Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NiceHash has been hacked - Any suggestions for a easy to use mining pool?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Default NiceHash has been hacked - Any suggestions for a easy to use mining pool?

NiceHash has been a very user friendly platform for those with a PC that want to mine cryptocurrencies and be repaid with bitcoin. Long story short the official line is that they have been hacked, and the damage is still being assessed.

The crypto-sphere has been bit of a Wild West - with multi-level marketing schemes hurting the newbies and desperate, NiceHash going down is not welcomed. If they don't come back, I would have lost about £100, and truth be known that is money that is very much needed.

I am for now slowly chipping away on Minergate mining Ethereum, but their fees are just a bit too extortionate for the long term. So if anyone here mines and wants to recommend their pool, let's hear it. Thanks.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (05-01-21), GEORGE (20-12-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    NiceHash has been a very user friendly platform for those with a PC that want to mine cryptocurrencies and be repaid with bitcoin. Long story short the official line is that they have been hacked, and the damage is still being assessed.

The crypto-sphere has been bit of a Wild West - with multi-level marketing schemes hurting the newbies and desperate, NiceHash going down is not welcomed. If they don't come back, I would have lost about £100, and truth be known that is money that is very much needed.

I am for now slowly chipping away on Minergate mining Ethereum, but their fees are just a bit too extortionate for the long term. So if anyone here mines and wants to recommend their pool, let's hear it. Thanks.
    I too would be interested in this venture. MON THE MINERS

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-17), Nappa (07-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,851 Times

Same

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Currently Growing Royal Queen's Critical and Humboldt's Blue Dream in Wilma 2000 Watts - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-RQS-Critical

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nappa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-17), Valentina (08-12-17)

Thanks

Hey all. The plan is that NiceHash comes back online 20 December, which is today. I have tried loading up the miner app, which loaded up but would not mine yet. It's looking hopeful that they'll be back, IMO, which is good because I have been so very cold.

HOWEVER. Their site also caters for an Asian language so presumably, there could be a sizeable Asian contingent that has so far not been represented in their official videos and press release.

Then there is of course the question of whether they can withstand another hack. It's a bothering thought.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

I sold all of my bitcoins once they spiked at around the 8-9k mark. Treated myself to a free Audi and holiday.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Cooky2992 (20-12-17), ganja.lad (13-04-18), GEORGE (21-12-17), ggotch (20-12-17), Karsa (21-12-17), MC-Yen (21-12-17), M_C (20-12-17), Valentina (20-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
    I sold all of my bitcoins once they spiked at around the 8-9k mark. Treated myself to a free Audi and holiday.
    Admiral, when I first saw your message I thought, "oh, poor bloke, why rush in to cash out when there is still meat on that bitcoin bone? Holidays and cars are nice but still...."

Then the cogs in my head slowly turned and I was like, "hey, may be I should cash out too and get that motorcycle that I had wanted for so long, and that trip abroad that I have been planning?"

Thanks for the idea! My parents have brought me up to be super traditional and keep to the very straight and very narrow (yeah, what am I doing here???), so thanks again for the heads up. I might follow your footsteps on this one.

In other news, NiceHash is almost fully back online, I have been able to mine again and finally my "fan heaters" are going again. Fees that were meant to have been paid out from before the hack is nowhere to be seen YET, but one can hope/dream.

Also, looks like bitcoin is going through an adjustment again so let's see how this pans out.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-01-21), Karsa (21-12-17)

Thanks

Wow, 3 years have gone by and here we are. I am very happy to say that NiceHash has remained open and the bitcoin-monies that was hacked and stolen has been paid back in full.

With it at some 26k euros to one bitcoin, and going up by the day, who is HODL-ing and who is cashing it all?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (04-01-21), GEORGE (05-01-21), M_C (05-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-01-21), M_C (05-01-21), Valentina (05-01-21)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

I am locked out me wallet for 6 months so...

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-01-21), Valentina (05-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

I know nothin about this minin malarkey, used btc for the obvious but that's it. Not used btc for a while, last time I did it was about £3000-£4000 per coin. My mate was sayin it was about £25,000 now. So I looked in my wallet and there's about £50 only left 5-10 or so in there, little victories

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-01-21), Valentina (05-01-21)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast