Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Half grain of rice....

Thanks

Default Half grain of rice....

Anyone know how much a half grain of rice blob of RSO weighs? Approximately is fine. Just making some capsules and wanted to compare the dose to what the missus has been taking anyway.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Incognitto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-09-20), GEORGE (06-12-17)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Incognitto View Post
    Anyone know how much a half grain of rice blob of RSO weighs? Approximately is fine. Just making some capsules and wanted to compare the dose to what the missus has been taking anyway.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its hard to say really mate. If she has a low tolerance I would start at 40:1 ratio

So that’s 40 parts carrier to 1 part CO. If they are too week just eat another and adjust on the next run

is is this for medical use?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Incognitto (07-12-17)

Thanks

Yeah it’s medicinal. I didn’t go far off that ratio. Nice to know I’ve gone low on the dose. That’s what I wanted. She’s a proper lightweight. Thanks.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Incognitto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-09-20)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Incognitto View Post
    Yeah it’s medicinal. I didn’t go far off that ratio. Nice to know I’ve gone low on the dose. That’s what I wanted. She’s a proper lightweight. Thanks.
    If she needs bigger doses, consider suppositories. All the benefits without the high

Thanks

Thanks. I made a few capsules and nearly as many suppositories. You have to learn so much to grow the plant, and then just as much again to make it in to medicine! It’s a big old learning curve but I love it.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Incognitto For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-09-20), ggotch (20-12-17), walshy (12-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,792 Times

hoping to get a good harvest next year to make up the oil for a cancer patient ... ive seen the gell suppositories on the net ... but most are 4g size .... is that the best size to use to start off with and if so how much oil would be needed in each to start?
    cheers

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-09-20)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by budfarmer View Post
    hoping to get a good harvest next year to make up the oil for a cancer patient ... ive seen the gell suppositories on the net ... but most are 4g size .... is that the best size to use to start off with and if so how much oil would be needed in each to start?
    cheers
    We use size 00 capsules for oral ingestion and suppositories. We call them the “Bio Bomb” due to the high bioavailability rate. If dosing by suppositories and new to cannabis, I start people at 20:1 ratio 3x per day, then up to 5x per day. Then build on that

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

budfarmer (17-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    We use size 00 capsules for oral ingestion and suppositories. We call them the “Bio Bomb” due to the high bioavailability rate. If dosing by suppositories and new to cannabis, I start people at 20:1 ratio 3x per day, then up to 5x per day. Then build on that
    so thats 1mg 3 times a day to start mate?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (18-09-20)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by budfarmer View Post
    so thats 1mg 3 times a day to start mate?
    1 gram in total but that’s not 1 gram of CO. That includes the carrier oils.

Heres the recipe

40:1 = 1 g CCO + 32 g carrier oil + 8 g lecithin

20:1 = 1 g CCO + 16 g carrier oil + 4 g lecithin

10:1 = 1 g CCO + 8 g carrier oil + 2 g lecithin

5:1 = 1 g CCO + 4 g carrier oil + 1 g lecithin

Making capsules

1. Mix your CO with your carrier oil in a hot water bath and mix well. (bring some water to the boil, turn off the flame and continue)
    2. Add the Lecithin and mix well
    3. Place in the fridge for 24 hrs and stirring again after 12 hrs
    4. After 24 hrs, bring up to room temp, mix again and back in for 24 hrs if needed

The extra 24hrs is purely a precaution. If there’s no separation then the first 24 hrs is enough

Last edited by Chew; 17-12-17 at 10:03 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

budfarmer (19-12-17), ggotch (20-12-17), joker_the_smoker (20-12-17), lipnobody (17-12-17)

Thanks

what carrier oil could be used other than coconut mate ... also the capsuels... are they the glycerine ones ?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast