water logged, but the roots will get moisture. Hopefully this will encourage them to grow down into the nutes. Just a quick scoosh tho, don't go soaking it, just moisten it, that's all
    Do this till they start playing ball again.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (08-12-17), GEORGE (12-01-18), Guardian Grow (05-12-17), Karsa (05-12-17), Nappa (05-12-17), redisiel (05-12-17)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast