Thread: Wilma fix n schedule

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Default Wilma fix n schedule

Probably going to be ordering a Wilma as have run into issues a fair bit with watering and never seemed to go wrong with that. Although it is some what looking like I've sorted my watering issue but just never had any issues with the Wilma. Am tempted to just use it for veg, get the pots nicely rooted and hand water during flower as can be with pain getting into the res with flowering plants on top, know is ways around that but I'm lazy and crap at any sort of diy.

Anyway I remember my old Wilma would have slight leaks, where the tubing connects to the plastic tube that sits on the res, bottom bit of the dripper. Didn't matter too much as just dripped a little on the res but does mean some plants was getting less I guess. Want things to be perfect this time round so just wondering what anyone can suggest I use to stop the drip?

Also going to be in canna coco if memory serves me right I'm gonna wanna start on one feed a day and increase that as the plant grows right? So would it be once a day for the first two weeks then up it to twice a day and so on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (28-11-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

you can stop/seal the drips with ''aquarium silicon'' it's used to waterproof tubing connections and such, just put it where the plastic tube connects,
    hand watering them in flower would be a real commitment,

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Cheers mate ill look that up, have seen others mention ptfe tape or something. It looked more like tape that goes over...LOL I swear I've just spent 8minutes writing and backspacing not got a clue how to say what I mean. Ill try this, the lines at the end of a pipe or tube that twist and grip. Looks like it'll be beneficial to them but not the type where the tube just slips over the plastic like the Wilma I don't think. Ill just check out what you said.

I may not hand water during flower, will have to see how it all goes. Not gonna lie it'll be nice not having to worry about watering plants but just feel more in control then. Nothing's set in stone so will see how it goes.