Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Seriously how to maintain a driving license and use weed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    I wouldn't be stupid enough to try with driving after smoking. It's one of the reasons I don't drive full stop despite the usefulness. Laws vary country to country. But one thing remains true. Police can legally lie to you. They cannot however (at least here) you do not have to submit. Unless you fit the description; were witness too or witnessed doing, a crime.

Random stops you are free to walk away from have successfully done it myself. Due to the hours and how I look I get stopped a lot. Now it's for less than 30 seconds usually. Unless very persistent haha.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    You're right, it is so much better to be on foot TBH from a retaining anonymity and a not getting involved point of view. The road traffic act is a real power that coppers have an can abuse how they see fit. The right to stop you for any reason, don't even need to say "your brake light was out" I think in the US there is such a thing as an illegal stop - you guys should be thankful

I guess its just about keeping on the down low and blending in to the average

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-17), Karsa (20-12-17), Trex (05-12-19)

Thanks

Hey guys just thought I would share my experience with drug tests and licenses .. I lost my job couple of months back due to a shady investigation but I’ll keep it brief.. forklift driver .. smoke on average 14 grams a week apparently had more THC levels than the test could read so just showed + 100mg of THC per litre of blood .. anyhow my argument was I smoke in my free time not in the 12 hours a slave I’m signed up too but they were having none of it claiming I was currently intoxicated ..while being in the work place but what ever ... apparently if my THC levels were below 35mg they would have accepted my story of smoking in my free time but because my habit is so big lol landed me in the shit .. owel been 5 months now and still jobless .. hate to say it but I am loving it lol

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weeded uK For This Useful Post:

gardro (20-12-17), GEORGE (20-12-17), Greengrass (20-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Weeded uK View Post
    Hey guys just thought I would share my experience with drug tests and licenses .. I lost my job couple of months back due to a shady investigation but I’ll keep it brief.. forklift driver .. smoke on average 14 grams a week apparently had more THC levels than the test could read so just showed + 100mg of THC per litre of blood .. anyhow my argument was I smoke in my free time not in the 12 hours a slave I’m signed up too but they were having none of it claiming I was currently intoxicated ..while being in the work place but what ever ... apparently if my THC levels were below 35mg they would have accepted my story of smoking in my free time but because my habit is so big lol landed me in the shit .. owel been 5 months now and still jobless .. hate to say it but I am loving it lol
    That's a lot of THC mate. Seems fairly decent that they have a threshold though

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-12-17), Weeded uK (21-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

Drove me horse right threw hawthorn thicket once after takin to pipe and was pickin spines out me face and horse fur weeks afterits, just thinkin to it makes me scared to ever operates much after pipin Best to just hang wheres ya be and goes when safe to do so pilgrim. Stays safe and tends yur fire freely

BWD

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

British green (21-12-17), Flyingscotsman (21-12-17), gardro (20-12-17), GEORGE (20-12-17)

Thanks

Sorry for bumping an old thread but as someone fairly new to driving this has been playing on my mind.

I'm sure we all know about how traces of cannabis stay in our system for quite a long period of time due to it being fat soluble. So we are in a pretty shitty situation regarding drug tests. As someone who smokes frequently and quite heavily, there is always cannabis in my system and I worry that I could fail a drug test despite not having smoked that day.

There's great advice posted above about not giving them a reason to ever pull you over but I wanted to hear more people's experiences.

Anybody passed a roadside test despite being a pot head having smoked recently?

Anybody been banned and wants to share their perspective/experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-19), Trex (05-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

AFAIK the UK roadside drug test is a swab test that only tests for THC rather than metabolites like urine does....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-19), Patrice (06-12-19), Trex (05-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    AFAIK the UK roadside drug test is a swab test that only tests for THC rather than metabolites like urine does....
    So does that mean you'd pass or fail the roadside test I'd you had a smoke the day before?

The advertising and info released isn't very clear, so far I've not heard of anyone being done but they've not started pulling people randomly yet in my area although I'm sure they'll start doing it soon with the run up to Xmas and Nye the way they do for drink driving

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr Anonymous Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-12-19), Patrice (10-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

No idea

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-12-19), Patrice (10-12-19), Trex (10-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    No idea

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Here those roadside swabs are deemed inaccurate last i heard . Theyll still use them and if they get a hit . Theyll send you for a sobriety test . And may e blood tests afterwards who knows . Fucking laws are rediculous .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-12-19), GEORGE (10-12-19), M_C (10-12-19), Patrice (10-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Read this

https://globalnews.ca/news/5242672/d...lse-positives/

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-12-19), GEORGE (10-12-19), M_C (10-12-19)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5