Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My first mother plant...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

Your a tight arse simples.. Buy a veg light
    You don't think keeping a weed plant in your window wouldn't look a little crazy?
    Anyway you are using a light now so I guess I was right......
    If you can't afford a bulb how can you afford to feed it? Buy rooting hormone? Scalpels and mediums
    Last edited by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN; 03-01-18 at 07:22 PM.
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bammbulance View Post
    *Does a quick google search: Cannabis Bonsai*....

Omg gorgeous! That is my new goal!
    You know so much but never seen that.......
    My reply wasn't Intentionally sent as bad I just have a very shit way with words when I'm mashed and its late.
    All I was trying to say is whats wrong in doing it properly ,with a light
    You have full control over light times this way where in the window you don't
    If you can't afford a bulb I'll send you one, I don't mind atall
    Sorry to have sounded a dickhead I really need to stop posting at stupid times in the morning

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-20)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN View Post
    All I was trying to say is what's wrong in doing it properly ,with a light
    Thing I don't get is that in my original post I asked about what strength of bulb I should use, so I don't get where you even got that idea hehe! I never had the intention of not using a light simply the intention of not using it while the sun was out.

No worries man; but try and keep the 'laid back hippy' stereotype going; would not want us to get the Stella reputation

Saying 'do it properly' but sticking it in a grow room... I dunno... surely doing it properly would be using as much natural sunlight as possible and simply ensuring it gains enough light from a bulb during the dark hours to ensure it does not flower (That all important 16 hours); maturing plants constantly produce flowering hormones and when light hits the flowering hormone it destroys it, lacking enough light will result in hormone levels raising above a certain threshold at which point it begins the flowering cycle.

My question was not about saving money but about at which levels light stops destroying the flowering hormone. If my plant is gaining enough sunlight during the day to live and simply requires a 5watt bulb to destroy the hormones than I could do that with a battery powered device (Saving money is simply a happy bonus).

As far as I can tell so far 45watt is low enough to ensure it stays in vegetative growth; I am wondering if anyone has experimented 'how low can you go'.

I would simply have to adjust my timer as the days grow longer/shorter.

Thing is I began growing plants in my window; if you go to my profile and look at my first album you will see a 5 foot tall plant grown to flower entirely in my window, it is far superior to grow lights / artificial light, I used to get 5-10 oz per plant without the use of Bulbs or Fans.

I live in a tower block and so I won't be looking crazy having a mother plant in my window as nobody can see it (Especially not against the green curtain backdrop or surrounded by my 'normal' bonsai collection

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bammbulance For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (03-01-18), GEORGE (06-11-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

i use 1 x 10 watt household LED its on constantly in a very small closet no fans at all it covers a few bonsai mums and roots all my cuttings .........basically 1 bulb is all ewe need bach 10 watts will be overkill my mums are a year or 2 old now btw.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

Bammbulance (04-01-18), GEORGE (06-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bammbulance View Post
    Thing I don't get is that in my original post I asked about what strength of bulb I should use, so I don't get where you even got that idea hehe! I never had the intention of not using a light simply the intention of not using it while the sun was out.

No worries man; but try and keep the 'laid back hippy' stereotype going; would not want us to get the Stella reputation

Saying 'do it properly' but sticking it in a grow room... I dunno... surely doing it properly would be using as much natural sunlight as possible and simply ensuring it gains enough light from a bulb during the dark hours to ensure it does not flower (That all important 16 hours); maturing plants constantly produce flowering hormones and when light hits the flowering hormone it destroys it, lacking enough light will result in hormone levels raising above a certain threshold at which point it begins the flowering cycle.

My question was not about saving money but about at which levels light stops destroying the flowering hormone. If my plant is gaining enough sunlight during the day to live and simply requires a 5watt bulb to destroy the hormones than I could do that with a battery powered device (Saving money is simply a happy bonus).

As far as I can tell so far 45watt is low enough to ensure it stays in vegetative growth; I am wondering if anyone has experimented 'how low can you go'.

I would simply have to adjust my timer as the days grow longer/shorter.

Thing is I began growing plants in my window; if you go to my profile and look at my first album you will see a 5 foot tall plant grown to flower entirely in my window, it is far superior to grow lights / artificial light, I used to get 5-10 oz per plant without the use of Bulbs or Fans.

I live in a tower block and so I won't be looking crazy having a mother plant in my window as nobody can see it (Especially not against the green curtain backdrop or surrounded by my 'normal' bonsai collection
    that is crazy lol
    i also must have read your post completely wrong but was late and mashed and im going to ban myself from this site when mashed lol i apologise again
    in my area no one could ever pull that off, eyes everywhere
    good luck with it and ill defantly look through your photos
    i understand completely now your goal and makes sense, if you can get away with it then why not
    i still think thats raving tho in the window

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-20)

11. Default

Hehe that's me the crazy experimental grower!

No worries, I misread stuff wrong myself All The Time!

I can blame myself too! Had I written the reply I just gave you as my original post we could have all saved some confusion! I shall ban myself from typing a scientific question in under 30 seconds without thinking through what I am actually asking

That sucks to be in an area with 'spotters', when I was growing in my window I didn't feel safe, at one point I had Three 5 foot plants; it got a bit crazy so I now grow in a room, on the 9th floor people looking from the ground can see nothing but had anyone used binoculars I'm sure they would have been able too!

Now my windows full of Cacti and Succulent plants and there's a nice little concealed spot waiting for a mother plant to reside on, if people use binoculars the only thing they will see is my prick(ly cactus).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bammbulance For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (04-01-18), GEORGE (06-11-20)

Thanks

my fault buddy you was in no wrong
    and show some photos when done will be interesting to see
    3 5foot plants in the window lol wow id be lucky to get away with 1 small one
    to be honest thats amazed me i didnt think anyone would get away with that
    i live in a terrible area tho everyone always out to get other people, lots of jealous people around

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-20)

15. Default

Ah that is great to hear thank you! Certainly won't be producing enough heat with a 10w LED to require ventilation

I'm so going to find some little solar-powered LEDs (The ones in Gardens) for this idea Should work perfectly (Them coming on when the sun goes down).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bammbulance For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-20)

17. Default

Yeah I shall make sure to get some photos back on this thread soon. Hopefully it will eventually have >10 strains grafted upon it but will have to grow it to a decent size to do that so may take a year or two!

Hehe it's hilarious and so risky; I live in a council house and get them visiting quite often (Annual safety checks and so on), When I was growing in my window I literally hid my plants behind the drawn curtains like a person would hide during 'hide and seek'.

I've also had a few recent visits where I had forgotten to cover up my ducting/ventilation and I am 100% sure the worker saw it but nothing was said O_o (Multiple times).

I think it is all down to scale, I have lived in this Tower Block for 8 years and never had an issue (But I do not draw attention or produce smell and pay my bills), my next door neighbour got arrested and they dragged £500,000 worth of cannabis out of the converted home - he used to boast about not paying his electricity bills and the smell wafting from his front door was insane! 2 other flats have been raided during my time here, I think the last one got caught because the vibrations from his extraction fan could be heard on the 5th floor (He was on floor 11, lol).

I think so long as your smart about it you really don't have to worry; I am confident if I ever were arrested I would get a slap on my wrist (Never have more than 2 plants growing at a time).

Although if you don't live above the 5th floor I'd not risk growing in the window

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bammbulance For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-11-20)

Thanks

lol cool bud
    i need to try stop mine rumbling so much , i hung my water pump i need to hang my air pump buts its square and awkward but ill do it tomorrow, its stupid little things like this that gets you caught

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

Bammbulance (06-02-18), GEORGE (06-11-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast