Thread: noob scrogger requiring a wee point in the right direction please

Thanks

Lightbulb noob scrogger requiring a wee point in the right direction please

Hi guys. I have 6 dinafem og kush and oh my.... short and branchy as hell! leafy as hell too. its been topped/fimmed and lst big time! anyways my question for you guys is because its so short and stalky can i start flower to let it stretch up to my screen or will that cause me probs? right now theyre 4 weeks in coco, 35-40 budding spots each already, all coming up nice, tying, tucking and weaving everything. hoping you guys dont foresee any issues with me vegging a couple weeks and then sticking in my screen after the flip... ive researched extensively but to no avail... goes without saying this is my first scrog and my first time growing dinas og kush, any thoughts and help are appreciated guys

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

Hi mate,growin same Dina OG myself.
    Mine to are short,branchy and leafy as hell to.Dint bother to scrog this time.But will be interesting to see your grow.
    You know what your doing,on right track and only experience will teach you what to do.
    Ye,like the OG,only week? to go,lovely lemon smell,alkl best with ye grow.
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Any pics?
    I let let my plants get bushy then super crop them an top and then lower a screen over them. Height of screen is usually about 12 inchs from top of the pot. But really its personal preference as you want to have space to get under for later on wen you wana lollipop them.
    Check out my diary as am just finishing a scrog at min. All pics in there which will help you out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (25-11-17), skippy (02-12-17)

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ilikebigbuds View Post
    Hi guys. I have 6 dinafem og kush and oh my.... short and branchy as hell! leafy as hell too. its been topped/fimmed and lst big time! anyways my question for you guys is because its so short and stalky can i start flower to let it stretch up to my screen or will that cause me probs? right now theyre 4 weeks in coco, 35-40 budding spots each already, all coming up nice, tying, tucking and weaving everything. hoping you guys dont foresee any issues with me vegging a couple weeks and then sticking in my screen after the flip... ive researched extensively but to no avail... goes without saying this is my first scrog and my first time growing dinas og kush, any thoughts and help are appreciated guys
    Don’t flip to flower until your screen is at least 75% full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (25-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Wa cantona said also mukka. As you wana keep tuckin after flip so if u flip wen screen to rammed you wont be able to keep tuckin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Hi mate,growin same Dina OG myself.
    Mine to are short,branchy and leafy as hell to.Dint bother to scrog this time.But will be interesting to see your grow.
    You know what your doing,on right track and only experience will teach you what to do.
    Ye,like the OG,only week? to go,lovely lemon smell,alkl best with ye grow.
    nice to see someone else growing this strain, pretty solid strain my 6 are all growing pretty uniform. yeh i'll pretty much dictate my screen size at the time of flip, they will be vegging for another 4 weeks so they should be pretty massey! how are yours looking skippy? long did you veg mate? would be nice to see pics. will post up some pics later this evening for you guys to take a peek. suffered slight mag deficiency first week cause of a dodgy ph meter ph was too low to uptake cal/mag, they seem to prefer a slightly higher ph 5.8-6.0 but it seem to have slowed them down much anyway.

Thanks

cheers mate i'll check out your pics shortly when i get a minute. yeh i think i'll be lollipopping as it'll be really dense and mould possible otherwise from what i understand... and probably end up taking a lot of leaves off as they are leafy as hell but we'll see how they go. cheers for the input man

Thanks

yeh mate i'll be vegging for another 4 weeks so 8'ish in total except ive got 1 that is 10 days ahead, seeds just didnt want to come through the coco... should have used rock cubes but anyway as soon as they were through the growth in them is just crazy fast so in the next coming weeks i'll observe and make a screen depending on how they are looking, i was planning on 2x 600w but i was expecting them to stretch a little more as they are meant to be 25% sativa but im not sure... perhaps they stretch more in flower. thats the issue im not sure how much they will stretch which can and will dictate screen size i imagine... i'll get ics up later anyways boys

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

Ye,i veg for 5 weeks mate,in 15ltr pots so make sure your pots are big enough for longer veg.Root bound plants cause you probs mate.
    You will find OG needs plenty of cal/mag,
    I varey my Ph each feed 5.4-6.2,keep my temps below 24c,then in last few weeks take it down to 20-21c.With 2c diff between night/day temps.
    Whats that cumin over the hill,its a feckin monster,will get you pics l8ters.