Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SkunkWorx Cacti Adventures

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,664 Times

Default SkunkWorx Cacti Adventures

'SkunkWorx Cacti Adventures' brought to you Skunk

Well a about 2 years ago I discovered a passion for Cacti.* Well mainly for Trichocereus & Peyote Cacti; but also other kinds of cacti & succulents.*** They're the predominant plant on our house.* Our collection consisted of a dozen or so up until 2 years ago when I discovered my passion of collection different forums of Trichocereus Cacti & Hybrids.

I thoroughly enjoy cultivating from seed, it is a great lesson in patience and persistence when dealing with Cacti.*** Marijuana can go from seed to flower in but a few short months.* Cacti on the other hand take years and years when dealing with seed;* and it's not uncommon for Peyote 'L.Williamsii' To not flower for upwards of 10 years from seed, unless grafted onto a quicker growing root stock or grown artificially)

Our collection in then last 2 years has gone from about a dozen or so to well over 1000 1-2 year old year old Trichocereus,* Ariocarpus & Other more common kinds of Succulents and Cacti with a few older specimens such as a few of my older peyote (L.Williamsii) which are around 7 years old I also have a few hundred L.Williamsii seedlings ranging in age from a* month-2years).** So progress with Cacti is measured in years not weeks or months.

(The largest of these specimines was just 2 years of age, this past November. The smallest about 1 year. All are hard grown from seed)

I don't see myself stopping sowing seeds, it becomes quite the addiction once pricked.* I have thousands of seeds currently being sowing or going through the seedling stage under lights.* A majority of my Cacti are Hard grown the way I like them.* Meaning they are grown under natural lighting (Sun) during our short growing season then come fall I stop feedling and watering and put them into a state of dormancy.** They don't need light during this time and certainly don't need water.*

(L.bridgesii "ACHUMA")

(I have s few racks like these throughout the house and have most my windows done with shelfs that house yearling cacti. Besides all those cacti I also utilizes left over room in my two grow rooms where about 2 dozen cacti reside over the winter. And in my Vegging Closet I have my Seed sowing trays I start seedlings.

In this thread I'll share my "Skunkworx Cacti Adventures".** I have a closed(locked) down thread where this Journey began, so I'll continue on with my Cacti Adventures here in this thread.*** I'll share my grafting projects, Seed Sowing and all things Cacti and Succulent related.** Things are slow so I'll try and give a good overview of what's Happening in the SkunkWorx Cacti Lab!* this thread will take some time to get rolling but I'll do my best to put on a good Show and share as much cacti and information ad possible for the masses. Question and feedback are always welcome and I love to meet other cacti enthusiasts.

(A rare Cross out of Australia Yowie x Bondi scop grafted onto a Huanucoensis X BBG root stock)

And we are off with this Adventure...

Skunk

PS:
    As far as I know Peyote, Trichocereus, Ariocarpus and other cacti and succulents are all legal to grow in the UK (no restrictions or scheduling of any cacti).* If I'm mistaken about any of this I'll scrap this thread and omit said Cacti and Succulents in question. Where I'm from these are all legal to grow. This thread will be strictly horticultural based.

SkunkWorx - My currant Multi-Strain Perpetual 'Garden of Eden' Grow Adventures
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...5281-SkunkWorx

SkunkWorx 'Cacti Adventures'
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165421

Interesting PDF Books: (Everything from A-Z will now mostly post Cannabis & Horticulture Information/Books)
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129856

Skunkbudda's Random Horticulture (Non Cannabis Garden):
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=131105

Skunkbudda goes Strain Hunting:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=134649

Skunkbudda403's Show:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=127664

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

Blue (01-12-17), GEORGE (07-12-17), redisiel (04-01-18)

Thanks

Skunks San Pedro's - 'Echinopsis Pachanoi'

I received 3 cuttings back in late November 2015. From a fellow Ethno Grower out of Oragan U.S. on a trade.

I was able to root all three. One for gifted to a close friend who eventually loved it much he smothered it with care ending it's life.

Over the next 2 years up until now, I've been able to turn my two 8" cuttings into 7 plants. 2 of which ate ovwr 4 feet tall.

SkunK

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-12-17), lazor_ears (06-12-17), redisiel (04-01-18)

Thanks

Trichocereus SS02 'Bridgesii' x Peruvianus Serra Blue

I only had success getting 2 of these plants from a lot of 20 seeds. Over the last summer one suffered a fall and ended up losing its growing tip which I rooted so I now have 3 of these in my collections .

These seedlings are the product an SS02 mother plant crossed with the pollen of a trichocereus Peruvianus “Serra Blue”.

The SS02 is a bridgesioid form regarded as having excellent genetics from the garden of Sacred Succulents. SS02 stands for a certain #'ed clone brought into cultivation by Ben Kamm & his nursery. Sought after for its rich genitics.

Trichocereus “Serra Blue” clone of Peruvianus known for beefy stems and particularly blue stem. *It is not to be confused with the trichocereus “Serra Canyon”, which is a bridgesiod.

These are some of my Favorites in my collection. The colors on these beautiful cacti are really something special. The larger of the three specimens has some amazingly interstitial splineation. Some if the spines over an inch and a half long. The flesh of the cacti in the right light is a bluish stem. These should be of interest when they mature more over the next grow season.

This one by far is my pick of the litter for many reasons.

Skunk

The Smurfs are Little Blue People who live in Magic Mushrooms

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

FACE (07-12-17), GEORGE (07-12-17), redisiel (04-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Good to see the plant thread going again after the other disappeared there was so much info on that one n pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-12-17), redisiel (04-01-18), SkunkBudda403 (08-12-17)

Thanks

Trichocereus Cuzcoensis x SS02 'Bridgesii'

This hybrid is a cross of a trichocereus cuzcoensis mother plant which was pollinated with a trichocereus SS02 'Bridgesii'.

*Trichocereus Cuzcoensis is a species from the Cuzco region of Peru. Measuring up to 20 feet in the wild, it is very similar in appearance to Trichocereus Peruvianus (Peruvian Torch). According to experts, the two species have often been misidentified for one another, which has led to intentional and/or accidental... Cuzcoensis is generally said to have yellowish spines that become white with age.

The SS02 'Bridgesii' is a particular clone of bridgesii that is well known to have good genetics and is well know from Sacrad Succulants. It is a great representation of the bridgesii species, and so it is commonly used for making these hybrids.**

I don't have any of these hybrid crosses I was only able to snag a few seeds. These cacti are about 1 year old from seed. All hard grown on there own roots.

Skunk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

British green (31-12-17), redisiel (04-01-18)

Thanks

This SkunK has been dabbling with alot of grafting as of late. And have plans to embark on some large scale L.Williamsii grafts later this coming new year once my large L.Williamsii Seed Grow takes shape.

Anyhow thought I'd Share a few recent grafts.

Yowie x Bondi Scope (Scoin) /Huancoensis x BBG (Base)
    She was grafted on November 3rd 2017. And is now residing under a 1000 watt lamp. The amount of growth for a cactus on the last nelly two months is unbelievable compared to naturally grown seedlings.

(B4 November 10t0 2017)

After (December 31st 2017)

SkunK

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

reganlives (31-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,368 Times

They look amazing! We have one small cactus that we bought earlier this year but think we may get more. They really are an interesting plant.

Sent using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reganlives For This Useful Post:

redisiel (04-01-18), SkunkBudda403 (31-12-17)

Thanks

Here is a Fresh graft. For this one i chose a fast growing hybrid. One of the quickest and fastest growing specimines I have on cultivation. I have one specimen thst had grown ovwr 2 feet in two years from seed on its own roots.

Trichocereus Kimuras Spiny Giant x SS02 'Bridgesii'
    And took one of my 2 year old hard grown Lophophora Williamsii Var Texana to complete this graft.

I use pantyhose to hook onto the spines and hold down my graft to fuse together for the first week until it's antiquity seated.

When doing this graft, I'm doing my best to not waste anything so with any luck. I a few months my Lophophora Williamsii Var Texana base should shoot out some pups. I left enough to promote pupping.

SkunK

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (04-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    Good to see the plant thread going again after the other disappeared there was so much info on that one n pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I'll do my best to keep this thread under wraps and share some useful Information for those who want to grow cacti. I've really become addicted to growing these plants and it's become a full-time hobby along side my Cannabis. Glad to see you around face.
    Quote Originally Posted by reganlives View Post
    They look amazing! We have one small cactus that we bought earlier this year but think we may get more. They really are an interesting plant.

Sent using Tapatalk
    That how it happens... you start with one then b4 you know it you have thousands. Lmfao. I got pricked but the cacti bug really good. As of recently besides the ones I've mentioned in my 1st post. I've begun building my Dragon Fruit & Lithop collection. I'll share some of these at a later date when I get around to it.

Skunk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (04-01-18)

Thanks

Did a few more grafts yesterday evening once we got back from Snowboarding New Years eve.

I did about 8 grafts yesterday evening, mostly some Bridgesii seedling grafts and
    This one, which was a special graft of a Lophophora Williamsii Var Texana which is 11 months old .... this L.Williamsii was grafted on a 2 year old Trichocereus Huanucoensis x SS02 'Bridgesii'.

Trichocereus Huanucoensis x SS02 'Bridgesii' - ﹰL.ﹰWilliamsii Var Texana

SkunK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast