Thread: New grower question TIA

Thanks

Default New grower question TIA

Hi I’ve started my first grow I have a .75 x 1.2 x 2M with carbon filter 4” extractor
    Digital ballast dual sodium 600w bulb dimmable to 250w
    I’ve found my tent is getting a little warm I’ve only got my light on 250 and it’s manageable. I planted 4 seeds into bio bizz on Friday two shot up by Monday and I broke one poking the other had gotten under a stone so I’ve binned that off too
    Now have two seedlings which I’ve had in biodegradable like cup things - the root has poked out the bottom of the two this morning so put them directly into 20l root nurse bags of bio bizz

I’ve got the soil moist and then have chucked a seedling dose of sensi grow perfect ph a b halved over both pots

I have my light running 18/6 and I have ordered a 300w (dual) cfl to get around the heat issues I can see coming if I cranked up the ballast - question is should I run the 250 hid and the 300w cfl together once it gets here or just do a straight swap?
    And would u use both/supplement during flower with both lights or crank up to 400-600 and add more fans?
    Also don’t want to over water how likely am I to accidentally go the other way and not give enough
    And any tips to increase humidity I’m sitting at 40 since they left the propergator and wondering how I can bump it up a bit (already added bowl of hot water to tent)

Thanks and hi to all my fellow growers 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Growingsolo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,536 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Growingsolo View Post
    Also don’t want to over water how likely am I to accidentally go the other way and not give enough

And any tips to increase humidity I’m sitting at 40 since they left the propergator and wondering how I can bump it up a bit (already added bowl of hot water to tent)

Stick your finger in the soil, if its dry to the first knuckle its time to water. If you see the soil coming away from the edges of the pot its time to water.

Buy a humidifier.

I don't know enough to answer your light questions, but I am sure someone more knowledgeable will come along and help.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17), Growingsolo (14-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nom View Post
    Stick your finger in the soil, if its dry to the first knuckle its time to water. If you see the soil coming away from the edges of the pot its time to water.

Buy a humidifier.

I don't know enough to answer your light questions, but I am sure someone more knowledgeable will come along and help.
    Thank you!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growingsolo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17), nom (14-12-17)

Thanks

I use "RAM Ultrasonic Humidifier - 400ml per Hour" costs £40

Actually I have 2, because they claim to last 10 hours, and I wanted to go away for the weekend.. I put two humidifiers on timers to take turns at switching on for an hour at a time during lights on hours only and they lasted the weekend

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I use "RAM Ultrasonic Humidifier - 400ml per Hour" costs £40

Actually I have 2, because they claim to last 10 hours, and I wanted to go away for the weekend.. I put two humidifiers on timers to take turns at switching on for an hour at a time during lights on hours only and they lasted the weekend
    Thanks! And that’s a great shout alternating! 👍

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growingsolo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17), nom (14-12-17)

Thanks

You will also want a dehumidifier when it comes to flowering time, but you have 7 weeks before that happens.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You will also want a dehumidifier when it comes to flowering time, but you have 7 weeks before that happens.
    Spotted one of those the other day thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Growingsolo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,829 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Growingsolo View Post
    Hi I’ve started my first grow I have a .75 x 1.2 x 2M with carbon filter 4” extractor
    Digital ballast dual sodium 600w bulb dimmable to 250w
    I’ve found my tent is getting a little warm I’ve only got my light on 250 and it’s manageable. I planted 4 seeds into bio bizz on Friday two shot up by Monday and I broke one poking the other had gotten under a stone so I’ve binned that off too
    Now have two seedlings which I’ve had in biodegradable like cup things - the root has poked out the bottom of the two this morning so put them directly into 20l root nurse bags of bio bizz

I’ve got the soil moist and then have chucked a seedling dose of sensi grow perfect ph a b halved over both pots

I have my light running 18/6 and I have ordered a 300w (dual) cfl to get around the heat issues I can see coming if I cranked up the ballast - question is should I run the 250 hid and the 300w cfl together once it gets here or just do a straight swap?
    And would u use both/supplement during flower with both lights or crank up to 400-600 and add more fans?

Thanks and hi to all my fellow growers 🙂

First thing heat/temps...
    Could do with bigger extraction tbh in a tent that size 5" minimum I'd say but would personally go 6" and dial it down a tad if need be
    A cool tube for the light also works well use one myself and brings temps down 3-4c 😉

Lights you can just change straight over to cfl if you wish but hps does a much better job than cfl so if ya can sort the temps I'd stick with hps 😉

Watering I usually go by the weight of the pot next time you water feel the pot to see how heavy they get when they feel considerably lighter it's time to water that with the finger test anyway 😉

And yeah humidifier for veg to keep humidity up around 60-70% and dehumidifier in flower to keep humidity down around 40%
    Good luck with the grow mate 👍

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MR B-loom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17), ggotch (17-12-17), Growingsolo (14-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BRACEY View Post
    First thing heat/temps...
    Could do with bigger extraction tbh in a tent that size 5" minimum I'd say but would personally go 6" and dial it down a tad if need be
    A cool tube for the light also works well use one myself and brings temps down 3-4c 😉

Lights you can just change straight over to cfl if you wish but hps does a much better job than cfl so if ya can sort the temps I'd stick with hps 😉

Watering I usually go by the weight of the pot next time you water feel the pot to see how heavy they get when they feel considerably lighter it's time to water that with the finger test anyway 😉

And yeah humidifier for veg to keep humidity up around 60-70% and dehumidifier in flower to keep humidity down around 40%
    Good luck with the grow mate 👍

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Thank you I’m saving all of this info appreciated 👍

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Growingsolo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-12-17), ggotch (17-12-17), MR B-loom (15-12-17)